It works. It like fat chicks n mopeds. I have shot several thousand rounds and mine has held up fine. You will prob outgrow it and wish you had used the money to put a down payment on a higher quality item. However you may have never fallen in love enough with you gun with out it, to choose to spend more on it later, so it does serve a purpose. There are to many options to be sure what you'll like without handling and shooting them. So, I say you have to start some where. Keep it in good shape and sell it later if your taste change.

It works. It like fat chicks n mopeds. I have shot several thousand rounds and mine has held up fine. You will prob outgrow it and wish you had used the money to put a down payment on a higher quality item. However you may have never fallen in love enough with you gun with out it, to choose to spend more on it later, so it does serve a purpose. There are to many options to be sure what you'll like without handling and shooting them. So, I say you have to start some where. Keep it in good shape and sell it later if your taste change.

I can agree with that.

Everything tapco that I've had my hands on, except the G2 and SAW grip, felt under built in comparison to a similar product.

• Like 2

OK, sounds like some valid opinions. So, give me some better choices. I am not interested in a folding stock. I don't want something like a KickLite because I don't want it to cause cycling problems. I would like adjustable length. I'm newer to this than you guys, so give me a hand. Sounds like you saved me from a bad purchase.

What about this bad boy?

ATI Saiga Adjustable Strikeforce Elite Stock

Six Position Adjustable Non-Side Folding Stock with Scorpion Razorback Recoil Pad, Aluminum Buffer Tube and Adjustable Cheekrest

•Six Position Collapsible Stock?
•Redesigned Slim Line Rear Aluminum Receiver Mount
•Scorpion Razorback Recoil Pad
•Recoil Impact is Absorbed – Shooting any Load Size can now be Done with No Pain being Transferred to the Shooter
•Reduces the Challenge to Reacquire the Target by Minimizing the Muzzle Lift
•Not Affected by Chemicals
•Remains Flexible in Extreme Temperatures
•Eliminates the Felt Punch of the Recoil
•Removes Limitations from Spring and Piston Type Recoil Suppression Systems
•Non-Slip, Removable?
•Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum
•Six Position Commercial Buffer Tube
•Aluminum Receiver Mount
•3M Industrial Grade Self-Adhesive Soft Touch Cheekrest Pad
•Removable/Adjustable Cheekrest (3/8”)
•Slot for Tactical Sling Attachment
•One Sling Swivel Studs
•DuPont® Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer
•Includes Steel Castle Nut and Steel Locking Ring
Made In The USA
•Limited Lifetime Warranty
Fits All Saiga Firearms

A little better than the tapco, generally and the aluminum buffer tube.. I'd look at the cost of that vs other aluminum buffer tubes.

I am sure it is fine. I will say that all the carbine stocks tend to be at kind of a wrong angle for the shotguns and have a smaller butt pad than is ideal. That includes AK pattern stocks like mine. But they can work.

The real thing is to look at which buffer tube adapters put the stock at the right height and angle if you are going that route.

• Like 1

I really like the looks of the B5 Systems stocks. I am looking into them. Thanks.

Need to find out what else I need to buy to install the B5 stock on my Saiga, like adapter, nut, tube, etc.

Edited by goldenpony

I use the magpul CTR on mine. I also have a Magpul str on an AR and I love it! Excellent stock.

The str has an awesome cheek weld but the CTR has the option to use 3 different risers to get the proper height.

I have decided on a B5 Systems Bravo stock, the M4 tube adapter from Rifle Dynamics. I will still need a tube & castle nut. Is there some kind of end plate I need? I think that should cover it. Maybe a sling swivel  for the stock.

I plan to ask Santa for a forearm, vertical grip and a muzzle brake-then I will be done!

• Like 1

i have the KickLite stocks on both my SaIga 12 and Saiga 20 no cycling issues with them. both work fine and have half the felt recoil with them. The 20 gauge was under gassed and i sent it out to JT Engineering and would not cycle 2 3/4 shells even before conversion.  Both work very well and my shoulder loves it at the end of the day too. bad_smile.gif

Well, I was planning to use the Rifle Dynamics adapter, but I inquired about it to them and they responded that they don't recommend their adapter on the S12. Not sure why.

So, how do I adapt my Saiga to take the M4 tube?

Well, got some good news. Rifle Dynamics has redesigned their adapter and it now will work fine on S12 guns.

I now know where I will get my adapter and what kind of stock I want. I still need a tube and nut and anything else I need for this retrofit. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

I often see standard M4 type car stocks on ebay for barely any money. They all kinda do the same thing, so if you don't have strong opinions, Spend $10 on one and go play. Then when you decide your buddy's magpul or whatever is the ultimate get that if you must.

I usually say buy once and be done, but this part is so cheap...

The things I would be looking at is the feel and height of cheek weld, the size of the buttplate, and the options for good recoil pads. Most of these are designed for light rifles with no kick. If you look at how most people have to shoulder an AR or even an AK to get a good sight picture, they are usually perching the toe corner of the stock on their collar bone. Since the rifle has no kick, it only needs to be a point of contact to stabilize. On a shotgun which has some recoil (but far less than most shotguns) that is kinda crummy. Some of the SAW like AR stocks have a bigger footprint and might be nicer. They often have adjustable risers too.

Try to find something that doesn't make you have to choose between a good mount or a good cheek weld. i.e. firmly in your shoulder pocket or more centered on your chest (Depending on which style of shooting you prefer, and your body size) without having to crane your neck down and forward to get a sight picture. The worst is craned down and forward with no cheek contact so your head is hovering and wobbling in relation to your sights.

Edited by GunFun

I just changed out my Ace triangle stock for an AR 6 position and I like it a lot more. I'm using a MSA internal stock adaptor with an ace folding mechanism and Ace AR buffer tube adaptor. The stock itself is a Viltor buffer tube with Magpul CTR stock and enhanced recoil pad. I might play around with the cheek risers but it seems fine without any. the top of the folding mechanism sits about an 8th of an inch above the top of the receiver and it could move up a little more.

Edited by Vance665

I'm about ready to order the parts. I am going with the B5 Systems SOPMOD Milspec stock. I assume the buffer tube really doesn't make any difference as long as I get one in MilSpec size.  then I guess all I will need is the RD adapter, a castle nut and a lock plate. I'm not going for recoil reduction because I don't want to reduce my cycling.  Since I got my parts back from Cobra's Custom, the gun runs so sweet. Still doesn't like the wimpy loads, but I can live with that. I usually buy the hotter stuff anyway. I did get a MD Arms Booster Piston to use if I feel the need to run light stuff. Haven't tried it yet, but Shannon recommended it.

Edited by goldenpony

Received the rest of my parts from Bravo Co. Already had the RD adapter in place. Installed the buffer tube, plate, castle nut and QD swivel for the 2 point sling. OMG, I can't believe how well everything works together. the B5 Bravo stock is awesome.

I'm going to take everything back off, lock tite everything and put it all back tight. I can't wait to shoot it.

Once everything is tight and in place I'll attach some pics.

Sure looks different than the Sporter I took out of the box.

What about this bad boy?

ATI Saiga Adjustable Strikeforce Elite Stock

Six Position Adjustable Non-Side Folding Stock with Scorpion Razorback Recoil Pad, Aluminum Buffer Tube and Adjustable Cheekrest

•Six Position Collapsible Stock?

•Redesigned Slim Line Rear Aluminum Receiver Mount

•Scorpion Razorback Recoil Pad

•Recoil Impact is Absorbed – Shooting any Load Size can now be Done with No Pain being Transferred to the Shooter

•Reduces the Challenge to Reacquire the Target by Minimizing the Muzzle Lift

•Not Affected by Chemicals

•Remains Flexible in Extreme Temperatures

•Eliminates the Felt Punch of the Recoil

•Removes Limitations from Spring and Piston Type Recoil Suppression Systems

•Non-Slip, Removable?

•Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum

•Six Position Commercial Buffer Tube

•Aluminum Receiver Mount

•3M Industrial Grade Self-Adhesive Soft Touch Cheekrest Pad

•Removable/Adjustable Cheekrest (3/8”)

•Slot for Tactical Sling Attachment

•One Sling Swivel Studs

•DuPont® Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer

•Includes Steel Castle Nut and Steel Locking Ring

Made In The USA

•Limited Lifetime Warranty

Fits All Saiga Firearms

I went with this stock on my S 12 it works very well. As to stock angle, I shoot trap and have shot a few clays with the Saiga to check function and it works very well. Sight picture and cheek weld are what I prefer when shooting shot guns and the factory sights work as well as any in that I seldom see the bead after mounting the gun anyway.