Axis pin retainer

I'll skip the soap opera and drama back story of how I'm in my predicament......

I got my converted (not painted) S12 back from the shop in a pile of parts.

Here it is somewhat assembled to make it look somewhat like a gun again

FRKvncn.jpg

I'm having a little trouble with the FCG

I can't figure out how to properly put the axis retaining spring back....Is this even the spring that goes in there?

It looks nothing like the others that go in there.

MQv8amX.jpg

Can someone draw a diagram of the path if this is the proper spring?

I find nothing helpful on youtube

my strong advice, get the axis  pin retaining  plate, it doesn't cost much and it will save you from frustration, swearing, scrapped  knuckles,    it will make it so much easier. I just wish life was as easy  like the retainer plate. but,  then we wouldn't nothing to bitch and moan about, now would we? laugh.png

akk-1120_870_general.jpg

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

my strong advice, get the axis  pin retaining  plate, it doesn't cost much and it will save you from frustration, swearing, scrapped  knuckles,    it will make it so much easier. I just wish life was as easy  like the retainer plate. but,  then we wouldn't nothing to bitch and moan about, now would we? laugh.png

akk-1120_870_general.jpg

^^^^^^I have them in my Saiga's and never had problem with them.

The plates are easier for most folks.

AMEN

akk-1120_870_general.jpg

Not like I need another reason to swear

I'm ordering one right now

akk-1120_870_general.jpg

Funny thing, I had installed one of these retaining plates in my S 12 when I converted it. Sent the gun to JT Engineering for their "reliability service" and when the gun came home the plate was in a baggie with some other spare parts and Jack had installed a shepherds crook spring instead. Gun runs flawless no so I won't be putting the plate back in.

UPDATE

I did get a plate from a member who had one laying around, but I figured out how this one goes....

S5BQUJC.jpg

It was a little hard to work in, but not bad as I put the hammer in first.

I will try the plate when gun gets back from CK