Flash Hider for S12

It won't suppress flash or recoil, but it does look cool. IMO the main value is protecting your muzzle from a fall in the dirt. It would work as a breaching standoff if you feel like using a shotgun to break into your own house.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the slotted flash hider I got for my Saiga-12. I tried to match the slotted barrel shroud I added. I like how it turned out. smile.png

Does it have any functionality as a flash hider or muzzle brake or is it just for looks?

I like it because it looks cool, but it's strictly a flash hider and door breach device. You can use it to punch holes in doors by jamming your gun into the door. I suppose you'd give the door a few blasts, then jam the jagged teeth on the end into the door to tear up the door to get inside (or outside).

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/product_p/dph-s12-phantom.htm

Edited by MR_22

Here's the slotted flash hider I got for my Saiga-12. I tried to match the slotted barrel shroud I added. I like how it turned out. smile.png

Does it have any functionality as a flash hider or muzzle brake or is it just for looks?

I like it because it looks cool, but it's strictly a flash hider and door breach device. You can use it to punch holes in doors by jamming your gun into the door. I suppose you'd give the door a few blasts, then jam the jagged teeth on the end into the door to tear up the door to get inside (or outside).

We manufacture that F/H....it is NOT intended to be used as a "breacher".

Scott

• Like 1

Scott

LOL. Well, congrats on the flash hider. It was the one I liked best when looking around. And I liked how it kinda-sorta matched the slotted barrel shroud that I got.

I got the info about it being a door breacher at the Carolina Shooters Supply link above. I didn't buy it for that purpose, though. I bought it mostly because it made my S12 look better. Funny they are marketing it as such.

The DPH flashider/ choke adapter would be one of my top pics. I fully intend to buy one to replace the MD flash hider I traded for an autoplug. I think about 10/10 people who handled the gun commented on how cool it looked. While ultimately a '74 comp would look better to me, it was a very good look on the gun. DPH one is visually interchangable IMO. I am sure you could tell them apart side by side, but the visual impact is the same. Adding the ability to take winchokes is a huge plus.

Scott

Good legal definition. I have used it for bolts, chain, trees, fencing, studs and a bunch of other stuff with no problem whatsoever. It works perfectly. It does not hide any flash. Do not try this at home. smile.png

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 1

There ARE effective"" flash hider/sound suppressors" available that are legal and affordable. They are called barrel extensions. This is a LONG (up to 3') thin  extension  barrels that use screw in choke threads. These are apparently made for the 1% that have skeet/trap ranges in the Hamptons or other high dollar places. The extra length allows all of the powder to burn IN the barrel, and the pressure to drop before the wad leaves the end. They make the retort small enough that their neighbors do not complain about the noise. The down side is that a shotgun with a 5' or 6' barrel is a bit unwieldy!'

• 2 weeks later...