My fiance denied CCW cuz of outdated photo... WTF

Copy and paste of my post on another forum: "I have my CCW, and my fiance was getting hers, but she submitted a photo that was over 30 days old. We received a letter saying submit a newer one or the application will be denied. Well, we intended to, but do to the rat race of life, it got lost in the shuffle (dumb I know!). Well fast forward and sure enough, we received another letter saying it was denied! We filed an informal hearing to petition to the denial, explained everything. During our research we even found out that the 30+ day photo could actually be accepted, but I digress. We did everything right according to the information we received in the letter from Tallahasssee, but we received the final word and it was that the denial stands. Interestingly enough, in the language of the final letter it mentioned only mentioned the photo being 'too bright' and that the petitioner(my fiance) could have called the phone number provided on the original letter to receive additional denial information not mentioned in the letter itself...

Now my question is... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot do we do now?! She has a spotless record, and has never had a run in with the law ever, except maybe a speeding ticket or two.

Side note: I can't believe the hurdles we have to go through to obtain the right of something in the Constitution aargh4.gif"

• Like 1

If there's no way of getting a formal hearing, you may have to get an attorney to file for an injunction if it can't just be re-applied for.  I don't know Florida's laws.

I got my CPL renewed while I was on vacation and had grown a beard.  Unfortunately, my workplace hadn't reversed its no-beard policy, so I had to shave it off.  Now my CPL has bearded me on it.

Edited by DrThunder88

Out of the hundreds of CCW's that are issued here this is the first time I have heard of this.

It is not that hard. I have gone in to the Gun Show one day wounder schools and people who do not know how to spell gun get their CCW.

Ya jerry52, I hear ya. It'd be comical really if it wasn't such a pain in the ass.

Arik, I am not sure. The outcome letter didn't specify. We will be contacting them (Tally) on Monday.

Yeoldtetool, thanks for the words of wisdom :rolleyes:

Copy and paste of my post on another forum: "I have my CCW, and my fiance was getting hers, but she submitted a photo that was over 30 days old. We received a letter saying submit a newer one or the application will be denied. Well, we intended to, but do to the rat race of life, it got lost in the shuffle (dumb I know!). Well fast forward and sure enough, we received another letter saying it was denied! We filed an informal hearing to petition to the denial, explained everything. During our research we even found out that the 30+ day photo could actually be accepted, but I digress. We did everything right according to the information we received in the letter from Tallahasssee, but we received the final word and it was that the denial stands. Interestingly enough, in the language of the final letter it mentioned only mentioned the photo being 'too bright' and that the petitioner(my fiance) could have called the phone number provided on the original letter to receive additional denial information not mentioned in the letter itself...

Now my question is... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot do we do now?! She has a spotless record, and has never had a run in with the law ever, except maybe a speeding ticket or two.

Side note: I can't believe the hurdles we have to go through to obtain the right of something in the Constitution aargh4.gif"

Pictures or it never happenedbiggrin.png JK

• Like 2

If it was denied just because of the photo I don't know why you couldn't start fresh and re-submit with the correct photo at any time. This is a technical issue that is similar to forgetting to sign the application, not a character issue. In Washington we don't even have photos on ours. Go figure.

• 4 weeks later...

Update for anyone who cares, we were told by our case worker that all we have to do is submit a new photo. That will take care of everything and we don't have to resubmit the package or pay any fees. We'll see..

• Like 1

Same thing with my sons passport. Your state scans the photo and puts it into biometrics databases with the feds. You need a good photo to get permission from your handler's to carry and defend yourself. If they deny you, open carry and keep the denial form with you! Id suggest an UZI.

Edited by Stryker0946