Threading a Vepr 308 from LegionUSA

I bought a Vepr 308 from Legion recently.Working on 922r, waiting for parts to come in, and funds to build back up.
The reason for this post is to get your opinions on how to go about threading this barrel.

This is how it came:
IMAG0032.jpg
IMAG0033.jpg
This is what it looks like under the cap:
IMAG0136.jpg
IMAG0138.jpg

With my pair of cheap micrometers, I get .525 for the depth, and .612 for the diameter.

The end goal is to attach a 5/8-24 Linear Compensator. From what I have read, 5/8-24 minimum recommended major diameter is .616. Is threading my barrel in 5/8-24 asking for trouble? The sight post has no detent pin, and I would prefer to not use an adapter from 14x1LH. That thread would also require turning down the barrel, which doesn't excite me. Any comments/ideas?

Edited by TigerFire13

Hmm... The question then becomes who in NW Iowa can do this? Not much for gunsmiths this way, sadly... I don't think I'm up for this level of DIY, nor do I wish to ship my rifle somewhere. But if that is the only reasonable option, I may just have to deal with it.