Hey guys.  I have a saiga 7.62 sportster.  I live in CT and it is illegal to put a pistol grip on my rifle so for now a conversion and a traditional stock is out of the question.  I want to put a sling on my rifle. I have a single point sling but due to the location of the stock hooks a single point will not work unless I can put it to where the buttstock and the receiver meet.  Im not sure if they make a sling attachment like that? Anyone have any advice or know if it can be done?

Why do you want to use a single-point vs a traditional 2-point?

Just curious.

I wound buy an SKS sling (the type with leather attachments). The AK slings rattle and scratch up your gun.

The Saiga Sporter is still a nice compact little rifle. I thought long and hard, before converting my second one.

Good luck.

Edited by Sim_Player

One suggestion: take a strip of sheet metal and drill two holes in it to make a figure 8 shape. One ring of it can be much bigger for the sling clip. The other smaller hole can fit inside the tang on the top of the stock. Just back out the stock tang screw and run it through the 8. Also kinda bend the 8 so that the ring sticks up a little. Say a 20* angle. This is not perfect, but it is completely reversible.

Another thing I've been meaning to do to mine is to make a sling attachment ring that rivets where the axis pin goes on the left side of the receiver. If you could find a substitute for the existing axis pins that is a little longer, you might be able to make that work. IMO this will be the nicest location because it will work for 1 point or two point and the gun will want to hang with the nicest orientation. My version of this would be cut out of an angle with a slot right at the corner. It could be bent out of sheet metal instead if desired. I would smooth all the angles and make sure it would not interfere with any scope mounts or dig in above my thumb or index finger depending on which hand is used.