Might be a dumb question, but why let that stop me...

What's the advantage/purpose of shooting gloves?  Is it shock absorption, heat protection, abrasion resistance?  Cold weather protection is obvious.

I hope that all didn't come across as sarcastic or accusatory...I really don't know.

Thanks!

What's the advantage/purpose of shooting gloves? Is it shock absorption, heat protection, abrasion resistance? Cold weather protection is obvious.

I hope that all didn't come across as sarcastic or accusatory...I really don't know.

Thanks!

J frame 38 +p 100 rounds that is all

• Like 1

Gloves?.... You mean bitch mittens! Oh yea I got my wife some. She loves them.

I'm just kidding. I don't use gloves for shootig, but probably every other kind of work. I actually have the gloves in the OP. There great for working on line shafting on the turbine pumps I work on.

• Like 3

Boda try the maxiflex. They are super light and are like not using anything when it comes to trigger control. Pm me your address ill send you a pair.

Edited by Ak Monty

Boda try the maxiflex. They are super light and are like not using anything when it comes to trigger control. Pm me your address ill send you a pair.

Thanks for the offer but I can get those locally. I have used them in the past and like them too but they are a light glove that works well in the summer

I bought the Mag Grip gloves for winter use.

Yes very light glove. When I use gloves for shooting the lighter the better a long as there's some beef in the palm. I ideally only ever use gloves if I'm shooting a bunch of rounds through a snub 38 ultralight. And I just need a little something between the web of my hand and metal backstrap.

Do any of you have a wife/girlfriend that has found a good pair of shooting gloves for women?  I have very slender hands and can't seem to find any that are slim enough without also being so long that the fingers catch when racking the slide or reloading mags.   

What's the advantage/purpose of shooting gloves?  Is it shock absorption, heat protection, abrasion resistance?  Cold weather protection is obvious.

All of those. As I get older, I find I really wanna be wearing gloves for pretty much everything I do now. Even simple outdoor household stuff. Im not really enjoying having sore hands at the end of the day anymore.

My FiL worked his whole like as a truck driver handling things, stuff that you'd think is no big deal, but now he has terrible problems with the skin on his hands tearing.

Nowadays I look at my gloves at the end of the day, dirty, beat up and fraying, and think "thats what I used to put my hands through".

Edited by mostholycerebus
  • Like 2