Md booster puck

Op rod extended to max dimension

Gas block profiled and ported

post-48862-0-48911200-1401226343_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-10115600-1401226359_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-12159100-1401226377_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-15492000-1401226392_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-19536400-1401226423_thumb.jpg

Will pull the low power springs when it's slug season. I did not want to hinder the guns ability to safely run slugs, as that is the Main goal of the gun. But I love a good challenge and this thing fought me good! I don't even think you are suppose to run 2 /12" ammo in csspecs mags?

You lengthen the op rod to push puck all the way into the gas block. I would recommend the CSS puck as it has a boss on the op rod side of the puck to take-up the extra play. And basically do the same thing with a drop n part.

I don't even think you are suppose to run 2 /12" ammo in csspecs mags?

man , I hope that is not the case .....i got some 200$ invested in those 8 and 10 round Csspecs and I got a boatload of those DUPO20 Expanding Ammo slugs , and there 2-3/4" 'ers !

And yes, it would be nice to get it to cycle that cheapo low brass ammo - but the purpose of my Saiga is to blow big holes in the bad guys ........

you got me kinda confused ;  I didn't know there even was 2 /12" ammo !?  (u mean   2 1/2 "  ? )

from their website :

Product Description

Ten round metal magazine that fits saiga 20 gauge shotgun 2 3/4 inch shells.

PLEASE READ FITTING GUIDE. Its in the Sagia 20 Guage category.

For 2 3/4 inch 20 gauge ammo only.

U.S made, built in Florida. All steel construction.

Uses standard AR-15 magazine spring. Finish is black nitride on all parts.

Edited by MIKE20GA

The "2 1/2 shells" shown in the photo are 2 3/4" shells with a 2 1/2 dram powder loads.

There are shorter shells but you will pay a premium for those.

Csspec, you are correct there two and three-quarter inch. But they are the Walmart Federal bulk pack just like the 12 gauge. Although there eight dollars more than they used to it still one of the cheapest loads I can find.

post-48862-0-02439700-1401706573_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-07620100-1401706624_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

You lengthen the op rod to push puck all the way into the gas block. I would recommend the CSS puck as it has a boss on the op rod side of the puck to take-up the extra play. And basically do the same thing with a drop n part.

When you say CSS puck, do you mean Carolina Shooters supply? 

Nice job getting that thing to run well.  I have been able to get the Winchester and Remington bulk packs to work on my 13 round mag with no issue before.  The federal always fails though.

Welcome to the forums madjack! I enjoyed the challenge of making it work. The 20ga has the pickiest thus far out of all my saiga's. But I think I will start looking for a long barreled s20 to suck all the goodie out of the power for deer hunting. Again welcome, and ask any questions you can think of, we need the traffic in the s20 section.

Welcome to the forums madjack! I enjoyed the challenge of making it work. The 20ga has the pickiest thus far out of all my saiga's. But I think I will start looking for a long barreled s20 to suck all the goodie out of the power for deer hunting. Again welcome, and ask any questions you can think of, we need the traffic in the s20 section.

Yeah, I was asking you earlier if you meant the Carolina Shooters puck.  I ordered the reliability kit last summer and had no luck with it.  I think it's the mags though.

Yes the carolina shooters supply puck. It has an extra boss on it. It has been discussed and approved to flip around backwards to take up some slack in the op rod. You need to double check and make DAMN sure the bolt carrier contacts the top left side of the front trunnion. You DO NOT want the puck/op rod holding the bolt/carrier slightly out of battery. If you unscrew the gas plug and the carrier moves you have issues. Typically what I do is assemble without the gas plug, then slowly screw it in until the carrier moves. You can the. Measure the base of the gas plug-front of gas block and calculate the need amount. Again none of this is necessary unless you are modifying the op rod lenght. It is a fine tune technique, and not generally recommended.

I would suggest running it dirty. It forms it's own seal. You should be able to run literally hundreds of rounds before it hinders operation. IMHO. You can pull out the carrier and remove the gas plug. Then face the muzzle towards the ground and drop a brass punch or an extension off of a 3/8" drive ratchet down where the op rod goes. Some times, apparently as a kind of pinball game, I take the gas plug out and pull the action back and let it snap foreward to try and pop the puck out. I don't know why I continue to do this because it hasn't been very successfully thus far. Yet I continue to try! Lmao at myself.