open sights open sight replacement

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 johninsotexas

johninsotexas

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

Today I bought a new vepr 7.62x39, and a open with windage. Can anyone tell me how to change it out?.  I jacked with it for a couple hours today, and couldn't figure it out. Any bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 deadeye

deadeye

bloodshot

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

Get a wood dowel a rag and a hammer. Hit it down and back with the dowel as a punch. The rag is to cover it so it don't go flying into the lost world
"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own goverment."

George Washington

#3 johninsotexas

johninsotexas

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

Deadeye, Im sorry but Im really wet behind the ears on this gun. Could you explain with a little more detail on how to remove the rear sight so I can install the new one?.

#4 deadeye

deadeye

bloodshot

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:42 PM

Is it a normal ak sight
"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own goverment."

George Washington

#5 johninsotexas

johninsotexas

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

Thanks but that doesn't help me.

#6 beefcakeb0

beefcakeb0

Top Member

• Volunteer Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

Can you post pics or look at pics of a regular ak leaf? He was dead on... lol.... About how to do it the dowel goes on the part closest to the barrel and press down and rearward. There should be a travel path on the side of the sight base that the side pins fit in you can use as a guide.

#7 deadeye

deadeye

bloodshot

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

AK-47: Rear Sight Removal & Installation (HD):

George Washington

#8 beefcakeb0

beefcakeb0

Top Member

• Volunteer Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

Also why change it? The windage sight is one of the better ones out there, what would you replace it with?

#9 johninsotexas

johninsotexas

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

Also why change it? The windage sight is one of the better ones out there, what would you replace it with?

The sight that came with the gun didnt have a windage adjustment on it just up/down. This new one I bought has windage.

AK-47: Rear Sight Removal & Installation (HD):

Thank you so much, that was much better than the little manual the gun came with, man it was so easy after watching this. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users