Created an account here just to post this.

Picked up my new R&R targets Saiga today from the FFL. While I'm not pleased with how my FFL handled the situation, the shot gun is another story.

Looks great and balances very nicely. I did notice the comp seems smaller than others I have seen, is this a new design? The ar style safety needs some wearing in as it's very stiff right out of the box.

One more question, are the mags meant to drop free, cause mine don't unless I shake he gun pretty good.

Can't wait to go shoot it tomorrow.

post-49518-0-71941700-1403828511_thumb.jpg

post-49518-0-06923300-1403828526_thumb.jpg

post-49518-0-91553700-1403828539_thumb.jpg

post-49518-0-39754100-1403828555_thumb.jpg

Edited by ryutheblade
  • Like 2

Congrats on your new gun. There is a new single comp design but yours has the double comp which has not changed as far as I know. The magwell is canted slightly forward so the mags will not drop free until you tilt the gun nose down 20 to 30 degrees. I only run Winchester AA Super Sport 1oz shells that are listed at 1350 FPS and Fiocchi 7/8 oz Aeroslugs. Let us know how your new gun runs.

Doug

• Like 1

Congrats on your new gun. There is a new single comp design but yours has the double comp which has not changed as far as I know. The magwell is canted slightly forward so the mags will not drop free until you tilt the gun nose down 20 to 30 degrees. I only run Winchester AA Super Sport 1oz shells that are listed at 1350 FPS and Fiocchi 7/8 oz Aeroslugs. Let us know how your new gun runs.

Doug

Thanks for the info on the mags, I'll have to practice getting used to that.

The AA super sports were the only thing I ran in my old 930, so I'll keep using those. I've got a case of aeroslugs on order but only had Remington sluggers on hand.

The gun ran great on slugs, unfortunately the range I went to didn't allow the use of bird or buckshot. I did notice the POI of the slugs were significantly low and the the right at 50 yards(the only bays they allowed shotguns at) but I didn't want to mess with the dot as I am under the assumption it's already zeroed for birdshot.

Also, I'm certain I didn't pay any extra for that fancy r and r stock, unless it's a standard feature now.

Edited by ryutheblade

I would zero the gun with slugs and then check where it hits with birdshot, that works the best for me.  I normally zero at 75 yards which makes it easy to hit 100 yard shots and doesn't put it too far off at 25 and 50.

Doug

Guess that means I shouldn't take it out to that match tomorrow?

Eh heck, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the shotgun before. Won't be much different if I can't tomorrow, just louder.

I'd take it out to the match and realize that it will not be optimum with slugs but most matches don't do many slugs anyway.  You need to get a bunch of rounds down the tube to break it in and get comfortable shooting it.  Have fun, that's why we do this in the first place.

Doug

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

After several months of trial and error I now know I need to give in and re zero the gun. Doesn't seem to be on at any distance with any ammo.

I'm gunna chalk it up to getting banged around during shipment.

Did you zero with slugs first?  I zero with my preferred slug load and then check all the chokes at 15 and 25 yards to see what the pattern does.

Doug

I've got it all dialed in now, so no harm done.

I do have one question though. I made the mistake of not ordering a full choke with my gun, which isn't really a problem for three gun matches but for one of the local shotgun only matches I frequent likes to use a very oversized spinner (its about 10 feet tall) and its too much for my modified choke to handle effectively.

Not that I don't love Robert's products, but I'd rather not have to call and mail a money order for one choke. Tru-lock doesn't list the R&R specific chokes on their website, which model of Remington choke should I order from them?

I've got it all dialed in now, so no harm done.

I do have one question though. I made the mistake of not ordering a full choke with my gun, which isn't really a problem for three gun matches but for one of the local shotgun only matches I frequent likes to use a very oversized spinner (its about 10 feet tall) and its too much for my modified choke to handle effectively.

Not that I don't love Robert's products, but I'd rather not have to call and mail a money order for one choke. Tru-lock doesn't list the R&R specific chokes on their website, which model of Remington choke should I order from them?

Robert threads his barrels for Remington chokes.