Is something holding you back from buying steel S12 mags?

csspecs S12 mags  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Reason for not buying

• Too expensive.
    • Not high enough capacity.
    • Prefer Poly.
    • Did not know they are available.
    • Too heavy.
    • Other design issue.
    • Have too many magazines.
    • Waiting on funds.
    • Waiting for Vepr-12 mags.
  2. 2. If to expensive what is your maximum price range.

I agree, but when I buy something I want it to be what I wanted. I don't buy a roll of toilet paper and expect to put it in my drill press for whatever reason.

sometimes what you want isn't  available. I modified a lot of gun accessories, mags, loaders etc...  from what is out there because nobody makes or will make what I want.

yeah,  I agree there is no need to put toilet paper in the drill press, toilet paper as it is works just fine,  so no need to go modifying that

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oct 2 should ring a bell. Thats at the beginning of last quarter of last year, and the day Obamacare rolled out. The economy 'officially' contracted 1% that quarter, although I suspect that number is

I couldn't vote because I didn't want to cast a vote for what they "should" cost. I don't make them so I have no clue what is fair.   My answer as to why I haven't bought any is "waiting for funds".

Drop 'em to $40 and I would buy. There is something about going over $100 for two mags that makes it harder for me to mentally justify than $80 for two would be.... 

Posted Images

I purchased one a few weeks ago and this is one of the few gun products I have ever bought that exceeded my expectations. The only reason I don't have more is I need to save some money first. I plan to replace my ten AGP mags with these. The price is more than fair, if the price ever does come down I could see owning more than ten.

I know they cost what they cost, but if they were going for $40 I would probably already have sprung for a couple.

As far as the discounted "dinged" ones, what held me back there was your description on them that some of them might have been filed to get them to fit properly in certain S12's. The thought of buying a mag that had already been filed that might not fit my shotty is a risk I didn't want to take. If they were only dented in the mag body I wouldn't worry about it....

The blanks are laser cut. So a view window is a few clicks and a little extra cash..

I'd imagine depending on size it would let an insane amount of dirt in.. How big are we talking?

Also in response to evlblkwpnz, I loaded a Saiga-12 mag with shells and any sane amount of shaking does not seem to produce any sounds... Short of having a neck breaking violent seizure, they won't make any sound.

Understood. I hope to try some.

I love to see threads like this where companies are actually going to the customer or potential customer to get input instead of stabbing blindly into the dark and hope to stick something.

I want to make it perfectly clear that I have no first hand experience with csspecs mags for Saiga 12, but I have no doubt that they are reliable and durable. However, I had one of the .308 Vepr mags, used it a time or two, and sold it. It looked great and ran great, but it was very noisy in the weapon even when fully loaded. I like good looking and reliable, but quiet is second on my list of requirements. Having that experience with the .308 mag, I have been hesitant to try metal S12 mags until I can evaluate one first hand. 

You will have no rattles whatsoever with the 12 ga mags. Fitting on the mag catch is a near guarantee and side to side fit is just right.

• Like 1

Well I understand that the market is fairly heavily saturated with low cost products.. So asking the questions lets me get a feel for the alterations I need to make.

And I'm well aware that the gun market over sold product in the last year. So many people already spent this years gun money last year.

So, kinda lets me plan for ways to improve sales.

• Like 1

Well I understand that the market is fairly heavily saturated with low cost products.. So asking the questions lets me get a feel for the alterations I need to make.

And I'm well aware that the gun market over sold product in the last year. So many people already spent this years gun money last year.

So, kinda lets me plan for ways to improve sales.

You manufacture nice stuff, and I know what it takes to bring a new product to market.

I wish you the best.

Jim

• Like 1

I have a few of your mags for my S-12, top notch product for a fair price in my opinion. When the Vepr-12 mags become available I'll be buying a minimum of 6.

Oct 2 should ring a bell. Thats at the beginning of last quarter of last year, and the day Obamacare rolled out. The economy 'officially' contracted 1% that quarter, although I suspect that number is much higher, and the contactrion was far more severe. 

The first quarter of this year, the economy contracted an 'official' 2.9%. Since real unemployment is 18% or more, rather than the 6.1% the  administration estimates - I suspect that the real contraction in the economy for the last two quarters has been in excess of 12%.

What this means is that the wind has been sucked out of the economy, and people are holding on to their money rather than spending - even for the best values available.

You don't need a poll to figure out why your sales aren't what they should be. All you need to do is look at the massive fraud that is being perpetrated by the administration, and their cronies in the press.

CSS Specs - your lagging sales are prima facia evidence that even the best made, and most reasonably priced products in the US are no match for the greatest destroyer of wealth, liberty and innovation in American history. Barack Hussein Obama.

• Like 4

Ive been following these since CSS first planned on making them. I think they are excellent as is ( though different sizes is always a plus) the only thing slowing me down from getting the 5 or so I plan to buy is that that they are in competition with the surefire x400 greenlaser sight, the acog for a 556, the other g17 and the 1000 rounds of 308 I want.

If I can make any recommendation it Is that at the several LGS is visit, I inevitably meet a few saiga owners, none of whom Are aware there are metal mags available. I have been telling anyone who will listen about CSS but the most often thing I hear is that no one had heard of them.

I'm not a pr guy by any means but from my vantage point it seems like no one knows you have a kick ass product available. I have been talking with a part owner of one of my lgs '(s)? Who loves my 12 and he wants see one of them. They sell a lot of Sgm. I want to show him one and eventually I will when I get a little closer to getting everything on that list but it will take some time

Ive been following these since CSS first planned on making them. I think they are excellent as is ( though different sizes is always a plus) the only thing slowing me down from getting the 5 or so I plan to buy is that that they are in competition with the surefire x400 greenlaser sight, the acog for a 556, the other g17 and the 1000 rounds of 308 I want.

If I can make any recommendation it Is that at the several LGS is visit, I inevitably meet a few saiga owners, none of whom Are aware there are metal mags available. I have been telling anyone who will listen about CSS but the most often thing I hear is that no one had heard of them.

I'm not a pr guy by any means but from my vantage point it seems like no one knows you have a kick ass product available. I have been talking with a part owner of one of my lgs '(s)? Who loves my 12 and he wants see one of them. They sell a lot of Sgm. I want to show him one and eventually I will when I get a little closer to getting everything on that list but it will take some time

That's a fair point. Your mags weren't on the market when I bought my S-12, but I left the LGS with 2 SGM mags with the gun. He doesn't carry your mags to this day. I would have bought metal over plastic in a heartbeat if they were both sitting there.

National distribution like that has got to be a tough nut to crack... I wouldn't even know how to go about selling something through the most common mail order distributors. I suppose that alone could be good just to get more exposure even if it is less pie for you keep by essentially taking money from your own site.

edit: Looks like Nemo is planning to take the market, or something else, by storm! smile.png

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1

Your 20% off sale got me.  On top of that you still honored the S12 forum discount.  Shipping from you is very low and made me buy a second mag since it didn't increase from $7. 

Hope to WILL buy more soon.

Edited by NM0
  • Like 1

i agree 100% you need to send a few samples out to all the guys on youtube and get them to do a video on them this way word can get out, im sure there are many saiga 12 owners that would love to have them but have no idea they are even available. 

• Like 1

I am not trying to be a wise guy or anything, I have an honest question. What is the advantage of your steel mag for Saiga 12?

What makes it better than the poly mags I have that work very well? School me.

All steel front and rear locking lugs. Almost zero side to side movement. Easier to disassemble and clean. Overall fit and finish far above all polymer mags.

The AK platform was designed for steel mags. Some people don't like the rear spine. I have a few Bulgarian AK mags and circle 10s. Having a smooth back is nice but makes no difference to me. 75% of my AK mags have that ridge on the spine.

Edited by Vance665

I call the reason for not buying the "NY SAFE act"...

I REALLY WANT some five rounders. Couldn't answer the poll 'cause the right answer isn't listed.scorn.gif

Looks like the consensus is that the fabulous obutfuker economic recovery is the main reason folks are hesitant or outright unable to spend the money on them. I might get a couple of them in a couple of weeks, I've spent a shitload of money recently sooooo.

I truly hope you don't take it in the ass with these, as I remember all the excitement when you were tooling up for them. I really love the .308 mags they perform great for me. I have several of the S-20 mags, but I haven't had time to really put them through their paces yet.

As for that question;   "What is the advantage of your steel mag for Saiga 12? What makes it better than the poly mags I have that work very well?"

One word................STEEL bad_egg.gif

• Like 1

Looks like the consensus is that the fabulous obutfuker economic recovery is the main reason folks are hesitant or outright unable to spend the money on them. I might get a couple of them in a couple of weeks, I've spent a shitload of money recently sooooo.

I truly hope you don't take it in the ass with these, as I remember all the excitement when you were tooling up for them. I really love the .308 mags they perform great for me. I have several of the S-20 mags, but I haven't had time to really put them through their paces yet.

As for that question;   "What is the advantage of your steel mag for Saiga 12? What makes it better than the poly mags I have that work very well?"

One word................STEEL bad_egg.gif

Sorry, but STEEL is not an answer. Not trying to stir anything up, but poly doesn't rust, doesn't dent and is lighter and these mags work fine.