Csspecs steel 8rd Vepr-12 mag final model.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll post some pictures once I get some decent lighting, bare metal is tricky to photograph. Steel is on order to make a small batch, so its just a few more weeks before production.   http://youtu.

Look what showed up today.. Your looking at everything but the front lug, spring guide, and rear lug.   Having the first run laser cut saves a couple months over ordering blanking dies. The laser do

Mag are complete through metal work as of tonight. They go for metal finishing Monday morning.

Posted Images

We may do a pre-order but it will be after they are at metal finishing. They are going to be the Nitride finish.

Could you pm me when pre-order starts, as long as they are under 100$ each. I also will be needing several of your .308 mags on the same ticket. Ty

You know pricing yet?

$55 each provided no huge surprises.

If you want to be emailed sign up for the email list here

http://stores.csspecs.com/vepr-12ga-magazine/

And if you want to spend the next month compulsively pressing refresh to be the first to own one. Check here.

http://stores.csspecs.com/coming-soon-vepr-12-gauge-8-round-steel-magazine/

• Like 1

You know pricing yet?

$55 each provided no huge surprises.

If you want to be emailed sign up for the email list here

http://stores.csspecs.com/vepr-12ga-magazine/

And if you want to spend the next month compulsively pressing refresh to be the first to own one. Check here.

http://stores.csspecs.com/coming-soon-vepr-12-gauge-8-round-steel-magazine/

O.C.D/A.D.D is no laughing mater matter mader mat-her.....uh.....did you order pizza?!

Picked up the rear lug bar stock this morning and have it cut to fit in the CNC mill.. Now I have to scrub the storage grease off and check for nicks ect.

Probably scheduled the milling for next week when we meet for the M77 forming dies.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to update. Our laser cut blanks are on a truck headed to us.. We have the stamp plates locked in the press waiting on the steel to get here to start stamping.

CNC shop has completed the rear lugs and they are in my shop waiting to be welded onto the mags.

And we are currently processing the front catches and the floor plate retainers.

• Like 2

No read his last post he's just now got all The materials together to start making them. After he has made then they will need finished. Id guess a couple to 4 weeks before they are shipping. That's a guess.A1

Look what showed up today.. Your looking at everything but the front lug, spring guide, and rear lug.

Having the first run laser cut saves a couple months over ordering blanking dies. The laser does cost more per piece, but its less risk in the event a change is needed after the first run is made.

post-2952-0-94281800-1404424589_thumb.jpg

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

Up date?

Saw a post from CS on another forum from last night..  <ak files> 

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193075

First and probably second batch are going to be 8 rd. I have not made time to get our new press running, I'll do that in August. That should open the door for going larger than 8 rds, however I'll still need to source the springs and the like.

And if your on our email list, you will get a heads up 5 days before they go for sale giving you the day and approximate time, and another 1 hour before.

I don't do pre-orders, but I'll be sure to let everyone on our email list know about them ahead of time..

We should have 450+ in wrappers waiting for opening sale. Normally I'd say they will stay in stock. But I have 200 email addresses on the mailing list for just the Vepr-12 mags, and several have asked about discounts for 10+ mags. So don't count on it. Batch two will be about 30-50 days behind and should fill any demand with left overs for stock.

And yes I'm aware I need to pay for Business membership inside of three days (I'll get it done shortly).

Edit:

And no the Vepr 54r is not the next in line. We have M77 plates waiting on heat treatment, so they are next.. Then its something of a toss up as I'm supposed to make 5 new magazines by years end and I'll only be at three, so possibly NDM-86 followed by Galil .308 or Valmet mags... Not sure.

On a positive I get to buy cool rifles and pass them off to the Wife like I need them for work. biggrin.gif

Edited by Zippyman

I'd assume so.. What is normally done on the IZ-433s to use Vepr-12 mags?

If any one else has some info on this I would greatly appreciate it.
Probably have to remove some material an the rear lug because the Vepr's mag catch is longer but in theory it should work. I would be interested in purchasing a dinged up mag to experiment and post a review on if CSSpecs has any of those laying around. This would be for my 040 but it has the same magwell/latch assembly as the 030's. I know I sound cheap but money is super tight at the moment.

Edited: I misspoke, Saiga's rear latch is longer than the Vepr's. You have to make up for the added material on the latch by reducing material on the lug.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

Probably have to remove some material an the rear lug because the Vepr's mag catch is longer but in theory it should work. I would be interested in purchasing a dinged up mag to experiment and post a review on if CSSpecs has any of those laying around. This would be for my 040 but it has the same magwell/latch assembly as the 030's. I know I sound cheap but money is super tight at the moment.

Interested as well.

Edited by k-101

and then a pm

We will look into compatibility with the magwell Saigas. I figure we should be fairly close to locking up because we make contact off the receiver metal. I made some rock lock LRBHO saiga-12 mags and they lock up decently.

I'd imagine a little file work would have it fitting.. I could be wrong.

• Like 1