Double Stack Pics

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are some pics of double stack mags. The exterior is currently a blank slate and not representative. Shown is an 8rd and 22rd mag. For length and width comparison there is a pic of the 8 next

The 22rd would be just over a pound I think it was vs a 2 pound md-20 or 2 pound 6 ounce (roughly) promag drum. Any capacity we release will be able to feed any mix of 2 3/4 and 3" ammo. With the ma

We definitely plan to do a Vepr mag. I've been playing with the follower design already. Also a magwell made for doubke stack mags woul still accept all other mags. The front to back dimension is t

Posted Images

One word.......vepr please

Lmfao

12 and 22+. The whole point of double stacking is more rounds. If ultimate handling is someone's goal, single stacks are fine. Even if u could magically fit 30rds in the length of a single 5, those same people will bitch about the weight. I say "let the big dog eat!"

• Like 1

8 or 10 round and 20 round.  This covers pretty much all needs from the basic home defense/recreational shooter to the competition arena.  Get any shorter than 10 rounds and I would think the magazine would be a little bit harder to control as it is so much shorter.

Good job!!!!!!!

Jack

Edited by JTE

Your gonna loose several rounds with a magwell model, right off the bat. The gains would be minimal on the lower round mags, as mike said. The largest model would make the most sense for the vepr 12. Yep I'd be forced to buy some of those if they came available too.

20 rd.  I think length wise, the single stack 12 rounders are just a little too long for my preference.  So anything closer to the length of a single stack 10 would be ideal.  But I really can't argue with 22 rounds, that would most likely trump any length concerns I have. Also, Vepr 12!!!

• Like 1

Upon the appearance of a dazzling purple unicorn, sparkling in the mist, as beams of light break through the clouds like beacons announcing its arrival. The onlookers cast there gaze and retort "we demand a rainbow striped unicorn!" "Purple will just not do!"

• Like 2

8 or 10 round and 20 round.  This covers pretty much all needs from the basic home defense/recreational shooter to the competition arena.  Get any shorter than 10 rounds and I would think the magazine would be a little bit harder to control as it is so much shorter.

Good job!!!!!!!

Jack

One of the points I was making in an earlier post is that an 8rd doesn't make much sense as it would be an inch shorter than the 10, so if weight is a concern, just load 8 in your 10rd mag.  8rd mags have their place in single stack mags because they are significantly shorter than the 10rd mags, but this is not the case with doublestacks.

2c.gif

• Like 1

Upon the appearance of a dazzling purple unicorn, sparkling in the mist, as beams of light break through the clouds like beacons announcing its arrival. The onlookers cast there gaze and retort "we demand a rainbow striped unicorn!" "Purple will just not do!"

when he started the double stacks I don't think the vepr12 was even in America. Now it's very popular and I forsee it being more popular than the saiga in the future. That being said I may look at buying a saiga12 so I can have rock and lock mags. But it's hard to pay what they are bringing when a vepr12 is so cheap right now. Edited by Ak Monty
  • Like 1

If you don't want a vepr 12 specific mag (taller feed tower on mag) and instead want to modify you vepr to fit DS mags only(with a custom wide magwell) then you should have no issues with simply grinding the lugs off the rocn lock DS. Because at that point you will have a DS magwell gun only. As factory mags or (unicorn poop) lol sgm 25rd drums will no longer be an option. Therefore no design changes need to made by mike to the DS. They will simply be modded by the same person willing to build there gun around (1) mag style.

I think the vepr12 is hot shit too! Against my strong saiga loyalty) but I understand the design constraints and limitations of those options. Some people want a ford-Chevy-dodge.

when he started the double stacks I don't think the vepr12 was even in America. Now it's very popular and I forsee it being more popular than the saiga in the future. That being said I may look at buying a saiga12 so I can have rock and lock mags. But it's hard to pay what they are bringing when a vepr12 is so cheap right now.
Evl has a mod to rock lock in vepr.

I see an 8 rounder so people in CO and the east can get them and something a big as 22 that can be cut down like the SGMs so we can have the lengths everyone else wants. I would be happy with 8 and 16.

It's was get "high" vs "high cap," they chose. Fuck em. Lmao

We definitely plan to do a Vepr mag. I've been playing with the follower design already. Also a magwell made for doubke stack mags woul still accept all other mags. The front to back dimension is the critical one and not the side to side. The side is mostly determined by the shelf on the mags that meet the bottom of the receiver like on non magwell guns. On the side to side area of a widened magwell there will still be a little single stack width area in the rear of it as well though. Speaking of vepr drums... We have another patent in the works... Nice and tight and super capacity. How does a 33rd drum the size of a 20rd drum that operates the lrbho sound? Yes, it's as badass as it sounds... I think about posting a picture of one.

I will get some questions here answered soon. I have a busy day today.

I forgot to mention the new drum is 2 3/4 and 3" compatible...

• Like 8

We definitely plan to do a Vepr mag. I've been playing with the follower design already. Also a magwell made for doubke stack mags woul still accept all other mags. The front to back dimension is the critical one and not the side to side. The side is mostly determined by the shelf on the mags that meet the bottom of the receiver like on non magwell guns. On the side to side area of a widened magwell there will still be a little single stack width area in the rear of it as well though. Speaking of vepr drums... We have another patent in the works... Nice and tight and super capacity. How does a 33rd drum the size of a 20rd drum that operates the lrbho sound? Yes, it's as badass as it sounds... I think about posting a picture of one. I will get some questions here answered soon. I have a busy day today.I forgot to mention the new drum is 2 3/4 and 3" compatible...

Looking at your DS mag, what your saying is the single stack section in the rear is long enough to let a magwell extend down in the rear enough to laterally stabilize the mag? If so, we'll done! This all seems to good to be true, but if any of these said products hit the shelf. I would be first in line for "(D)- all of the ablove" If there is a preorder or a list to sign up.

We definitely plan to do a Vepr mag. I've been playing with the follower design already. Also a magwell made for doubke stack mags woul still accept all other mags. The front to back dimension is the critical one and not the side to side. The side is mostly determined by the shelf on the mags that meet the bottom of the receiver like on non magwell guns. On the side to side area of a widened magwell there will still be a little single stack width area in the rear of it as well though. Speaking of vepr drums... We have another patent in the works... Nice and tight and super capacity. How does a 33rd drum the size of a 20rd drum that operates the lrbho sound? Yes, it's as badass as it sounds... I think about posting a picture of one.

Well, those sound like the last couple of things the market needs for the Vepr-12 to really blow up in demand. I know I want one now.

Even if it is a year or three before the drum hits the market - like your original drum and now the DS mags, patience gets you all the cool toys.

I think you just opened a can of worms twelve threads wide.

10, 15, 22 will get my buisiness.

Great to see new products coming. Looking forward to see them in stock and shipping within one to two business days.

I doubt most of us can appreciate the magnitude of bringing a project like this to reality.

Good to see you moving forward with it.

• Like 2

We definitely plan to do a Vepr mag. Speaking of vepr drums... We have another patent in the works... Nice and tight and super capacity. How does a 33rd drum the size of a 20rd drum that operates the lrbho sound?

I think I just pissed myself

I see an 8 rounder so people in CO and the east can get them and something a big as 22 that can be cut down like the SGMs so we can have the lengths everyone else wants. I would be happy with 8 and 16.

That could be acheived with a post welded to the follower to prevent it taking 10 rounds. But mostly I forsee him wanting his first couple runs to be a bunch of the same thing to recover costs before he gets fancy.

i.e. a bunch of reliable 10-12 rounders, and if the 22 rounders are equally reliable with all ammo, then those too. People would buy that just for the "countach factor."

I would.

Edited by GunFun