Md arms 20 round drum fitting issues

I just got my lone star arms saiga 12 back from Mike Rogers today. I'm trying to fit my drum but its not working, I'm following the directions as best I can. I believe Fitcheck A is what it looks like and I've been rounding the top edge as well as the flat surface A, but in all the filing I've done its hasn't changed whats its doing at all. Heres a pic of what the drum looks like inserted. Please help if you can thx

post-48831-0-25050400-1401312688_thumb.jpg

Pics of what I already filed both pics are of the drum I already put some filing into I have a 2nd drum that I haven't touched both fit exactly the same almost. The filed one maybe has a very tiny bit less space between the drum and the receiver but both will not lock in.

post-48831-0-89269500-1401328699_thumb.jpg

post-48831-0-56120400-1401328792_thumb.jpg

Edited by Falzone

My first bit of advice here is for you to disassemble the weapon so you can really see what is going on as you attempt to insert the drum. Have you fit other magazines to this gun? You have an opportunity here to get a really nice fit, don't fuck this up. Just kidding. As you are inserting the drum look down into the receiver and see where the lug is making contact and stopping further insertion. Rock it in a few times and look at the lug to see where you are getting deformation or scratches, this is where you need to remove more material. Hopefully you have a set of small fine files. The more times you do this the better you get. Look at the the rear lug on your factory fit 5rd mag to get an idea of where they removed material.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

The rear lug looks way too thick. Y axis, not X axis. It looks like you have been filing the rear of the lug (X axis). This is usually not necessary, and taking too much off will guarantee that your drum will not lock in, so at this point you need to leave the rear of the lug alone.

What you need to do, is very carefully file a little off the bottom of the lug. Insert, and check for fit. Go slow, take the depth of the lug up a little at a time, make sure you are filing evenly, and when it just locks in, stop, and do not remove any more. After a few cycles of 20 rounds, you will find that the drum locks in and drops out with little effort. Taking too much off will give you a loose fit, and the drum will wobble when inserted.

Good luck!

Mike