I'll buy what I can, but at the moment Im missing out on all the great deals. Just my luck I guess. I'll be the first to say that not only can I swing the extra coin to purchase such excellent items, but my lady simply will not understand the reason behind such purchases. so Im limited at the moment. beaten.gif

• Like 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ho Lee chit! My wife just agreed to let me get one as a parts kit! That way, she says it'll be more of a hobby and less of "just another gun"!!! Oh and i had to agree that i wouldnt stockpile near as

I'm more interested in buying ammo right now while it is plentiful. Even though there are some good deals on guns right now. Dem bullets is the gold. I see a time in the not so distant future where a

I'm willing  to bet that Captain Hero and LuPiN8oR old ladies have this stick family decal on their cars

Posted Images

^^i feel ya cap, if i had it my way id snag a vepr 12, an extra m92, and either a g26 or a ruger sr9c. Getting the wife to green light an ar build was/ has been a 2 month endeavor lol!

Edited by LuPiN8oR
  • Like 1

I knew I was golden about a year back when my wife said "I know this is a weird question, but do we have enough ammo?" It wasn't an accusation of overspending, it was a question based out of concern over world events and circumstances.. Sort of surprised me and caught me off-guard.

I just make sure to purchase responsibly, so my wife never gives me shit over buying guns or ammo. I've never had to ask her to do anything because she knows I don't go hog wild buying gun stuff.

I didn't buy shit during the panic, and stocked up on 7.62x39 in the last few months for good prices.

Right now I'm on the fence as to whether I want to build an AR, or save up to buy the coming PAP M90/M21.. I may sell some misc crap I have and do both.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2

I'm willing  to bet that Captain Hero and LuPiN8oR old ladies have this stick family decal on their cars

:lol:

married.jpg

Do Not! I pretty much do what i want but the recent addition to our beginning family has made her more hawkish on monetary affairs. Its pretty fuckin annoying lol.

Took your advice Darth and ordered a Yugo Underfolder.  Thanks for the heads up on sale price.

All the better half said was "you always wanted one" and "not a bad price".

When I told my wife I was buying another AK and more ammo she just said, "You're going to need a bigger safe." 

It's funny though.  I have a friend who has 3 large safes and they're all full.  So I just tell her I have a lot of catching up to do.  lol

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Took your advice Darth and ordered a Yugo Underfolder.  Thanks for the heads up on sale price.

When I told my wife I was buying another AK and more ammo she just said, "You're going to need a bigger safe." 

It's funny though.  I have a friend who has 3 large safes and they're all full.  So I just tell her I have a lot of catching up to do.  lol

Same thing mine said laugh.png

• Like 1

Same thing mine said laugh.png

Mine said that last year. 

Alright fellas, here is my secret. My wife and I have a don't ask policy. She doesn't ask about my guns or ammo & how much I have and I don't ask about her purses or shoes or how many she has. Worked out very well so far. Peace in the valley. There you go.

• Like 2

My ex was adamant that I did not need more than a pistol, rifle and MAYBE a shotgun and I should not consider buying any more. Let's not even discuss more than a box of ammo for each or spare magazines.

Showed her the weapons I was looking at on gunbroker and pointed out the historical trends of the value constantly increasing. I also jokingly pointed out that if I checked out early she could sell the guns and make a tidy profit on my demise. She looked thoughtful and said nothing for a couple weeks.

Seems I never know when to keep my pie hole shut. By now I should know better.

She started pointing out sales in the papers and ads for guns and ammunition and no longer said a word when I picked something new up. After a couple months I began to wonder if she was going to have an active interest in collecting and shooting. To cut to the chase, she sold my entire collection while I was out on assignment and "dear John'ed" me. Spoke to a couple of the people she sold them to and she had held out for the highest offers and made quite a chunk of cash.

Being a Bachelor is great, I can do what I wan't with my money when I wan't to…….good stuff.7_15_5v.gif

When the live-in girlfriends start to mention the M-word they get shown the door 23_28_101.gif

Been married once, don't plan on there ever being a 2nd time for me.

• Like 2

My ex was adamant that I did not need more than a pistol, rifle and MAYBE a shotgun and I should not consider buying any more. Let's not even discuss more than a box of ammo for each or spare magazines.

Showed her the weapons I was looking at on gunbroker and pointed out the historical trends of the value constantly increasing. I also jokingly pointed out that if I checked out early she could sell the guns and make a tidy profit on my demise. She looked thoughtful and said nothing for a couple weeks.

She started pointing out sales in the papers and ads for guns and ammunition and no longer said a word when I picked something new up. After a couple months I began to wonder if she was going to have an active interest in collecting and shooting. To cut to the chase, she sold my entire collection while I was out on assignment and "dear John'ed" me. Spoke to a couple of the people she sold them to and she had held out for the highest offers and made quite a chunk of cash.

Well fuck her then

post-13516-0-37583900-1404699002.jpg

• Like 1

while some of his video may be true, publicly posting about it is only going to give businesses the heads up to raise their prices.

"Ok, there threads and videos out there saying all is as good as its going to get so buy buy buy!!!"

More threads like this pop up, more business's see it and raise their prices. Where as if we just kept quite about it, business as usual, they would have never seen us coming and we could possibly get even better deals.

Instead of 7.62x39 and other ammo dropping below $200 shipped or even record low prices, now I am sure a trend of buying will start to show and demand will start to increase and cost will go back up. way to go. Glad you got pre 1st term obama prices again. 

Why dont we let the democrats and liberals know too so they can start to write their congressmen and use this against us too. "Oh, those crazy right wing extremists are stock piling ammo and guns again. Gonna shoot up more schools and parade around Target's showing off their Assault weapons of mass destruction." 

We dont need a youtube video to state the obvious. Yes we know AK prices are down. Yes we know ammo and AR prices are down. If you aren't adept enough to know this and need a youtube video to tell you then well.........

Maybe im wrong

I dont see this happening. Its not like the stores dont know what and how much they are selling. The owner isnt sitting there asking if anyone bought 223 or 9 this month. Gun community is small, people know right away who has what sale. If I see cheap mags/ammo posted on one board within a 1/2 hour its posted on all boards. When Centerfire had their Vepr 12 sale with free shipping other companies didnt look at it and say oh those are popular lets raise our prices. No. Instead everyone else lowered theirs and included free shipping. If its popular and you raise prices your customers will find other places to shop

Only a few dozen of the guns in my house belong to my wife..

The rest of them are MINEbig_smile.gif

I do have to keep tabs on her  She loves Springfield EMPs and has an apitite for custom open division race guns.

I would have to eat lots of hot dogs and bologna  if she were left unchecked

while some of his video may be true, publicly posting about it is only going to give businesses the heads up to raise their prices.

"Ok, there threads and videos out there saying all is as good as its going to get so buy buy buy!!!"

More threads like this pop up, more business's see it and raise their prices. Where as if we just kept quite about it, business as usual, they would have never seen us coming and we could possibly get even better deals.

Instead of 7.62x39 and other ammo dropping below $200 shipped or even record low prices, now I am sure a trend of buying will start to show and demand will start to increase and cost will go back up. way to go. Glad you got pre 1st term obama prices again. 

Why dont we let the democrats and liberals know too so they can start to write their congressmen and use this against us too. "Oh, those crazy right wing extremists are stock piling ammo and guns again. Gonna shoot up more schools and parade around Target's showing off their Assault weapons of mass destruction." 

We dont need a youtube video to state the obvious. Yes we know AK prices are down. Yes we know ammo and AR prices are down. If you aren't adept enough to know this and need a youtube video to tell you then well.........

Maybe im wrong

I dont see this happening. Its not like the stores dont know what and how much they are selling. The owner isnt sitting there asking if anyone bought 223 or 9 this month. Gun community is small, people know right away who has what sale. If I see cheap mags/ammo posted on one board within a 1/2 hour its posted on all boards. When Centerfire had their Vepr 12 sale with free shipping other companies didnt look at it and say oh those are popular lets raise our prices. No. Instead everyone else lowered theirs and included free shipping. If its popular and you raise prices your customers will find other places to shop

Yes, of course stores monitor their inventory, but the gun community is NOT small. We are big enough to wipe out the supply of everything we have(Guns AMMO and Parts), remember back when the panic started with Obamas EO's. There was little to no ammo &parts &mags on shelves in the majority of the US. Same thing happened(only for a few days) when the 7n6 ban started.

Thank god its still around.  

I beg to differ about some items to a degree. While you are right about the Vepr12s, they are not(at the time being) an item that will disappear from shelves. They will continue to be imported and July is usually the month when all the good deals go down regardless. It all depends on what item it is. Romanian barrels for example. Those are pretty much gone. If they do show up on GB then they go for $180+. Apex has pulled barrels which are going for $120+. Simple supply and demand. Plenty of vepr 12s being produced and dont show any sign of slowing so why would they raise their prices. 83 izzy kits on the other hand go for $650 a pop. Unlikely to ever show back up in like new conditions ever again so they demand a premium and are not on all boards. I should be shot for even mentioning them here. but my point stands. 

The kid has a good point. It's always good to buy low and sell high or enjoy.

The people who have been collecting and hunting for many years now know that the market IS SATURATED and as always, a good time to buy.

It's a buyers market again since the demand is lower and production is way up in firearms. Everybody has a bunch of stuff and so on.

It is a good summer to buy. Time to set your prices!

I placed two separate orders with AIM Surplus over the weekend for AR parts....long STUPID story short, they agreed to combine both orders into one, upgrade the bolt carrier group, and nix all shipping charges, no questions asked. I sent an e-mail to their customer service dept. yesterday and made the request of them, I was really glad to see the e-mail from them telling me that it was done and all would be shipped in a day or two, so KUDOS to them.

Excellent answers everybody and thank you. I did not read all of them. Sounds like a win win win situation for me? I mean, how much $interest$ are we getting from our savings accounts?

I also have an emergency credit card that the ex lady friend never did find out about. Zero balance. Nine point nine percent. I actually just received a notice of NON ACTIVITY!

That means I gotta use the card a little bit or they will CANCEL my account because I have not used it enough. Can you believe it? Anyhow, things appear to be coming together neatly.

A perfect purchasing storm? Maybe. I shot off all the shoot off .30 Carbine FMJ ammo. Saved the brass. Reloadable. Only I do not hand load. I need more shooting ammo for the M2.

Boy, does that little automatic rifle go through the ammo. We shot off over 500 rounds in little over 3 hours! Zero stoppages! I was the only guy left who had a functioning stutter gun.

I need at least 1000 rounds to 2X replace what we went through. Yep, every one of my buddies, friends, family, etc., who had fun with my "trigger pak" M2 Carbine payed for the ammo.

So....a win win win situation. Seems the replacement ammo will be almost free. I am going to buy up twice what we shot off. I need to exercise a good low interest high limit credit card.

Plus I need some more .22rf ammo. The suppressed stuff is just too much of a gag to shoot. So quiet. No ear protection needed outside. All you hear is a "POP" and the slide cycling.

So, it looks like I will be repaying at 5X the minimum monthly payment on a card purchase. I think the ammo will hold its $value$. Certainly better than any shitty savings account?

HB of CJ (old coot) Oh..so fast! All US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply smile.pngsmile.png

• Like 1
I just make sure to purchase responsibly, so my wife never gives me shit over buying guns or ammo. I've never had to ask her to do anything because she knows I don't go hog wild buying gun stuff.

I think that, and no credit purchases that are not mandatory (houses and cars come to mind for most people), is the key to just about everything in shared financial situations.

I placed two separate orders with AIM Surplus over the weekend for AR parts....long STUPID story short, they agreed to combine both orders into one, upgrade the bolt carrier group, and nix all shipping charges, no questions asked. I sent an e-mail to their customer service dept. yesterday and made the request of them, I was really glad to see the e-mail from them telling me that it was done and all would be shipped in a day or two, so KUDOS to them.

I've had nothing but excellent service from AIM. My yugo was the first, and so far only, weapon that I had to have mailed to a local FFL and they were VERY patient with my newb questions. I've been buying from them ever since.

Yes I am credit card free.  I don't spend it if I don't have it.

That has not always been the case but a trip down bankruptcy lane gave me a new perspective.

• Like 1

Yes I am credit card free.  I don't spend it if I don't have it.

CC are the greatest consumer protection you can ever have. you don't have to beg a company to send the product or your money back and get all stressed out and pissed and come on a gunboard asking what to do. 

if the company wants to play stupid games, by not sending you what you bought, you just calmly call up the CC company explain it to them and they'll be more then happy to do a charge back on that weasel of a company (remember boys and girls, it's the CC company's  money you are using,  and they don't want to lose it). so you aren't out a penny.  and for good measure the CC company will  charge the merchant a high charge back fee, I like to call that the "asshole tax". be a asshole company, the money you thought you stole comes out of your account and you're going pay a lot extra for being a asshole.

so far the score

asshole companies that tried to rip me off; 3

asshole companies that succeeded to rip me off; 0

there are smart was to use a CC and really, really stupid ways to use it.

the smart way is what I do, use it, reap the cash back/rewads etc....it offers  and pay off the statement balance at the end of the month and pay no interest. in other words use it like you would writing a  check. watch what you have spent, if you are nearing the limit where you can comfortably pay off the statement balance, STOP.  you just have to have a little financial disciple, that's all

the stupid, stupid  way to use it is to  charge, charge, charge like a drunken sailor on shore leave,  rack up the balance where you're paying forever on it along with the interest

my 25 year old fridge is on it's last leg, so  I will have to get a new one. I have the cash to buy it, but with a cash back reward card I will charge it on my CC, I will pay 5 percent less on the thing then if I bought it for cash.  pretty sweet, I can put that money I saved for ammo.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Matthew, for some of us credit is like an alcoholic with booze. Despite the real advantages of using a credit card, the risk is too high for some of us to risk it.

Like many 18 year olds, I managed to rack up an insane amount of debt that took me until my late 20s to pay off. I do have a credit card today but its just an extra safety net.

I missed that the first time. You know that's a massive case of a long list of felonies. Why didn't you prosecute her ass? Not enough evidence?

• Like 2

It's not that I don't have cards.  It's that I am free of the burden of CC debt.  And I remain so because I don't charge.

I'm not even tempted to charge.  I just use my bank card tied to my credit union account which has the same protections as a CC for purchases.  And yes I have tested that. 

• Like 2

yeah credit can be dangerous for some people. a friend of mine got his first CC when he turned 18 and almost immediately maxed out several, declared bankruptcy before he turned 21.

as stated they are great when you need to make a purchase from shady outfits.. e.g. we used our Amex to purchase Eurail tickets and some stuff in Europe a couple years back. someone got a hold of the card info and bought several grand worth of shit and airfare from UK to France. Amex called and asked if that was me... well, nope. everything reversed, no questions asked. banks are not quite as nice about such things when someone steals your checking account info.

• Like 1