Csspecs steel 8rd Vepr-12 mag final model.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll post some pictures once I get some decent lighting, bare metal is tricky to photograph. Steel is on order to make a small batch, so its just a few more weeks before production.   http://youtu.

Look what showed up today.. Your looking at everything but the front lug, spring guide, and rear lug.   Having the first run laser cut saves a couple months over ordering blanking dies. The laser do

Mag are complete through metal work as of tonight. They go for metal finishing Monday morning.

Posted Images

Mine arrived today. Didn't have a lot of time to play. I ran two mags through a V12 and a 040 as fast as I could with zero issues. No fitting required on these two that are equipped with JTE extended latches.

d6a417d163ece60be0289165ac64df74_zpsa40f

Huge THANK YOU to CCSpecs for bringing these to market.

Got my blemish mag today! Can't figure it out the blemish part though looks great to me. Thank you

I kicked it back for a finish issue, so it has one.. We use inspection lights, which generate a light spectrum that helps show imperfections, even the regular mags have something on them as they are manually processed the whole way through.. The blemished just had more than the specified amount of imperfections.

Hey "big titties" pm sent. Sunnybeam the mags seem to work ok with no mods in the saiga? Have you adjusted the length of your saiga mag latch, or were they both vepr 12 mag latches?

P.S. My card was shut down by my banks "fraud services" lol. That's why I could not complete my order. The auditor felt the transaction was suspicious. Retards. Obviously they are not familar with my account purchases, or the only red flags would be non-firearm related. Lol. I am purchasing (2) more saiga 040 (magwell guns). Hope to have better ordering luck next time!!!!!

Mine arrived today. Didn't have a lot of time to play. I ran two mags through a V12 and a 040 as fast as I could with zero issues. No fitting required on these two that are equipped with JTE extended latches.d6a417d163ece60be0289165ac64df74_zpsa40f

Huge THANK YOU to CCSpecs for bringing these to market.

I had major fitting issues to my 040. Mike, read your pm...

Fitting the rear lug or other mods?

I tried to insert them into a 030 with JTE extended latch and it wouldn't go. I was rushed to get out the door. I'll play with them more tomorrow but I am thinking one or two strokes with a file and to the lug and it will go in that gun.

Fitting the rear lug or other mods?

I tried to insert them into a 030 with JTE extended latch and it wouldn't go. I was rushed to get out the door. I'll play with them more tomorrow but I am thinking one or two strokes with a file and to the lug and it will go in that gun.

I assumed I had to modify the rear lug, which I did and really wasn't a problem. The real issue is that the mag had to be forced the remaining 1/8" because the rails squeezed the top of the mag. This caused the follower to bind and not travel the last inch or so. This problem was rectifiable. I had to take material off the top sides of the mag. It now works perfect. Insertion is easy, LRBHO activates and the mag drops freely. The mod took me a few hours. I am sure with the first under my belt I can do it again in an hour or less. Personally I don't have a problem with the modification but Mike sent the mag at no charge. I am not sure if the average user would be satisfied taking a dremel and grinding stone to a new mag.

I will post pics and a tutorial of what I did here soon. Need to get to a real computer before that happens.

Drifter.

One reason it could be working is because  we opened up the tolerances of the followers a great deal when we assembled the rest of the batch. So odds are his mags can compress without a problem.

I've looked over your mods and I think I can work them into mid production modification. Should be possible to either mill or grind the feed lips, and the front support is going to be made thinner as well. Making the special catches should get Mark swearing up a storm.. But oh well.

I'm going to try altering a mag using your sizes to see how that works.. I may be able to get the metal worked around without grinding, which is generally more consistent on my end.

Drifter.

One reason it could be working is because  we opened up the tolerances of the followers a great deal when we assembled the rest of the batch. So odds are his mags can compress without a problem.

I've looked over your mods and I think I can work them into mid production modification. Should be possible to either mill or grind the feed lips, and the front support is going to be made thinner as well. Making the special catches should get Mark swearing up a storm.. But oh well.

I'm going to try altering a mag using your sizes to see how that works.. I may be able to get the metal worked around without grinding, which is generally more consistent on my end.

I also had the thought of using a thinner guage steel for those areas I had to grind. Not sure how that would effect the feed lip strength but taking it thinner by one step may fix everything. In regards to the rear locking lug, I would have no issue paying what you are asking and filing them on my own. I was surprised by how much material I did have to remove but there is still plenty of lug left. Good luck mate. Let me know if you want this mag back to get your own measurements.

Tested the CSS Vepr 12 mag with three different Vepr 12 builds yesterday. Mag locked right in and functioned perfectly in all three. Great news for Vepr 12 owners!

He prob fell on hard times and was forced to sell them.......at a profit. Lol

Now we only need to see how they can be fit to the saiga 12 030

It's fair to assume that you didn't read the thread, as they have been making adjustments and modification to fit the saiga magwell guns 030/040.

Happy happy5447dec2373377b8dfdafe802f118154_zpsabc9

The pictures show there very close.

He prob fell on hard times and was forced to sell them.......at a profit. Lol

It's fair to assume that you didn't read the thread, as they have been making adjustments and modification to fit the saiga magwell guns 030/040.

Happy happy5447dec2373377b8dfdafe802f118154_zpsabc9

The pictures show there very close.

yes, that would be fair to say, kind of half following. Thanks for the info and courtesy.

Of all my magwell guns my 030 has the tightest magwell (front to back). It took me about two minutes with a small file to open up the magwell enough for the CSspecs V12 mags to work. This is with a JTE extended mag latch. On MY guns no other work was required.

Of all my magwell guns my 030 has the tightest magwell (front to back). It took me about two minutes with a small file to open up the magwell enough for the CSspecs V12 mags to work. This is with a JTE extended mag latch. On MY guns no other work was required.

Did the magwell adjustment on the 030 cause the saiga 12 mags ( aka 'police mags' ) to be a little loose after the adjustment?

Did the magwell adjustment on the 030 cause the saiga 12 mags ( aka 'police mags' ) to be a little loose after the adjustment?

No more loose than the 040 or V12 guns. One of my V12s had a very wide magwell opening. It hasn't caused me any issues but its to the point were I might try filling the front of it with a smear of JB weld to suck up some space.

YMMV.