NASA Has Built a Warp Drive. No, Really.

... Not trying to piss on your parade, but the title of this thread is 100% bullshit.

The Alcubierre drive is still purely theoretical. No "warp drive" has been built. There are a few very tentative experiments using lasers in an attempt to warp spacetime - none of which is within many, many orders of magnitude of being a "warp drive." We're still figuring out what the hell spacetime is, and we're absolutely in our infancy when it comes to manipulating it.

... Not trying to piss on your parade, but the title of this thread is 100% bullshit.

The Alcubierre drive is still purely theoretical. No "warp drive" has been built. There are a few very tentative experiments using lasers in an attempt to warp spacetime - none of which is within many, many orders of magnitude of being a "warp drive." We're still figuring out what the hell spacetime is, and we're absolutely in our infancy when it comes to manipulating it.

Its hard to say how much,(if any) that they have actually tried doing. I'm guessing very little.

Dude, don't take things so seriously.  Take a deep breath...  Sip some herbal tea...

Ever hear of sarcasm? 

The title of the thread was based on the line I specifically quoted in the story where THEY call it a "mini version of the warp drive".

Is that description a bit of a stretch?  Certainly.  I decided to stretch the stretch.  Hence the sarcastic title of the thread.

• Like 3

What is sarcasm?

I would like you to explain the concept to me in excruciating detail.

Bad science, and ignorant reporters badly reporting really cool new science, are pet peeves.

I still don't see that title as sarcasm - it is genuinely unclear. That exact format "SCIENCE DID SOMETHING AWESOME OMG. NO REALLY" title is a very common format in the pulp science dipshit reporter community.

Now ask me if I give a fuck about your pet peeves.

And if you need a definition of sarcasm, try google.

Edited by Darth Saigus

All of you mother fuckers that don't believe that we have mastered warp drive are racists. 

Im not racist, I have a color tv.

I knew there was something just wrong with you.haha.gif

• Like 2

All of you mother fuckers that don't believe that we have mastered warp drive are racists. 

Im not racist, I have a color tv.

My dad says,  'Im not racist,  I let my black and white tv drink from the same water fountain'

• Like 1

Re-read the canon, sir. The Vulcans didn't make contact with us until they detected the warp signature of our first warp-capable ship.

Edited by Shandlanos
  • Like 1