• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ho Lee chit! My wife just agreed to let me get one as a parts kit! That way, she says it'll be more of a hobby and less of "just another gun"!!! Oh and i had to agree that i wouldnt stockpile near as

I'm more interested in buying ammo right now while it is plentiful. Even though there are some good deals on guns right now. Dem bullets is the gold. I see a time in the not so distant future where a

I'm willing  to bet that Captain Hero and LuPiN8oR old ladies have this stick family decal on their cars

Posted Images

I agree with him, I'm grabbing my needs/wants now. I have two orders in with AIM Surplus right now, and about to go to my LGS and see if I make a score there. The market is so flush with AR shit right now it is just maddening.

• Like 3

I was out of town on business for 2 weeks and I was planning on ordering the Yugo underfolder and a couple of cases of ammo as soon as I got back.  On wed night I went ahead and ordered the AK and the ammo.  And seriously thinking about another AK at these prices.

I was going to make a post here urging people to buy now but then yesterday this video popped up and I figured might as well just post it.

As far as prices dropping further, maybe.  But I think we're near the bottom price-wise. 

Don't forget we're coming up on an election and most people know that asshole in the white house is going to start slinging EOs hard and fast as soon as the polls close.  I expect prices to rise closer to Nov in preparation.

As far as prices dropping further, maybe.  But I think we're near the bottom price-wise. 

Don't forget we're coming up on an election and most people know that asshole in the white house is going to start slinging EOs hard and fast as soon as the polls close.  I expect prices to rise closer to Nov in preparation.

I agree. In 2007 a WASR was what? $350? Today $499? It seems like a big jump, but it's been 7 years too. Considering your money is losing at least 3% of its value per year, the prices are probably about as good as they're going to get. Even if you believe the consumer price index the price is only "up" $95.

Election time is fear time no matter which side of the aisle you're on. The prices on everything are probably going to go haywire. No reason to wait to buy if you can afford it/want it today.

Needs are filled already and then some, wants are immaterial given the resources.

Might explain the drop in prices to some extent cause I cant be the only one.

That is the boat I'm in. No matter the prices my resources are what they are. I'd buy 22LR, but that's about it, and that bubble hasn't popped yet from what I've seen.

I'm fortunate enough to have resources I can divert to stockpiling.  I'm not rich by any measure but doing well enough to pick up an extra AK and a couple of cases of ammo at these prices.

I look at it as investing.

• Like 1

Ho Lee chit! My wife just agreed to let me get one as a parts kit! That way, she says it'll be more of a hobby and less of "just another gun"!!! Oh and i had to agree that i wouldnt stockpile near as much shit for it as my aks. Still though, a win is a win! Who wants to help me pick out ar parts? :D

• Like 5

I'm more interested in buying ammo right now while it is plentiful. Even though there are some good deals on guns right now. Dem bullets is the gold.

I see a time in the not so distant future where ammo will be worth more than the guns that shoot it. 

14_6_16.gif

• Like 4

Smart move. I'm not as well off as you at the moment so a new gun is too

big of a hit for me right now, but I still can buy ammo for the guns I already have so it's all good.

Ammo is about as plentiful now as it has been for quite a while, at least as before the scare.

You can even get you some 22 LR if you want to wait in line at 6:00 in the morning.

Remember folks….It only took about 3 months for all the ammo to dry up last time.

That was the real scare.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

I'm more interested in buying ammo right now while it is plentiful. Even though there are some good deals on guns right now. Dem bullets is the gold.

I see a time in the not so distant future where ammo will be worth more than the guns that shoot it. 

14_6_16.gif

This is why ive fought the urge to get an ar for quite some time and stockpile ammo for 308 and 7.62x39. Now that i have a reloading bench i think i can squeak by adding a caliber and not stocking up on an inordinate amount of ammo for 556. Otherwise id just get another 4 1k rnd cases of 7.62x39 and call it a day. Im super excited tho and really looking forward to branching out a bit! I do actually need some pointers as i have very little experience with the ar platform (never even shot one).

It only took about 3 months for all the ammo to dry up last time.

That was the real scare.

That opened a lot of eyes. And the lesson is much deeper than just ammo.

All the things we rely on can vanish in an instant. The man who friended you on facebook today may be killing you for a can of soup tomorrow.

• Like 2

while some of his video may be true, publicly posting about it is only going to give businesses the heads up to raise their prices.

"Ok, there threads and videos out there saying all is as good as its going to get so buy buy buy!!!"

More threads like this pop up, more business's see it and raise their prices. Where as if we just kept quite about it, business as usual, they would have never seen us coming and we could possibly get even better deals.

Instead of 7.62x39 and other ammo dropping below $200 shipped or even record low prices, now I am sure a trend of buying will start to show and demand will start to increase and cost will go back up. way to go. Glad you got pre 1st term obama prices again. 

Why dont we let the democrats and liberals know too so they can start to write their congressmen and use this against us too. "Oh, those crazy right wing extremists are stock piling ammo and guns again. Gonna shoot up more schools and parade around Target's showing off their Assault weapons of mass destruction." 

We dont need a youtube video to state the obvious. Yes we know AK prices are down. Yes we know ammo and AR prices are down. If you aren't adept enough to know this and need a youtube video to tell you then well.........

Maybe im wrong

• Like 2

Don't just get ammo, but if the $$$$ is there, get reloading components, the hardest I've seen to find around here is powder, at least for what I shoot. Hell, there's magnum powders everywhere, but I don't shoot magnum rifles, maybe magnum powder could be used in regular rifle loads, I don't know, but it'd be better than not having anything. Maybe it could be used with a magnum primer and some testing, but it is slow burning, I think.  Even though I have loaded the 5.7 with regular rifle powder, just some redneck math and they worked, was way slower than factory loads, but would still be effective 

May also look at a single stage press and dies. I found a place out west that has butt loads of brass, even sales some in 55 gal. drums, if you have the $$$.

Something in the back of my head tells me they are trying to dry up the reloading stuff, a gun ain't no good if you can't feed it, but what do I know, I told the wife to buy me extra Skoal and put it in the freezer.  :)

most especially the foreign import  ammo, ie. 7.62/5.45x39, 54r etc....  those are subject to possible ban imports

Stock cleaning supplies too!  .22 cal, 9mm, .30 cal, 12 ga brushes, patches, and cleaning rods have been scarce around here since January.

wow, that's a new one on me,  not a issue here in NE Ohio.  maybe people are "panic buying" gun cleaning supplies where you are. which given how people are, it would not surprise me in the least

but, I don't see how patches would be in short supplies, you can cut up almost any cloth to make them. and in a pinch, I have even use BOUNTY paper towels, surprisingly  they work pretty good just as good as cloth ones.  you know the patches that  comes with HOPPEs, and other cleaning kits?  to me they feel like dryer sheets

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 2

It's probably all the newbie panic buyers figuring out that they need to clean their gun.  .22 brushes and patches are the hardest to find.  Good supplies of .223/5.56 have been in since November, so now everyone is starting to shoot again.  That would probably explain it.

.22 brushes and patches are the hardest to find. 

can't help you on the brush, as for patches take a old tee-shirt and cut it up and make your own. as small as .22 patches are, you probably can get a couple hundred +  from one tee-shirt

a couple  years ago or so,  there was a vendor at the show selling the large USGI  50 cal patches for something like  1.50 for a large bundle.  everybody else looks to buy a specific caliber patches so no one was buying those.  I offered to buy all he had for 50 cents a bundle, and he had a lot, he was happy with that.  whenever I need patches for a specific caliber,  I just stack up 3 or 4 patches and cut them   to that  size . plus the large 50 cal patch works great to get into those places in the firearm to clean

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Stock cleaning supplies too!  .22 cal, 9mm, .30 cal, 12 ga brushes, patches, and cleaning rods have been scarce around here since January.

Really? I'm pretty sure I've got an entire gang of .223 brushes (seems to me .22 use would be fine) that I bought on clearance at Menards just for the hell of it for like $2/ea. Same deal with 12ga. Bought a ton of them because they were on clearance. Both are in stock at Amazon right now starting at $1.68/ea w/free shipping.

I just use the Hoppe's patches that aren't labeled as a caliber (maybe "medium" or something?) and use as many as the project requires. Like Matthew said, the world isn't running out of T shirts any time soon. Past that, AK cleaning is "optional" everywhere else in the world.

-----------

Moving on, if I could justify the funds, I'd be buying ammo. I did ok during the panic building up a small inventory of what I needed (other than .22LR... damn it) for reasonable prices but more is always better. I'm not planning to wear out a gun during the next panic, but ammo, well....

I use Bore Snakes, they faster and gets the gun cleaner. I also frog lube so the gun cleans even faster

I  keep one in the pistol grip.

LOL... So do I and Menards had those on clearance too! smile.png

Ain't coming off of my bore snake collection though.

I do hit them lightly with the brush a few patches first to keep the snakes nicer though... They really hurt to clean in the sink!

Edited by Maxwelhse

I made my own .22 bore snake. Heat up one end of desired length of weedeater string and push it into a hard surface to flare it some. Slide a patch with a small slit in it down the string. Works very well.

• Like 1