T48 hand guard for conversion

I did that one before G3 did his wood handguards to use with a wood thumbhole stock. Its OK, didn't look too bad, but I went to a metal stock and used the factory handguard anyway.

It may be possible to use a HK plastic handguard depending on how they are constrcted, a lot of plastic handguard are thin behind where they mount up front and wont hold up if you shorten them. I think I had to cut a little over an inch off when I did that one. So its one of those things you have to look it over to know.

What about this?

post-6-1122854325_thumb.jpg

Nice handguards 'BattleRifleG3', that makes another US part to your Saiga. How much are you asking for them? I wouldn't mind having one on my 7.62x39 Saiga. I prefer the full length hand guards on the Saigas to the AK style ones. They protect the hands better when the barrel is hot. My friend who uses a leather glove to shoot his Soviet AK because it gets too hot to handle, I don't have to do the same with my Saiga.

Edited by uzitiger