Can I buy an Alliance Armament Origin handguard by itself?

Why? Do you think you would like it? Looks very bulky and weird. I would say that if they sell you one it must cost $800 or so. There are a lot of other options. Also, you should pull the link.

What he said^. Probably the ugliest part of the gun.

Also, I think there are still only 2-4 prototypes of that POS in existence, it's been "coming soon" for years.

And AA were dirtbags...

You can make your own. Buy a 7/8" forstner bit and a chunk of pressure treated 4x4. Drill two parallel holes for the barrel and gas tube and spray paint the thing black. 

If you really like the AA hand guard, your best course of action is to get in touch with AA (Alliance Armament). As far as style is concerned - to each his own. If you like the hand guard call them up. 

The last time I spoke with Mike over at AA, he was recently retired, and referred me to someone else who was handling orders.

I keep one of their 30 round drums handy for demos. I was not impressed with their 20 round drum, but the 30 round drum runs like a sewing machine in my guns. When ammo was $4.50 a box of 25, I used the 30 round drum frequently. Now that decent ammo is nearly twice the price, I employ it more judiciously.

BTW, I had a Czech "Maxrounds" 20 round drum in the shop for a couple of months. It is more compact than the AA drum, has attachments for both Saiga IZ-109, and Vepr 12/Saiga Version 30 models, and is highly reliable. It is also spendy, but since it was a loaner, we just shot the hell out of it, and were very happy with the performance.

Mike

• Like 1

Thank you guys, I sent them an email, we shall see. I was looking to cover the whole front end without the entire handguard covered in rails. I also saw a Tromix handguard that I liked but MAA is sold out and I see it no other place. 

You might also want to contact Fostech Arms they are marketing the Origin as there's now

I contacted them thank you for the connect. Judd Foster wrote me back today and shows the "upper" complete front end is a combination of the barrel, gas system, and what appears to be a left side charging handle ala HK9x series all in one, and not just a handguard. $990: Not exactly what I was hoping for, but pretty cool nonetheless. post-21036-0-47615400-1401570563_thumb.jpg

Edited by negev5021