Finally bought a dud Saiga 5.45 that was rear converted by CIA

Bought from Cheaper than Dirt new and is my fifth Saiga. Bolt would hang up about 1/4" from closing. I deburred all moving part and no change. Finally took to local gun smith and no go gauge hangs up. I called Century and they have sent me a UPS pick up return label. Century seems more than willing to resolve this issue. Rifle is still at gun smith so it will take a few days to get this shipped.

I'll post developments here.

Of all the retailers CTD is the one fuckheads that stick in my mind for fucking us during the panic.  I'm sure others are guilty as well.  But, when I heard on the news that CTD had pulled skeery black guns from sales I said fuck them forever.  

Good luck with your gun.  I hope it works out for you.

Get a new gunsmith

He shouldn't have to pay a gunsmith to work on a new rifle.

It's good to hear that Century is willing to take it back.

A gunsmith shouldn't say "It doesn't close on the no-go gauge" as being a bad thing.

• Like 1

Of all the retailers CTD is the one fuckheads that stick in my mind for fucking us during the panic.  

they didn't fuck me. know why? because I buy it cheap when everybody else is complacent and oblivious to what has happened in the past, they rather be stumbling along glued to the phone texting, tweeking twerking or whatever fuck these phones do now

I'm not one of those people that panic buy because for months and sometimes years I don't  go bumping along saying to myself, "politicians will never talk about or introducing anti-gun bills so I'm not worrying about it, the last one was just  a "fluke'". then all of a sudden bills are introduced and people go into frenzy buying mode, paying in some cases two to three times as much as it was just a few months ago. 

I call panic buying prices the "stupid tax". only a stupid person would pay that kind of money when just a few short months ago they could have bought the same thing cheaper.

right now, this very instant is the best time to buy what you want, guns, ammo, mags etc... because prices are down due to sales slump and you can pick up some nice deals. but do you think people will take advantage of it? nooooooooooooooooooooo, they much rather wait till sept- oct so they can pay the "stupid tax".  remember boys and girls, this is mid term election, and as history as shown us over the past 5 or 6 elections people start to panic buy  sometimes for no other reason because it's a election, and that sets of a frenzy for others not to "miss" out. and what does that cause, supply goes down prices go up.

my motto has always been; buy it cheap stack it deep.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 3

Thank you, Matthew. I really enjoyed that post, especially the tweeking twerking part.

thanks, I just had to say something when Big John said that CTD fucked us during the panic. my view is that  people fuck themselves,  if they  wanted something but didn't buy it when supply and prices are good, why do they wait until something happens and the prices skyrocket then buy it? makes no sense to me.

but you know that the  really kicker is , they will come on a gun forum and bitch and moan and groan put up angry emoticon faces,   about the "gouging" price they paid or can't afford to buy it now, and then everybody jumps on the band wagon attacking the company.

why is that no one says to these people, "hey, dumbass you had 2 years to buy that when the supply was ample and  prices was reasonable or cheap.   why in the fuck did you wait when the price is 3 times+ more?  and now you come on crying like your tampon is stuck and  saying how fucked up that is and everybody throws a pity party for you"

I'm going to let you on something I am buying, because the price is good. the IO PPS-43 in 9mm. not that I need it, but for that price 299 from TIGER IMPORTS it's a good deal. I can shoot it and when the time comes that all my 7.62x25 ammo is shot up, my SBR'd x25 PPS-43 will be a wall hanger. so when the time does  comes, I'll just swap out barrels and if I need to use the trigger group as a spare it will be there, there is a company selling those same trigger groups for 100 bucks by themselves and I was thinking about buying a spare, but with a complete 9mm PPS-43 I will get get the barrel, and have a spare semi-auto bolt  and trigger group. think ahead my friend

nice thing about that, is I will still be able to  use my PPS 43 drum and use my PPS 43  stripper clip loader and stripper clips for the stick mags

• Like 2

I think John's point was that CTD REFUSED to sell "scary" stuff, just like Dick's did. In fact that's exactly what he said...

Your point is valid, Matthew. Just not applicable in this exact conversation.

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1

Are you riding the charging handle, or letting it fly? They can hang up slightly before the go all the way into battery if you ride them. But yeah, get a new smith for future shit.

Unlike many other guns, you cant baby an ak.  Let that fucker fly.

• Like 1

Are you riding the charging handle, or letting it fly? They can hang up slightly before the go all the way into battery if you ride them. But yeah, get a new smith for future shit.

Unlike many other guns, you cant baby an ak.  Let that fucker fly.

True, but you'd be surprised what people do. Lol.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure CTD is reviled for doing shit such as cancelling existing orders as "out of stock" and re-listing the same items at 4-5x previous pricing. Many people complained of them doing this immediately after Sandy Hook.That's bordering on fraud.

• Like 3

Haven't seen many Sagas that didn't stick close to bolt closing if you "rode" it back. As they are saying, pull I back and let it fly. Should lock right into place.

Mine does and my AK rifle (not Saiga) will too. I don't understand the idea of riding the bolt/slide anyhow. When it fires the gun is designed to slam home by the weight of that spring. Oddly its one of the concepts that new shooters seem to struggle with from those few I've taught. The average person will slam the shit out of a car door that isn't designed for it (a pet peeve of mine) but pampers a gun that you could dig a ditch with.

• Like 4

My pap pistol is exactly the same way. If you ride the charging handle home it'll hang up. I never noticed until i let a buddy shoot it and he very carefully racked it and it stopped short. I said no no not like that and told him to pull it back hard n let go. Not a problem out of it yet (that a hammer didnt fix...lol)

CTD can suck my salty balls.

They were cool years ago. Then they tried to cash in on loyal customers. They freaked out and thought it would be the end of all kick ass online sales of firearms and supplies.

They did not fight with us. They stood against us and inflated prices, delayed orders, held back and watched trends.

Fuck them. If you deal with CTD, you are either fucking dumb or uninformed.

Did I say FUCK CTD?

• Like 1

CTD can suck my salty balls.

They were cool years ago. Then they tried to cash in on loyal customers. They freaked out and thought it would be the end of all kick ass online sales of firearms and supplies.

They did not fight with us. They stood against us and inflated prices, delayed orders, held back and watched trends.

Fuck them. If you deal with CTD, you are either fucking dumb or uninformed.

Did I say FUCK CTD?

Say it again .....FUCK CTD and Matthew Hopkins opinionssuper_man.gif

FUCK Matthew Hopkins opinions

not opinion, but the truth. I have seen it happen every time a "panic buy" happens. do you recall sandy hook?  people were running around  like chicken with their heads cut off looking to buy a AR. AK any "evil looking gun", mags, ammo etc.....  and when they did find them they were astronomically priced, for the last year or so  you could have gotten a AR mag for 15 bucks, AR for 1K and less.  but those people didn't buy it at that price. no, they waited so they could pay the  "stupid tax" because they were lolly gagging alone, fat,  dumb and happy.

guarantee, you'll see the same exact thing happen again this fall. like every national  election year

right now this is the best time to buy what you want, guns, ammo, mags, because there's a sales slump and there are  deals out there.

• Like 2

Matthew is right on the mark about panic buying. He's a blunt guy but that doesn't make him wrong or deserve to be insulted. Past that, he recently posted up a good deal on a nice piece that just about anyone can afford at a currently non-panic price. If more people were posting up awesome deals when they come around (lots of guys already do) we wouldn't even HAVE a panic situation next time. Our safes would already be full.

I don't see anything wrong with the advice he's laying out. I got caught with my pants down last time and have learned my lesson as much as my bank account will allow.

Hopefully the OP gets his gun sorted out now that we've completely run this topic off of the rails, through a small town, and off of a cliff.

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1