Problems at the range today

So I had something really odd happen today, I have not taken it take to see whats going on yet, But heres what happened, I used 10rds set the gun down, picked up the Saiga762 for 30rds and then loaded both mags back up, When I went to load the S12 mag in the gun went fine but was unable to pull the bolt back, If I lock the bolt open with no mag and then install the loaded mag it was fine, Only when the loaded mag was installed I was unable to pull the bolt back..really odd...

I will try and get in to it this week and see whats going on..any one else have this happen?

-Paul

Not sure what Mag you are using, but sometimes you can overload them so that the Mag doesn't have that extra give to compensate for the bulk of the bolt. You should be able to push the top round down about half or three quarters of the width of the ammo. If you haven't profiled the bottom of your bold yet this also affects that interaction. The only other thing you could take a look at is to see if the bolt is dragging on the bottom side of the rails with the extra pressure of the mag inserted? Give some more specifics. Guys on here will help you figure it out.

• Like 1

I was using a new 10rd mag,(First time) but tested it with the stock 5rd mag with only one shell in it, Same thing, Last night I tried to look it over and see if I could see what was holding it up and was unable to see anything..

Well...try pushing up with you hand on the bottom of the closed bolt, then open action and see if you can get it to replicate? It is possible to have the guide rod bind enough to hang up the action. Was it sticking with a dead round in the chamber?

Check your manual BHO. If the spring has come off, this can cause the BHO to "free float" and interfere with bolt carrier movement.

Sorry I do not know what "BHO" means..I removed the bolt and looked for anything out of the norm, Everything looks fine..Now I can pull the bolt back with no magazine its only when the loaded magazine is locked in that it will not slide..

BHO stands for "bolt hold open". It's that tap that sticks out out the bottom of the receiver just behind the trigger on the right side. It's usually just bare steel not black.post-48862-0-13529300-1401756967_thumb.jpg

This is what it looks like. (This is off a vepr 12 though and serves a diffenent function) as All of my saiga's no longer have the bho. It has fixes, and can be made reliable. But it can be a pain in the azz. I don't find it handy. With the bolt closed, it should feel spring loaded and protrude out of the reciever about 1/4". If it feels stuck or is flush with bottom of reciever you have issues.

Thank you for the info, Looks like my BHO is stocking out and feel s spring loaded, I can push it in and it returns back out..Also something I see from testing to try and find the problem is the shell I am using to test load it getting beat up on the front edge..

Hope you are using dummy rounds, if your not in a safe place you would intentionally shoot. These guns have a lot of sharp edges, they will nick and tear up ammo some each time you chamber a round.