I didnt think it had been that long since ive shopped for rifles but maybe it has.  Cant find a single Vepr x54 in stock under 1 grand. What gives?  Whats there a run of them? Is there some reason they have jumped in price so much? Kind of ridiculous but that seems to be the trend these days.  Guess i should have made that a top priority since its been on my list to buy.  I never imagined those would be in short supply or so highly priced. I would settle for just about any model or bbl length.

I cant find just about any rifle in any caliber but these. Im just a bit bewildered. What am i missing?

Atlantic has a couple different models a shade under $900.

I got mine about a year ago for just under $800 - it was one of the V1 square-backs with firewood stocks, so that price isn't out of line for ones with nice wood (hehe!).

The prices jumped after the Sandyhook gun panic. I snatched a 27" v1 square back with the unfinished wood for $13xx a few months after. So when the prices finally dropped to $899 late last year they went pretty quick. Most recent place I've heard have them in stock is Atlantic. Center fire systems used to have the most before the sales. Good luck on the hunt!

I was also hot to buy one for a period of time but even $900 seemed too high to me in the "good days" when a year before that they were $700. Places were getting like $1300/ea for them with 1/2 machined wood stocks not too long ago. Just crazy prices. I best deal I saw was for a fixed sight model with a slant back (I think?) for $899. Nukeme was certainly in the right place at the right time. Late last year I wasn't shopping for them anymore so he must have hit right on the bottom of the bubble.

Instead I buy a case of x54R from time to time in preparation for some goofball to introduce a x54R pistol or Barack to do another stupid thing and fuck that caliber up too... THEN prices on the guns will drop. In the meantime I have as much bolt action ammo as anyone could wish for! :)

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1