Matthew, for some of us credit is like an alcoholic with booze. Despite the real advantages of using a credit card, the risk is too high for some of us to risk it.

Like many 18 year olds, I managed to rack up an insane amount of debt that took me until my late 20s to pay off. I do have a credit card today but its just an extra safety net.

ah,  the stupidity of youth biggrin.png.  I hear you, been there done that myself. the good thing about getting older, for some people biggrin.png,  is

1) you learn from your stupidity and don't fall into the same hole, again

2) you think things through from different angles, rather then jump without looking or thinking.

I admit that I also went overboard and racked up some $$$$$$$ on the card when I was young dumb and full of cum, and became indebted to them. but after paying if off  to zero.  it didn't scare me off from still using it for purchase etc...  I just became smart about it and more financially discipline.

now instead of paying the CC company money they pay me for using their card. a win for me.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ho Lee chit! My wife just agreed to let me get one as a parts kit! That way, she says it'll be more of a hobby and less of "just another gun"!!! Oh and i had to agree that i wouldnt stockpile near as

I'm more interested in buying ammo right now while it is plentiful. Even though there are some good deals on guns right now. Dem bullets is the gold. I see a time in the not so distant future where a

I'm willing  to bet that Captain Hero and LuPiN8oR old ladies have this stick family decal on their cars

Posted Images

And now...

Back to our originally scheduled program.

Buy now.

Got Mr Brown bringing me ammo and Mr Purple bringing a Yugo underfolder.  Not sure who's bringing the mags.  Probably Mr Blue and White.

And I am badly tempted to snag an M214 from Royal Tiger too.  Elections are coming and then the EOs.  Will he wave his hand and bring back the "assault weapon" ban?  Will he command universal background checks?  Will he magically require background checks for ammo and mags too?  Will he declare that all sales of "assault weapons" be reported to Big Brother?

Nothing will surprise me.  From his point of view he can't lose.  Throw out a hundred unconstitutional orders and if 90 of them get struck down he still won 10 unconstitutional infringements he couldn't get through congress.

If you could pull the lever on the slot machine for free, wouldn't you?  And there are no consequences for him to spin the wheel.  So get ready to play Wheel of Tyranny!  There's no way the asshole can lose.  There's no way you and I can win.

And the courts are pretty slimy the way they throw out cases saying nobody has "standing" even though it's goddamn obvious it infringes ALL of us.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

And now...

Back to our originally scheduled program.

Buy now.

Got Mr Brown bringing me ammo and Mr Purple bringing a Yugo underfolder.  Not sure who's bringing the mags.  Probably Mr Blue and White.

And I am badly tempted to snag an M214 from Royal Tiger too.  Elections are coming and then the EOs.  Will he wave his hand and bring back the "assault weapon" ban?  Will he command universal background checks?  Will he magically require background checks for ammo and mags too?  Will he declare that all sales of "assault weapons" be reported to Big Brother?

Nothing will surprise me.  From his point of view he can't lose.  Throw out a hundred unconstitutional orders and if 90 of them get struck down he still won 10 unconstitutional infringements he couldn't get through congress.

If you could pull the lever on the slot machine for free, wouldn't you?  And there are no consequences for him to spin the wheel.  So get ready to play Wheel of Tyranny!  There's no way the asshole can lose.  There's no way you and I can win.

And the courts are pretty slimy the way they throw out cases saying nobody has "standing" even though it's goddamn obvious it infringes ALL of us.

I concur Saigus.

I'm ordering today.

The thing at the border (no I haven't forgotten any of the other offenses) has pushed my foil to the limit.  He's literally throwing shit at the wall with the guarantee that at least some of it will stick.  I don't give a shit if he signs an EO right now.  The illegal problem will be with us for years.

I'm scared guys.  The shit is going to happen.  He has overloaded all of our vital systems and now the border is a literal invasion.  His border bull shit has turned white/hispanic Americans against each other.  If the rag heads were smart, they'd be cruising across the border unabated right now with any and all materials needed to take us down. 

The shit he will have to pull to take attention off of the border problem is going to have to be mind blowing.  He does not fix things.  He creates chaos, then moves on to the next thing while full attention is elsewhere then creates total chaos again.

Here's another example of ridiculous low prices.  Kahr CT9 ($499 msrp) on Gallery of Guns for $260.  eyes_droped.gif

New Romanian 75rd drums at SGA for $65.  Had to snag another one of those.  And threw in a case of PMC and few boxes of the Speer +P+ Gold Dot 9mm for the wife's new 9.

The deals are just everywhere.  This is the result of the panic.  The demand shot up and now most have everything they need or want so demand is down.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

Fuel is the hardest to store long term.  Food, water, and medicine takes a little effort but is doable for periods of a few years.  So you just have to rotate stock.

As far as fuel, propane is storable but that option is very expensive.

The only fuel storage I concern myself with is enough to fill the tank of the pickup.  That gets me out of Phoenix and into the mountains.  Summer in Phoenix without power will be a death zone.

Old gas can be refurbed by bubbling some butane through it.   Those light components of gasoline are needed for starting, but once started, old gas can keep it running.  Prep a few cans of butane, a hose, and an airstone. 

Store only premium no ethanol gas.  E10-+ can be a water hazard.

Fuel is the hardest to store long term.  Food, water, and medicine takes a little effort but is doable for periods of a few years.  So you just have to rotate stock.

As far as fuel, propane is storable but that option is very expensive.

The only fuel storage I concern myself with is enough to fill the tank of the pickup.  That gets me out of Phoenix and into the mountains.  Summer in Phoenix without power will be a death zone.

Not propane... You're good for decades on it! Propane generator = not a bad idea.

Problem with a propane generator or any generator is that you can't possibly have enough fuel for long term.

Solar panels and battery storage are better in the long run.  Well cared for, batteries will last a long time.  And there will be a shitload of batteries available when all the cars run out of gas.

Problem with a propane generator or any generator is that you can't possibly have enough fuel for long term.

Solar panels and battery storage are better in the long run.  Well cared for, batteries will last a long time.  And there will be a shitload of batteries available when all the cars run out of gas.

I suppose your definition of long term may differ from mine, but I have a 500 gallon propane tank sitting outside my house right now. 1000 gallon tanks aren't uncommon either. That would be months and months of generator use if rationed with some sense.

If any unrest goes on for longer than that we're all going to need some tricks from the Native American lifestyle...

I have a plan to turn the cars alternators into wind driven battery chargers in a SHTF situation, living on the water here there is plenty of wind. Also...everyone still needs to take shit= methane for cooking, and possible heat source.

I've already gone the solar route. It is pricey to get started but pays for itself in no time. I just really get a kick out of free energy.

I'll  sit there on a nice sunny day with a cold refreshment and just watch my solar meter continue to rise and charge my batteries. I really get tickled pink watching

that shit. Free energy from the sun is fascinating to me. Of course you don't get shit when the sun isn't shining, thats the only drawback. 

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH
  • Like 1

I've already gone the solar route. It is pricey to get started but pays for itself in no time. I just really get a kick out of free energy.

I'll  sit there on a nice sunny day with a cold refreshment and just watch my solar meter continue to rise and charge my batteries. I really get tickled pink watching

that shit. Free energy from the sun is fascinating to me. Of course you don't get shit when the sun isn't shining, thats the only drawback. 

I would honestly like to hear your real world numbers on savings vs. cost for your solar system. I've always heard people say "it's great!" but when I look at the prices of the equipment I'm left wondering just how long the payback is...

I would honestly like to hear your real world numbers on savings vs. cost for your solar system. I've always heard people say "it's great!" but when I look at the prices of the equipment I'm left wondering just how long the payback is...

I have a small system and use it only for lights, computer, power tools , small fridge. It doesn't sound like much but to be able to power all that stuff for free adds up over time, not to mention

the independence  from the grid.( that alone is priceless to me). I live in a 900 square ft house so I don't need much. Now if your talking powering a whole  3000 square foot house then yes a system like that can run in the $100,000 of dollars. I have about $3000 in my system and it runs everything I need except an air conditioner or a dryer/heater. My city electric bill last month was $22. So I'm more than happy with my set up. Not to mention my whole system is portable so If I want to hit the road in my van the free power comes along.

I suppose your definition of long term may differ from mine, but I have a 500 gallon propane tank sitting outside my house right now. 1000 gallon tanks aren't uncommon either. That would be months and months of generator use if rationed with some sense.

If any unrest goes on for longer than that we're all going to need some tricks from the Native American lifestyle...

If you have the luxury of a 500 gallon tank and it's full you can stretch a small generator to over 1,000 hours.  That is certainly months of use if rationed.

So you can pat yourself on the back for having that available.  Most don't. 

But my solar panels will be working years after the last drop of propane has been used up.

Obviously we could argue about what to prep until the end of time.  (And they do on the prepper boards.)

The biggest problem I have with a generator is the noise.  A week after civilization collapses the engines will have stopped.  The sound of a running engine will bring everyone within hearing.  The beggars and the bandits.  So I recommend running a quiet muffler.

Of course none of this is the topic of the thread.  Which is guns, ammo, and mags.

It's time to buy.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Maybe we should start a thread on preppers ideas. I'm already semi living on the agenda. My dream is to get out of the city and off the grid /water/gas.

Not really prepping for doomsday, it's just something I've always wanted to do. Independence from utilities.

Of course then I would be considered  as a Terrorist by the Liberals. They don't want you to to live for free.

If you have the luxury of a 500 gallon tank and it's full you can stretch a small generator to over 1,000 hours.  That is certainly months of use if rationed.

So you can pat yourself on the back for having that available.  Most don't. 

But my solar panels will be working years after the last drop of propane has been used up.

Obviously we could argue about what to prep until the end of time.  (And they do on the prepper boards.)

It's not a luxury or a pat myself on the back situation. Out in the country propane is everywhere. Its what we use to run our furnaces in the winter so the giant tank is a necessity for most of us. I've heard the argument both ways on propane vs. solar for longevity and you're right, it can rage on forever. That wasn't the intent of my original mention of propane. My intent was that its a viable fuel that can be stored for long periods of time (decades in fact). As I said, lots of us in the country are already 100% ready to go for it so for some people it makes a lot of sense.

It was brought up so I threw it out there. I'm not trying to hi-jack or argue. We can start a new thread if someone wants to talk more about these things. I just wanted to finish my point before moving on.

but Im out on a ranch 750 acres(very small)

your adorable.rolleyes.gif laugh.png

Trust me ..thats tiny

Out here ranches can be 100 sq mles

My house is 900 square feet and takes up half my lot. How ya like me now.11_7_104v.gif

Less is more in my world.  Also, my house was built in 1890, yes 1890.

while some of his video may be true, publicly posting about it is only going to give businesses the heads up to raise their prices.

"Ok, there threads and videos out there saying all is as good as its going to get so buy buy buy!!!"

More threads like this pop up, more business's see it and raise their prices. Where as if we just kept quite about it, business as usual, they would have never seen us coming and we could possibly get even better deals.

Instead of 7.62x39 and other ammo dropping below $200 shipped or even record low prices, now I am sure a trend of buying will start to show and demand will start to increase and cost will go back up. way to go. Glad you got pre 1st term obama prices again. 

Why dont we let the democrats and liberals know too so they can start to write their congressmen and use this against us too. "Oh, those crazy right wing extremists are stock piling ammo and guns again. Gonna shoot up more schools and parade around Target's showing off their Assault weapons of mass destruction." 

We dont need a youtube video to state the obvious. Yes we know AK prices are down. Yes we know ammo and AR prices are down. If you aren't adept enough to know this and need a youtube video to tell you then well.........

Maybe im wrong

I hate when I am right. 

Unfortunately people cant tell the difference between 7n6 and 5.45 commercial so I am sure this will ensue and all out panic again. What Kalashnikovs are banned, that means all ak's are banned" blah blah blah, panic, prices through the roof, here we go again. 

1st business to price gouge and have been put on my list to never buy from: 

ROYAL TIGER IMPORTS, price for the Vepr1V went from $999 at 6am this morning to $1299 sometime shortly after. FUCK YOU ASSHOLES!

Edited by AZG

Business is business. When supply is plentiful prices are low. When supply is cut off prices go up.

This argument has gone on forever and will go on forever. What is anything worth? The answer couldn't be simpler. Anything is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Today there are people willing to pay more for a Vepr than yesterday.

And no amount of foot stomping or list making is going to change basic economics.

• Like 3