I was thinking this would make a great lawn ornament.........

...........but the price is WAY,  WAY over my budget,

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=422222918

oh well, looks as if I am going to have to stick with my pink flamingos and the ball on a pedestal.

pink_flamingos.JPG

BTW; if you don't get the connection of Pink Flamingos with polka music, you obviously didn't grow up in NE Ohio in the 60s watching Ghoulardi.   laugh.png

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Too Fat polka anyone laugh.png

sung by 2 great Clevelanders, Frankie Yankovic and Drew Carey laugh.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGEsi6y0Ib4&list=PLB96B7F55CBF170C6

I grew up just outside of Youngstown, in Trumble county, little town called Hubbard. Mostly Polocks, Greeks, and Italians, steel workers. I'll tell ya what, the food served at the local festivals was just out of this world.....wow. I do miss those festivals, the food, the music, the crazy, fun people.

• Like 1

I"d LOVE to have that at the bottom of my driveway, down by the road, BUT, have it with motion detectors that would activate the turret, left and right, and the gun, up and down, to aim on what is approaching. THAT would be fun as hell. But there again, it doesn't shoot, so the "fun" factor would be lost real quick, and the crack heads would steal it and sell it for scrap, BUT, if it shot, now that would keep the roaches away. :)

Buddy of mine had the pink flamingos in his yard.

His crazy neighbor took his 12G and went pink flamingo hunting at the crack of dawn one Sunday morning.

(probably just in from the bars)

Pink plastic everywhere.

haha.gif

The neighbor across the street from my parents when I was in high school had a replica cannon in their front yard. This was in a residential neighborhood with mostly 1/2 acre lots. I used to think they were completely insane (I was later proved right).

Now I would gladly put that in my front yard except someone would probably steal it for scrap metal!

I have a cannon in my front yard; wood and PVC pipe. Looks pretty good as you drive down the road. My wonderful bride bought it for me several years ago at a local fall festival. It goes well with my American flag, and the 1200 pound concrete elephant.

post-44169-0-13426300-1402998170_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

FWIW, I had an old fire department buddy who was on the USS Chester during the first half of the WW2 in the Pacific. He told us some old stories, including bomb and torp hits that shook the ship so bad that it could break your ankles.

He also claimed that if you were right behind the barrels of the 40mm "Pom Pom" gun you could sometimes see the actual shells going like bats out of hell. Now that would be cool. Yikes! Do not know if it is true or not. HB of CJ (old coot)

the town where I grew up (Bremerton WA) was and still is a major Navy installation. during WWII it was a very real target for the Japanese, and there were AA installations all over town, air raid sirens, etc.

there are still a handful of deactivated Bofors around town. used to play on them as kids. there are a few 5-inch gun installations in a city park, and I used to slide all the way to the muzzle and look down into the barrel, which for some reason wasn't capped.

M7Lfuhj.jpg

the town where I grew up (Bremerton WA) was and still is a major Navy installation. during WWII it was a very real target for the Japanese, and there were AA installations all over town, air raid sirens, etc.

there are still a handful of deactivated Bofors around town. used to play on them as kids. there are a few 5-inch gun installations in a city park, and I used to slide all the way to the muzzle and look down into the barrel, which for some reason wasn't capped.

Until earlier this year an M-41 was stationed at a local park. As far as I know the barrel wasn't capped either and the entire thing was LOADED with bees. You couldn't get within 10 feet of the thing most days.

post-33185-0-81307900-1403533243.jpg

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1

I'm still looking for a set of these;

attachicon.gif375952_10151248581856340_404810126_n.jpg

I don't know how much you're willing to pull the trigger; $$$$$$$$$$$, but for something like that;  a life size statue, you would have to  contact a business that makes  custom molds,  like the link below,  and see if they can make a mold of it,  then you can pour the concrete in it where you would want it on your property.

I don't believe it's going to be cheap or within reason, but I could be wrong. only way to know is to contact companies that make custom statue mold and see for yourself.

http://www.distinctivemolds.com/product_ideas.htm

Edited by Matthew Hopkins