Is It a Good Time to Buy a Vepr?

I don't know how the market of Vepr and Saigas has been in previous years so I don't have a point of reference to compare prices to. I have a few questions:

I found a vepr for $799, is that a good price?

What is the cheapest price you've found for one currently?

Could the price possibly go lower as we get further away from "scare" prices?

Everything is relative. I pre-paid damn near twice that much for a 030 that never hit our shores. Then, I waited two years to get paid back.

I can't see them getting much cheaper than $799. But, that's been said before as well.

Could the price possibly go lower as we get further away from "scare" prices?

you're joking right? this is a mid-term election year, and just like fricken election year since the 90s, people panic buy as it gets closer to nov on mags, ammo, "evil guns",  that dries up the current  supply and prices go crazy up as there is less inventory out there.

yeah,  you can wait then when it gets up to 1500 bucks, then you'd wish you bought it at 799.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Everything is relative. I pre-paid damn near twice that much for a 030 that never hit our shores. Then, I waited two years to get paid back.

I can't see them getting much cheaper than $799. But, that's been said before as well.

Are there different models of the vepr 12 sold in the US?

The 030 is a saiga-12 version that is basically the same as the vepr-12. And there are at least two version of vepr-12, one has a factory folding stock that is welded open for import. And the other uses standard AK fixed stocks.

The firearms market is at something of a low, prices may dip slightly lower, but its about as close to the bottom as your likely to see. It may be better to get one than to wait out the last $50 price drop.

Much lower and they are not going to be profitable to import.

• Like 1

When the Vepr 12 hit 799, I still couldn't fit it in my budget, but I got it anyways and managed to get by.

Get it and get it now. Once you have it in your hands, you wont regret it.

this was me

was there ever a bad time to buy a vepr ?

You are asking on a vepr form do you think you are going to get a no wait and it might drop to 775

Like I've mentioned before I don't know what to compare this price to. I've only been into firearms for 3 years, the first 1 & 1/2 years I didn't know Saigas/Veprs existed and the rest of the time has been after the shootings. So I really don't know the market besides people asking $1200+ for them.

Here is my take on your situation: Vepr 12 prices could go up or down, but they could probably go up a lot more and a lot faster than they could go down. And if we see another panic, you may not be able to buy one at any price. On the other hand, could the price go down by $50 or maybe even $100? If so, how long are you willing to wait to see if it will, and won't you get $50-$100 of enjoyment out of buying it now? Of course you will! I paid almost twice the current price for mine during the last panick. I did that because I traded my Saiga 12 for an EBR, I really wanted another Russian shotgun, and even at the high price it still was only a few hundred more than my Saiga after the cost of my add-ons. So now, two years later I feel great about my Vepr 12. In fact I brought it with me this weekend to get in a little "Vepr time!" If you decide to "pull the trigger" (ha, see what I did there: a little gun pun) on buying your Vepr, let us know how you like it!!!

• 3 weeks later...