Double Stack Pics

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are some pics of double stack mags. The exterior is currently a blank slate and not representative. Shown is an 8rd and 22rd mag. For length and width comparison there is a pic of the 8 next

The 22rd would be just over a pound I think it was vs a 2 pound md-20 or 2 pound 6 ounce (roughly) promag drum. Any capacity we release will be able to feed any mix of 2 3/4 and 3" ammo. With the ma

We definitely plan to do a Vepr mag. I've been playing with the follower design already. Also a magwell made for doubke stack mags woul still accept all other mags. The front to back dimension is t

Posted Images

In my limited experience, transparent polymers are never quite as durable as the opaque varieties. They seem to have a tendency to be brittle.

The smoked lancer ar15 mags are much more playable than other polymers. It's all possible. You can have a clear hardy polymer. It's harder to make polymer with no dye because anything you add to the mix actually thins down the polymer to put it simply. Clear polymers react faster and more violently. But if they are engineered correctly you can get just about anything you want from polymers.

In my limited experience, transparent polymers are never quite as durable as the opaque varieties. They seem to have a tendency to be brittle.

The smoked lancer ar15 mags are much more playable than other polymers. It's all possible. You can have a clear hardy polymer. It's harder to make polymer with no dye because anything you add to the mix actually thins down the polymer to put it simply. Clear polymers react faster and more violently. But if they are engineered correctly you can get just about anything you want from polymers.

Factory HKG36 mags are pretty stout...never had issues with any of mine even when they are clipped together. Transparent can be done correctly.

• Like 1

My CSS steel single stack is all I really need to be practical. That said I don't believe you sold MD-20 drum mags to people who are thinking practical, there big, heavy, and kinda awkward, but who gives a shit there cool as fuck! That's why I have one, that and your based in Ohio and I like to support small businesses in my state.

My vote is 25 rounds I LOVE that idea load a box of shells throw the box away no loose shells. same reason I picked up 2 20rnd ak mags (think the guy at the show called them tanker mags IDK) I ended up paying $5 more for them then a 30rnd mags but I use them way more so I'm ok with that.

If you made 25 round mags I can almost promise you I'd buy one, and maybe pick up a smaller capacity for shits n giggles (depending on the price tag). Shy of 25 rounds I doubt I'd buy any Due to the fact no stick mag, DS or not, is cooler looking then that big bad ass drum. But again you give me the convenience of loading a full box of shells, please take my money

That said Judging from this post the bigger market is people who are interested in a smaller DS mag that is close to what they are already comfortable with, but even they might break down and buy a 25rounder as a guilty pleasure

Edited by Gzus Kryst
  • Like 1

I am probably biased..... Ok more likely I am strongly biased.. But here goes.

They are almost twice the width of Russian 8rd or my steel mags, which will make getting pouches interesting.. And I doubt they will fit in pants pockets comfortably, if you wear normal man pants (not skinny jeans) a Russian or steel saiga mag will fit in your back pocket fairly comfortably.. I doubt I'm the only one who values being able to pocket carry a magazine..

And yes the double stacks are about 3" shorter in the 8 round configuration, but unless your going prone the extra length is not really likely to hit anything. 

My opinion is that the double stack only really shines in capacities over 10 rounds.

• Like 4

My opinion is that the double stack only really shines in capacities over 10 rounds.

I completely agree. The market seems well supplied with plenty of options in that size of mag. I really hope we don't end up with like 6 round "poodle's nut sack" DS mags.

• Like 2

maybe, but let's get some evil black ones on the market and worry about pretty colored ones, and ridiculously long comp-shooters-only ones later.

The entire mag doesnt need to be transparent just the back...just enough to check round count from a shooting position. A window would serve that purpose too...

Edited by sccritterkiller

I completely agree. The market seems well supplied with plenty of options in that size of mag. I really hope we don't end up with like 6 round "poodle's nut sack" DS mags.

Agree, I wouldn't buy 8 round DS.  5 round mags look to short anyway, I need something to compliment the size of my manhood.

Agree, I wouldn't buy 8 round DS.  5 round mags look to short anyway, I need something to compliment the size of my manhood.

SGM has you covered.

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-12-gauge-2-round-magazine-sgm-tactical-surefire-p-437.html

• Like 2

SGM has you covered.

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-12-gauge-2-round-magazine-sgm-tactical-surefire-p-437.html

For the assist...

post-19600-0-29671700-1404019489_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

We definitely plan to do a Vepr mag. Speaking of vepr drums... We have another patent in the works... Nice and tight and super capacity. How does a 33rd drum the size of a 20rd drum that operates the lrbho sound?

I think I just pissed myself

Mine was the other stuffexciting.gifgrimace.gifhorror.gif

My clock on the "Is MD even reading this?" question expires in 48 hours. I've had technical problems in the past communicating with MD, but none of that had anything to do with this forum.

I'm honestly hoping for a response!

So.... Is Mike even reading this thread?

Every opinion under the sun has been expressed. What is MD thinking about providing?

I think he gave the initial size in the original post

I'm still going to post, literally as often as possible, until we hear back from MD.

Cobra or csspsecs would be in on this like stink on my nuts if this was their deal. I haven't been shy about saying I have $1k of MD drums.... If Mike doesn't turn up soon then I don't want/need DS mags.

• Like 1

Every opinion under the sun has been expressed. What is MD thinking about providing?

I would bet he isn't... That's one thing I admit I find aggravating about the dude, he comes back on the site after going underground, drops the bomb about the double stack mags getting close to reality, then goes underground again!

His next post will probably be when he rolls them out to sell, and we will be in an info blackout until then....016.gif 

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 3

I suppose you can come and go as you please when you are making the product. I have been pursuing a S12K build....and now...dreams have been realized....side folder compatibility.....just perfect.....don't care how long they take to come out since I've been wetting the bed over them for long enough. Still a 12 and a 22.....maybe with LRBHO features......

Edited by Azkamidaka

A ten round mag about an inch longer than the factory five sounds perfect. I would get a few of those for sure. If you do a 25-30 round mag ill get atleast one regardless of length. I would rather not have the smoked back though, especially if that would keep the price down.

I would bet he isn't... That's one thing I admit I find aggravating about the dude, he comes back on the site after going underground, drops the bomb about the double stack mags getting close to reality, then goes underground again!

His next post will probably be when he rolls them out to sell, and we will be in an info blackout until then....016.gif

Mike knows that he can't design his stuff by committee.  He is smart to ignore all of the crap on message boards.

Mike knows that he can't design his stuff by committee.  He is smart to ignore all of the crap on message boards.

HE ASKED US!!! THIS IS HIS THREAD!

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 2

Maybe the longer he's gone, the quicker the mags will come out.........

That's Pauly's production theory anywayhaha.gif

• Like 2

HE ASKED US!!! THIS IS HIS THREAD!

Ha ha, you're right!

He is smarter than I thought...

My vote is for the convenient lengths of the 5-8 round mags. The ten round mags are pushing the too long envelope for maneuverability, and I don't and wouldn't own any 12 round sticks, but I do have a few drums for the SHTF event, and will consider myself lucky to empty the drum.

Edited by AK-uzr