Is something holding you back from buying steel S12 mags?

csspecs S12 mags  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Reason for not buying

• Too expensive.
    • Not high enough capacity.
    • Prefer Poly.
    • Did not know they are available.
    • Too heavy.
    • Other design issue.
    • Have too many magazines.
    • Waiting on funds.
    • Waiting for Vepr-12 mags.
  2. 2. If to expensive what is your maximum price range.

While the sales numbers have been fairly decent. And the reviews are very positive. We just expected more from this market.

So we are curious if there are any factors that are holding you back from buying. Is there something we could do to improve the product.

Thank you

Mike (csspecs)

I'll deleted this poll in a week or two, so it does not become a zombie thread constantly rising from the dead.

• Like 1
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oct 2 should ring a bell. Thats at the beginning of last quarter of last year, and the day Obamacare rolled out. The economy 'officially' contracted 1% that quarter, although I suspect that number is

I couldn't vote because I didn't want to cast a vote for what they "should" cost. I don't make them so I have no clue what is fair.   My answer as to why I haven't bought any is "waiting for funds".

Drop 'em to $40 and I would buy. There is something about going over $100 for two mags that makes it harder for me to mentally justify than $80 for two would be.... 

Posted Images

They would probably claim we were gearing up for a massacre with the three extra rounds the magazine holds in the Progressive twatdom of NJ. laugh.png

• Like 2

I intend to make the lower capacity ones at some point here. Just need to see inventory moving to feel good about the investment.

It looks as though the quality is there..but i think the problem could be in the timing of the release..if you had made these mags during the saiga 12 hype when everyone was trying to get one and those who were looking for metal mags and metal drums at the time ..you could have probably doubled your business or even trippled it.Since the Vepr12 has had a significat decrease in price and consumers seem to be buying more of those over the saiga 12...I would look into making a quality 12-13 round metal drum for the vepr 12..i think you might do good in that market that nobody else has tapped into..

Edited by voonman

I said too expensive but I understand they cost what they cost. And you have to make money. I think a lot of people that don't understand that will see the plastic mags as 10 to 20 bucks cheaper and buy those instead while not knowing the only steel mags are yours. Maybe you need more videos on the net. Maybe you could get some of the popular youtude gun guys to review them. Id email the most popular ones. Pm me I have some suggestions on who on YouTube to maybe send a sample if they agree to do a video review. I think the word is not out on them. I mean steel s12 mags should be a big deal.

• Like 1

waiting on the sale, because I know for a fact that gun market is in a slump, and inventory isn't moving, so that is what I am waiting on

55 bones  plus shipping, yeah that  is a nice price for something coming on the market that is brand spanking new, and a novelty, so  those that are  ansy pansy for them will  be the ones who want to be "first on the block" to get one  will rush in and buy it for that price.   but I'm a old bunny,  I know that the prices have to drop after the initial "oh ah gotta have it fast bunnies jump on it" then it just inventory sitting in a warehouse not moving,  

when  inventory is high  and products aren't moving, bills still  have to be paid, payroll still  has to be met, does no good to have inventory sitting around and no one is buying, so prices have to drop. yeah baby, that how I got my STG44 for 340 bucks with a 50 dollar rebate. from the 600+ bucks those "fast bunnies" were willing to pay

so yeah, waiting on that price drop, to something that is more reasonable for a 8 round mag, and 55 bucks plus shipping ain't it.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

OK I added a price list.. Not that I can make them for the lower prices. Just trying to get an idea of what people want.

We do let the dinged mags go cheaper since we figure full price should get a perfect product. They go for $46 rather than  $55, which is a big savings for what is roughly a lightly used mag. Only problem is that on average only 5% are dinged.

They are on sale right now actually. $44 for a normal, and $36.80 for a dinged one..

• Like 1

Once I have a solid job, I expect to buy at least a couple more. I plan to pick up a double stack or two as well.

also, holy crap: $36 you can hardly get a plastic one for that. Man I wish I had the money.

While the sales numbers have been fairly decent. And the reviews are very positive. We just expected more from this market.

So we are curious if there are any factors that are holding you back from buying. Is there something we could do to improve the product.

Thank you

Mike (csspecs)

I'll deleted this poll in a week or two, so it does not become a zombie thread constantly rising from the dead.

Honestly shame on me for not having a few. I've been really wanting to get some. I like the slabside design. Just procrastinating. Edited by AZG

You have to add them to the cart to see the discount, which shows as a separate line that subtracts from the total.. (stupid website software). The $36 price is only due to the summer sale that is running through Saturday..

Hmm only three left... Looks like someone found them.

http://stores.csspecs.com/blemished-saiga-12-gauge-8-round-steel-magazine/

Not really bad at all. The dings are fairly small.. I pop them back, but you can still see a distortion in the surface.. If it was really bad they would just get tossed in the steel scrap bin.

This about what they look like.. There are also a pair that had .010" taken off for the fitting guide video, not sure if they went out already..

post-2952-0-97816600-1404358173_thumb.jpg

We have another batch waiting to be assembled, and likely a fair number of dinged ones that will be listed.

I love to see threads like this where companies are actually going to the customer or potential customer to get input instead of stabbing blindly into the dark and hope to stick something.

I want to make it perfectly clear that I have no first hand experience with csspecs mags for Saiga 12, but I have no doubt that they are reliable and durable. However, I had one of the .308 Vepr mags, used it a time or two, and sold it. It looked great and ran great, but it was very noisy in the weapon even when fully loaded. I like good looking and reliable, but quiet is second on my list of requirements. Having that experience with the .308 mag, I have been hesitant to try metal S12 mags until I can evaluate one first hand. 

Planning to buy a couple of them (look like great mags), but have many higher priorities and so little available cash.

It may even be a year or so before I can buy them.

Edit: I think pricing is very fair IMO.

Edited by Spartacus

I can't vote because it wants me to tell you why I dont have them.. and what I think I should pay... so.. I dont have them because I typically prefer poly mags.. for the Saiga I have poly mags that have been working without issue.. and are fairly cheap... for me personally.. I dont see the need for a metal mag... especially when it is significantly more expensive than the poly offering.. 

Cannot vote because there is no entry for

"LIVE IN A COMMUNIST STATE WHERE THEY ARE BANNED".

This is a temporary condition, and I am taking steps to correct this problem.

As soon as the move to Texas is complete, I plan on using the money saved by not having to pay State taxes to fund the purchase.

I couldn't vote because I didn't want to cast a vote for what they "should" cost. I don't make them so I have no clue what is fair.

My answer as to why I haven't bought any is "waiting for funds". I also fairly well stocked up on plastic mags so I don't really "need" them. I'd like to have a few steel mags though, maybe 3-4?

I will say this, at the current time on this forum you are one of maybe 4 active and available vendors. You guys are the places where I WANT to spend my money, if I had it to spend.

I also think that adding a window to the mags would be a great feature that is not currently available on the market. I don't know if it would help sales but it would certainly be cool.

• Like 3

I really want to buy several but being retired, have to wait on funds to become available. I do believe you are charging a fair price and hope nothing changes with respect to your continuing to produce them. I have nothing against the Vepr, but have 2 Saiga 12s and want the steel mags for them, at least as primary mags.

Thanks for making these.

I also fairly well stocked up on plastic mags so I don't really "need" them. I'd like to have a few steel mags though, maybe 3-4?

same here, besides a couple of drums, I have quite a few stick mags in different capacity. but for shits and giggles I would get 1 maybe  2 as a "something different". myself  I would go with the dinged mag, I am not that anal retentive that something like that  would bug the hell o of me.

I also think that adding a window to the mags would be a great feature that is not currently available on the market. I don't know if it would help sales but it would certainly be cool.

would be cool, but I'm betting it would cost  a bit more to add that feature, and of course it will get passed on to the buyer

would be cool, but I'm betting it would cost  a bit more to add that feature, and of course it will get passed on to the buyer

Depends on the approach taken.. The mags appear stamped so a die change ($3-6k) could window a side pretty easily. If that's too expensive a CNC drill operation to add holes would be essentially "free".

I'd pay an extra $5 to have a windowed mag vs. not. That goes even further when it may sway me to buying more so than not buying.

Edited by Maxwelhse

If that's too expensive a CNC drill operation to add holes would be essentially "free".

I can't see why you couldn't  do something like that for yourself, if you want. a drill press with the appropriate size drill bit would do the job.

all it would take is to lay out 8 shells, get a piece of paper and mark the paper at interval at the middle of every other shell or every 3rd,   then just transfer that to the back of the mag, taking into account the measurement of the rear follower "tail"

easy peasy lemon squeeze

The blanks are laser cut. So a view window is a few clicks and a little extra cash..

I'd imagine depending on size it would let an insane amount of dirt in.. How big are we talking?

Also in response to evlblkwpnz, I loaded a Saiga-12 mag with shells and any sane amount of shaking does not seem to produce any sounds... Short of having a neck breaking violent seizure, they won't make any sound.

• Like 1

If that's too expensive a CNC drill operation to add holes would be essentially "free".

I can't see why you couldn't  do something like that for yourself, if you want. a drill press with the appropriate size drill bit would do the job.

all it would take is to lay out 8 shells, get a piece of paper and mark the paper at interval at the middle of every other shell or every 3rd,   then just transfer that to the back of the mag, taking into account the measurement of the rear follower "tail"

easy peasy lemon squeeze

I agree, but when I buy something I want it to be what I wanted. I don't buy a roll of toilet paper and expect to put it in my drill press for whatever reason.

The blanks are laser cut. So a view window is a few clicks and a little extra cash..

I'd imagine depending on size it would let an insane amount of dirt in.. How big are we talking?

That's up to you as the manufacturer to determine. :) As a customer I would think something like 1/8" holes at every shell location would be plenty enough.

I don't own any of your mags but I would hope that they would be easily serviceable by the end user for cleaning. If that is true (and very few of us here are carting our very expensive shotguns threw swamps), and since you're laser cut, I think something like "Saiga 12" or "Got Ammo?" would be very cool options to the blank. I'd certainly pay a little extra to have "Maxwelhse" mags.

Those are just my thoughts as a dude that doesn't own one. If you want to send me a freebie for R&D I'll put it to work. I have a 10 acre pond right next to my house and I'd be happy to swim around with a mag and document the cleaning procedure.