Promag 10 rd drum - can it be modified to take 12 rounds?

Hi guys,

I have always kind of wanted to get a 12 round "nutsack" drum for my S-12. Saw one on sale at Cabela's and picked it up. Long story short: after I've appropriated it and threw away the packaging and receipt, I discovered that it's actually a 10 round drum! I had not idea that they made these! Any way, I've now picked up a 12 rounder at an LGS and instantly noticed that it's EXACTLY the same size as the 10 rounder. WTF is the point of 10 rounders, anyhow?!? Legality in some states? So, the question is, since they are the same size, might it be possible to mod the 10 rounder to take the extra two rounds? Thanks!

cut off the existing feed tower, and putting  a slightly longer feed tower on it, using a cut down S12 mag as the new tower,  that is doable,   the problem I see with that,  is that the spacer  shell still might not push up the last shell up to the feed lips.

be easier to sell it off if you don't want it.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

cut off the existing feed tower, and putting  a slightly longer feed tower on it, using a cut down S12 mag as the new tower,  that is doable,   the problem I see with that,  is that the spacer  shell still might not push up the last shell up to the feed lips.

Thanks. WTS add posted. :)

But the 10 and 12 both have the same size feed tower, so the 10 must be restricted internal

But the 10 and 12 both have the same size feed tower, so the 10 must be restricted internal

not necessarily, it very well could be that the spacing for the shells "cradles"  on the  inner is slightly further apart.   it wouldn't have to be a tremendous  amount of spacing, just a small bit that would be enough to limit it to 2 less shell

Edited by Matthew Hopkins