new ar15 bigbore round. uses 308 cases as a parent and the cases are easily made ala 300blackout but its a .375 bullet pushing a 250 grain @ 2300FPS, you get 15 rounds in a normal ar15 mag. barrel and bolt change is all thats needed. barrels bolts dies and complete billet uppers will be for sale very soon 

search whiskey3precisionsystems for more info, ill try to post a cut and paste photo later

Or you can choose to go with the 300 OSSMpost-16872-0-01785000-1404328195.jpg with AR15 uppers and full rifles readily available.. The balistics exceed 30-06 and are closer to a 300 win mag ..here is a link to there website and factory ammo is readily available for purchase.. http://www.olyarms.com/shop/rifles/gamestalker/ossm.html ...And here is a youtube video on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSVUta4MJI0 .   I am kinda lookin into this but there is also the 6.5 Creedmore being fired from a 308 lower..That is a Saami round that you can purchase from hornady..

Seems to me that if they used a stock AR bolt, then hogged out the front bolt face to handle the much fatter parent .308 case rim diameter, then the bolt face would be overly weakened by having practically no face rim. What am I missing here?

Now...if they went to their own billet top receiver with more room for a larger bolt diameter, then it might work just fine. But that would require a top, barrel and special bolt. Why not just go with a .458 Socum instead? HB of CJ (old coot)

• Like 1

Sometimes I think people just like to shoot odd shit just to see if they can.

To each his own needs.

Yeah that 458 is just wicked as hell and it works

On the bolt thing I would think offhand an AR10 bolt be better suited.

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 2

the reason to not go with 458 is brass making ability, 308 brass is everywhere 458 scom not so much. the main advantage to this would be the cheap reloading that could be done. 

Well that would be the reasoning for sticking with 308, it is a pretty flexible cartridge perhaps the most flexible.

I just have to accept the things I do because I want and not rationalize it into a need for a perceived purpose.

i guess its a "if you have to ask you wouldnt understand" kind of thing. the heaviest .308 is 240 .375 start at 200. this gives you nearly 458 socom performance with brass that easily made from readily available 308 cases.  

and i mean cheap reloading for pushing a 235 grain @ 2400fps 

If you want it do it, lot of armored bears move into north GA?

j/k of course.

On a different track those lead free FMJ seem to nullify level III armor if you can push it to 3kfps+ which is what I get out of 125gr.

And it's green too! Gotta think that is some unintended consequences right thar.

Order placed...

Heh