I have a 2011 Saiga 12.  I bought a new MD 20 from Mississippi Auto Arms.  The drum fits well after filing with no rattle and I haven't adjusted the spring tension.  It loads and cycles low brass well.  But with the Winchester Super X High Brass, pictured below, after I put the drum into the gun and let the bolt move forward to load the round it fails to load, it gets stuck on the round and the round fails to move out of the magazine.  I tried these high brass rounds with my factory mag and 10 round mag and they load fine.  I emailed MD Arms last Friday but haven't received a response yet.  I called Mississippi Auto Arms and they suggested that some rounds are a bit longer than 2 3/4 which could cause a problem.

IMG_20140612_183923.jpg

That's why item number, and the other numbers on the box are critical. Really the thing you need to look at is the overall length. 2 3/4" is a designation of a set of pressure characteristics with the longest an unfired hull can be. Ditto for 3"... It does not mean that all shells which comply with SAAMI 2 3/4" standards or the European equivalent will have the same length as crimped. 

For the record, I had the same question he came back with after reviewing the spreadsheet. All I found was this:

post-33185-0-88417100-1403066779_thumb.jpg

I may be too goofy in the head to navigate what looks like a simple spreadsheet, but I don't see items numbers and stuff in that chart. What I read makes me think his ammo should be just fine unless #5 is somehow different than the other birdshot in the chart.

Still haven't heard back from MD Arms after almost a week.  Tried loading a different high brass round without firing (Super X 12 Gauge Buckshot picture below).  Although they seem to load better I was still having the same issues on some rounds.  Also noticed a problem with the back plate, it's not fitting flush on the drum body in the upper right, caused a round to get stuck inside the drum in between the cover plate and drum body.  Any suggestions on how to fixed this or should I send it back?  Have some other high brass rounds I was going to test but was going to wait until I resolve the back plate issue.

IMG_20140619_141717.jpg

IMG_20140619_144428.jpg

Edited by montero1421