Happy Father's Day to all the Dads here today, and to those who can no longer be with us! Hope you get to spend some time today on a range somewhere with your Father or your son or daughter!

Post some pics to remember it by! Here's a couple of my Dad shooting one of my ARs. Was the first time he had fired one since shooting his M-16 in Viet Nam, early 60's... Yes he had a blast and it was great for me too! Gotta get some more with the S-12 and some AKs!

post-1293-0-23701600-1402845467_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-67190400-1402845490_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

One of my kids got me a four billion year old meteorite. Looks like something you need to shove into Optimus Prime's chest.

Too cool. Most of my meteorites are in their raw form. If your kids didn't tell you the full story, what you have there is a slice from an iron meteorite, that has been treated with acid to make the crystalline structure visible. Really nice gift!

I don't have any children that I'm aware of. My brothers and I are taking my father out for dinner tonight after he closes his shop.

• Like 3

Went shootin with my oldest son this morning.  Good times!

That's great! Now for another question, that's a pistol there. Um, anyway.... Uh, can you remove that photo to reduce attention to that kick ass system that somehow squeaked by? I dunno... :) None of my business. Anyway....

• Like 2

One of my kids got me a four billion year old meteorite. Looks like something you need to shove into Optimus Prime's chest.

Too cool. Most of my meteorites are in their raw form. If your kids didn't tell you the full story, what you have there is a slice from an iron meteorite, that has been treated with acid to make the crystalline structure visible. Really nice gift!

I don't have any children that I'm aware of. My brothers and I are taking my father out for dinner tonight after he closes his shop.

I did some research and it's part of the Gibeon Meteorite, prehistoric impact, discovered in 1836 in the Kalahari Desert in Namibia. Possible origins are the Moon, Mars, the meteor belt between Mars and Jupiter, or even Ganymede or Callisto.. The crystalline structure takes ten million years to form and therefore cannot be faked on Earth. Neat gift. I love my kids! You are correct--the surface was polished then acid etched. Gonna find a shadow box with a LED to emphasize the structure pattern. 

That's great! Now for another question, that's a pistol there. Um, anyway.... Uh, can you remove that photo to reduce attention to that kick ass system that somehow squeaked by? I dunno... smile.png None of my business. Anyway....

I think I'll pass.  Do you really think they don't know what's going on with them?haha.gif

Yep that definitely looks like the ol' "Cold Beer & Warm Gun S-12 Smile" there!  Love it!

Root beer, as it happens. I don't bring booze out to the range. He only started drinking a handful of years ago. He buys the cheapest tequila you can get in mexico in a 2 liter. It's like drinking mouthwash, which is pretty much how he uses it. He says it helps with indigestion and the other alimentary ailments common to Americans who live in Mexico part of the year. 

• Like 1

That's great! Now for another question, that's a pistol there. Um, anyway.... Uh, can you remove that photo to reduce attention to that kick ass system that somehow squeaked by? I dunno... smile.png None of my business. Anyway....

You do know those are not illegal right? The ATF put out a letter saying its fine so long as you dont alter the brace. You cant shorten it, lengthen it or out anything but your arm inside of it. You cannot give it a bigger surface area by putting wood or whatever else inside the brace. Otherwise its perfectly legit to shoulder it

• Like 1

You do know those are not illegal right? The ATF put out a letter saying its fine so long as you dont alter the brace. You cant shorten it, lengthen it or out anything but your arm inside of it. You cannot give it a bigger surface area by putting wood or whatever else inside the brace. Otherwise its perfectly legit to shoulder it

Looks a hell of a lot better and has to feel better than one of those stubby little pole braces.

He thinks I let the cat out of the bag.haha.gif

• Like 1