Saiga 12 winchoke adapter question

I want to buy a choke adapter so i can use winchokes on my saiga 12, I found the ones ak builder sells but I was also interested in the cobra winchoke adapters. Are they the same choke?

If its not the same, how do i order from Cobra? I see he has a facebook but i dont use facebook. And it says website under construction.

And the ak builder website says it accepts winchokes that are 1.5" long, do they mean just the part of the choke that screws in, because i would assume most chokes are about 3" long for the entire lenght of choke.

Do you guys know of any other choke adapters for the Saiga 12 that allow use of winchokes? I have a dead coyote choke that I plan on using.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by supermario

pm cobra here hes a good guy and WILL get back to you. i bought the one from ak builder. the faux flash hider. it works good but shoots loose, i bought it with the intentions of shortening my vepr12 and perm attach the choke adapter, i then rethought it and was thinking it wasnt worth it for a few inches, but after shooting it a bunch and it coming slightly loose i want to have it either locktighted on or pined so i may end up shortening it. 

winchokes are shorter other chokes will work but will not fit flush, i have an extended truglo rem choke xtrafull ported tube it works fine but extends about 2 inches beyond the end of the "flash hider"

• Like 1

The ones sold by AK-Builder are the same ones we used to carry but don't have any in stock. Like Ak Monte said they will take any chokes threaded for winchoke. The Carlson's chokes you can buy with them are flush fit but extended chokes will also work as long as they are for Winchokes, Mossberg, or Browning Invector. Remchokes have a different thread.

Monte put some loctite on the barrel threads and tighten it down good with your choke indexing where you want it. You should be GTG.

If Curtis is out of choke adapters I think DPH Arms also sells one that looks like the 10 slot Russian FH.

• Like 1

Exactly. 

Browning invector = winchoke. However invector plus is not winchoke. Other browning chokes are not winchoke. Make sure you are very thoroughly clear on the distinction before you buy. It is very easy to get them mixed up. Some mossberg chokes are winchoke thread, but I forget what the naming distinction.

I may well have gotten mixed up there. There are some websites with charts that help keep the nomenclature clear. If you are confident of your grasp of the types, you can typically get a bargain at a lot of old gun stores that sell used guns. They typically have bin somewhere behind the counter of orphaned chokes from trade ins. It isn't worth their bother to try and identify them all and chuck them on ebay, so they will usually sell for $2.50 each. So bring in your cobra/ak builder adapter (or DPH if that's what you get) and see if you can find any that match. The last time I tried, I didn't bring the adapter and came home with the wrong type of mossberg. 

• Like 1

Yes true I forgot to mention that. Also Winchester does not = Winchoke. First time I was going through the old chokes bin at my local gun shop he had a Winchester brand choke that has matching threads, but cut at a different depth that did not allow the muzzle to seat tight up against the choke tube. You don't want any space between the two.