Double Stack Pics

Here are some pics of double stack mags. The exterior is currently a blank slate and not representative. Shown is an 8rd and 22rd mag. For length and width comparison there is a pic of the 8 next to a 5rd single and the 22 is next to the 12rd single . Notice the 12rder is missing its floor plate and that the doubles are each right at 1/2" shorter and also less than the width of two single stacks mags. The round to weight ration will be significantly lower than a single stack of the same capacity.

The capacities that will be available hasn't been finalized yet. I would like to start a poll to see what everyone would like to see available and what they think they would most likely pick as primary capacity.

post-2662-0-95190100-1402774453_thumb.jpg

post-2662-0-21779900-1402774466_thumb.jpg

post-2662-0-71281800-1402774483_thumb.jpg

post-2662-0-23398100-1402774494_thumb.jpg

• Like 12
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are some pics of double stack mags. The exterior is currently a blank slate and not representative. Shown is an 8rd and 22rd mag. For length and width comparison there is a pic of the 8 next

The 22rd would be just over a pound I think it was vs a 2 pound md-20 or 2 pound 6 ounce (roughly) promag drum. Any capacity we release will be able to feed any mix of 2 3/4 and 3" ammo. With the ma

We definitely plan to do a Vepr mag. I've been playing with the follower design already. Also a magwell made for doubke stack mags woul still accept all other mags. The front to back dimension is t

Posted Images

Looks good. I think I would like something in the 15 or 16 round range and a 10 rounder more than 8. 22 would be cool too. How does the weight compare to your drum?

Second question: do these work with 3" shells? That could inform my capacity preference. i.e. I would prefer an 18 rounder which reliably lifts 3" mag to a 22 rounder which won't. I doubt I would shoot 18 rounds of 3" very often, but I really like the idea that I could. That would make sense to me for the hog hunters where it is legal, and the emergency backdoor gun in bear country.

• Like 1

Looks good. I think I would like something in the 15 or 16 round range and a 10 rounder more than 8. 22 would be cool too. How does the weight compare to your drum?

Second question: do these work with 3" shells? That could inform my capacity preference. i.e. I would prefer an 18 rounder which reliably lifts 3" mag to a 22 rounder which won't. I doubt I would shoot 18 rounds of 3" very often, but I really like the idea that I could. That would make sense to me for the hog hunters where it is legal, and the emergency backdoor gun in bear country.

The 22rd would be just over a pound I think it was vs a 2 pound md-20 or 2 pound 6 ounce (roughly) promag drum. Any capacity we release will be able to feed any mix of 2 3/4 and 3" ammo. With the material we use they will be stronger than any other polymers mag and rebound from rougher abuse than metal mags. They will also have metal in the front lug.

• Like 10

That 8-round mag looks absolutely perfect for carry. Compact, not too heavy, and very good capacity. Anything much larger than 10-12 starts to get a little impractical for carry, and will end up being a range mag for me.

I only carry an S-12 when I'm hiking in areas with bears and big cats, which isn't often. I always carry a 5-round mag, because it gets in the way the least. An 8-round magazine of the same length is perfect. Definitely enough slugs to end a bear.

Those look fantastic. If they're as or more reliable than SGM mags, I'll be buying as many as I can afford.

• Like 1

That 8-round mag looks absolutely perfect for carry. Compact, not too heavy, and very good capacity. Anything much larger than 10-12 starts to get a little impractical for carry, and will end up being a range mag for me.

I only carry an S-12 when I'm hiking in areas with bears and big cats, which isn't often. I always carry a 5-round mag, because it gets in the way the least. An 8-round magazine of the same length is perfect. Definitely enough slugs to end a bear.

Those look fantastic. If they're as or more reliable than SGM mags, I'll be buying as many as I can afford.

A 9rd double would be right at .100" shorter than a single 5. A 10 rd double would be right at .300 longer. They are ultra reliable! You can believe that! These will absolutely dominate in ever aspect, even price...

• Like 6

I take it it would be difficult to offer many different capacities?

I like that SGM mags are available as 2, 6, 8, 10, and 12 rounders - I know their design allows the mag to essentially be chopped at whatever length is desired. Is that unfeasible or impractical with your double stack design?

• Like 1

Then skip the 8 rounder and make a 10. If people are concerned about the weight of two more shells, they can just download. With that small difference in bulk, Let's just have a 10.

For what it's worth I think they look good smooth. I would like it better if they had steel in the rear lug though.

• Like 5

8, 10 or 12 rounds would be awesome.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with 10.

I would not buy the 22rd with the MD20 drum being available.

The combination of length & weight is just too much.

I cut all my SGM 12rd mags down because they were just too unwieldy.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

10 rounds seems like it would be a good standard and something larger for the 3 gun crowd. The folding stock capability is a good plus. Any comment you can add on how they load on a closed bolt, or if capacity effects that? Good to see you moving forward!

Since the idea of the double stack is to increase capacity but not height, you should pick the perfect height, then maximize the capacity of that.

The factory 5 and factory 8 are the lengths that people are used to, so if you are coming out with 2 capacities, I would stay within those lengths.  So an 11 rounder and a 17

• Like 1

8, 10 or 12 rounds would be awesome.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with 10.

I would not buy the 22rd with the MD20 drum being available.

The combination of length & weight is just too much.

I cut all my SGM 12rd mags down because they were just too unwieldy.

He's already discontinued the drum. 

I'd like the 22 just because you can. Also because there's probably a competition here and there which would allow it. If they are as reliable as promised, that would be way nicer than an iffy frankenmag.

• Like 1

Just thinking out loud here...........make whatever sizes everyone seems to be used to (length-wise).

If a 9 or 10 double is about the same length as a 5 single, do it.

If a 22 double is about the same length as a 12 single, do it.

One would think a 17 or 18 double would be about the same as a 10 single, do it.

One would think a 15 or 16 double would be about the same as an 8 single, do it.

Just my $0.02

-bp

Edited by burntpowder
  • Like 1

A 25 would be convient, provided it isnt too much larger than a current 12. One box of shells per mag.

I could see that being fun at the range, and certainly practical for competition. I might want one, just for shits and giggles.

Mike, this looks really exciting!

I like the idea of double stacks in 5 and 8 single stack lengths. Also, as a lover of your 20 round drums (I bought 6 to keep on the boat for defense when we go to FLA and Caribbean waters), I'd really love to see 25 round double stacks. More compact storage for the same quantity of ammo, and fewer mag changes.

Just thinking out loud here...........make whatever sizes everyone seems to be used to (length-wise).

If a 9 or 10 double is about the same length as a 5 single, do it.

If a 22 double is about the same length as a 12 single, do it.

One would think a 17 or 18 double would be about the same as a 10 single, do it.

One would think a 15 or 16 double the same as an 8 single, do it.

Just my $0.02

-bp

+2 on that.

Common sizes to what is currently available, just stuff into them whatever will fit.

Edit; BTW......fuckin aye Mike.... fuckin aye....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0Iu2CAwQaU

Edited by Mullet Man

Whatever capacities you release them in, I will be thrilled to give them hell and make people aware of how reliable and durable they are. This is very exciting. I hope the V12 version is not far behind.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 3

As already mentioned I think there is wisdom in staying within reasonable/familiar lengths.

An 8-10 round double in the length of a factory 5 and a 15'ish round double in the length of a factory 8 sound good.

I see you are using a bullpup stock and the 8 rounder seems okay.

Maybe a really short 5-6 round mag would be useful?

I haven't looked at the M26 for a while, but early on it used Saiga mags.

You might look into that niche for a place to market a very low profile magazine. I could see where keeping capacity around 5-6 rounds but very short would be helpful.

Looking forward to these being for sale.

Gould

As already mentioned I think there is wisdom in staying within reasonable/familiar lengths.

An 8-10 round double in the length of a factory 5 and a 15'ish round double in the length of a factory 8 sound good.

I see you are using a bullpup stock and the 8 rounder seems okay.

Maybe a really short 5-6 round mag would be useful?

I haven't looked at the M26 for a while, but early on it used Saiga mags.

You might look into that niche for a place to market a very low profile magazine. I could see where keeping capacity around 5-6 rounds but very short would be helpful.

Looking forward to these being for sale.

Gould

A double stack below 8 round capacity is a waste of effort.  You could just use a single stack 5 or cut down an SGM to 4 or 3, or use a factory 2.

I would say that 10, 16, and 24 would be great.  A 30 would be nice just because 30 is a "standard" AK mag.  People always like to say that 30 is impractical, but the way I see it 30 would br great from a defensive point of view which is a primary use of 12 ga. 

For those that want an 8 rd mag they can just load less in the 10rd mags, it really isn't that much longer than an 8rd since they are double stack.  I think the 30rd mags would sell very well because, 30 is better than 20!

THIS IS VERY EXCITING!!!!!!