Fuken zombie just unloaded for rounds from a .40 cal. three houses up the street. Some young guy riding his bike down the street may have been their intended target, thank God they missed him. Cops showed up and said they were a few blocks away investigating four shots fired into a house there. I'm pretty sure that my wife will never question me having the .45 sitting on the end table in the living room after this. I've been watching our neighborhood changing over the past five years, I will not expound any further as any further remarks could be construed as racist.

There were 15 shootings in the city of Norfolk over the 4th of July weekend, some old woman was shot in the hand when she went to her door to see what she thought was fireworks. Our only hope is that the commies in charge don't succeed in disarming us  amazing.gif

• Like 1

You hate to see good people run out of a once decent neighborhood, but there comes a time to cut the strings if you have to. No amount of pride of ownership or believing in community works is going to turn it around once it get started. My parents did that a few years ago.

Sorry your neighborhood is turning to crap, AA (and I mean that sincerely).

• Like 1

You only have to look at the white house to see what happens when the black community moves in.  There are of course exceptions to this, but I firmly believe that the generation of these exceptions is dying off.

Call me what you want.  I'm one of the few that will outwardly admit that I will not live around them.  I keep a close eye on 99% of them when they are near me out in public.  I have no need for most of them in my life.  Been there, done that.  They have earned my contempt.

This is not a blanket statement.  If you are a good person, I don't give a shit what color you are.  But, I'm getting to the age that my tolerance has worn out and I refuse to deal with the bull shit that comes with them.

AA,  I hate like hell that this is happening to you.  Shortly after my debut on this forum, Co was attacked by gun grabbers.  You AA wanted me to move to VA as you had a good thing going.  I'm only bringing this up to show the happiness and pride you had in living there.

I'm not going to be one of those that tells you to move away from you job and family.  I hate when people here jump right in and say that shit.  But!  If the infestation continues, you may at some point have to decide how worth it living there is to you and your family.  

Please take care AA.  

Don’t know if I could readjust to town life with more events per week going on around me than I see in a few years.

I keep a shotgun ready at the house mostly for no legged things with a rattle that slither into the dog yard. The dogs are our 1st line of defense. Figure it will also work for most other 2 or 4 legged stuff that might show up too.

I live far enough off the beaten path that if I have a real problem I’ve got a pretty good wait time for flashing lights to show up. Being out in the sticks has it’s good points in that not much happens, boring can be a good thing and it’s bad points in if it does you’re pretty much on your own.

I also keep a mag or so loaded for sitting out a long wait time.

You can't even see my house from the dirt road I live on.

As the story goes I could sit out on my front porch naked eating strawberries smoking a joint and no one but the dogs would ever know. Thank God I’m a country boy.

post-26137-0-89930100-1405083136_thumb.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • Like 3

My wife used to question why I always had a firearm within my reach until that incident last year with the three idiots who got into the house. Ever since that day, her attitude about firearms, ammo and other necessities has been one of "it's better to have and not need, than need and not have". Keep that 45 close.

• Like 4

Might have been black or blue berries (they grow around here) memory gets a little fuzzy at times.

Point being if you’re living in an area with more crap going on than you’re happy with as others have said if you can get the hell out.

There are draw backs to living in the sticks like the longer drive to work but when you’re home not much is going to bother you. In the long run it can be a real good thing.

I would suggest you honk a couple of times on the dirt road before you drive up to my house especially if the wife and kids are with you. amazing.gif 

• Like 1

Yeah I guess chickens can come home to roost in different ways, so at this point I would like to offer all of you folks that I told to "move the hell out" an apology, it just isn't so easy to do that. Big John, and you folks up in New York.....I get it, and I'm sorry for all the shit I gave you. Sue and I are too far invested in our jobs/careers, and too old now, to start thinking about leaving Virginia, besides it's still VERY gun friendly here. What sucks is that we/I have so much invested in this property we live on, it's a little oasis in the city, I could never do it again. Retirement years are coming for us and we have always planned to spend those years on our little oasis here, that will now be reevaluated. The fucked up thing about this is that people move into this neighborhood to get away from the madness they live in, and the madness follows them, or their kids just grow up. It will be interesting to hear what Sue has to say about it this weekend, I'll be sure to fill y'all in laugh.png   I do realize that there comes a point where you just have no choice but to cut and run, we all have to decide where that point is for ourselves.

• Like 4

AA when you drive down your street and see a bunch of people at some point you've got to figure who you want to be around over a period of years. Any and all neighborhoods have cycles of people moving in and out but when they get to a low point it tends to gets worse before it gets better. Depending on your property value now in town you might be able to sell and get a pretty nice spot out of town and be money ahead. That's why people sell up north and move south to retire the big differences in the cost of buying. Any way good luck with it.

post-26137-0-37682100-1405090559_thumb.png

post-26137-0-03110600-1405090574.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • Like 1

Fuken zombie just unloaded for rounds from a .40 cal. three houses up the street. Some young guy riding his bike down the street may have been their intended target, thank God they missed him. Cops showed up and said they were a few blocks away investigating four shots fired into a house there. I'm pretty sure that my wife will never question me having the .45 sitting on the end table in the living room after this. I've been watching our neighborhood changing over the past five years, I will not expound any further as any further remarks could be construed as racist.

There were 15 shootings in the city of Norfolk over the 4th of July weekend, some old woman was shot in the hand when she went to her door to see what she thought was fireworks. Our only hope is that the commies in charge don't succeed in disarming us  amazing.gif

.45 is for fighting your way back to the rifle. you have a saiga, use it!

sorry you live in that environment. let them thin the herd. natural selection comes back in all sorts of strange ways.

commies in charge would never disarm us. they have no global power. they only reason people think this cracker jack administration has any power is because of their mind washing exposure to television.

hell, i hope they try to disarm us before I get too old to fight at a high speed level.

.45 is for fighting your way back to the rifle. you have a saiga, use it!

sorry you live in that environment. let them thin the herd. natural selection comes back in all sorts of strange ways.

commies in charge would never disarm us. they have no global power. they only reason people think this cracker jack administration has any power is because of their mind washing exposure to television.

hell, i hope they try to disarm us before I get too old to fight at a high speed level.

Yeah....I have several Saigas, and a very nice Ruger 762 also, I will not hesitate. Hell....the VZ-58 (with HP rounds of coursebiggrin.png ) will do a fine job for up-close work ohmy.png   Yes sir, I know exactly what my pistol is intended for.

• Like 1

We had the same problem, the old people sold out to the get rich quick people during the real estate boom here in FL. When every thing went south You could not sell anything and what you did have was worth half as much . So they started renting the house around us to Real Crap.  Gangs drug bust you name it.

They even beat the shit out of somebody right in front of my house. It did not take long for my wife to understand, got training and then bought her first gun.

Things are better now we all have gotten together and cleaned a lot of it up.

• Like 1

AA when you drive down your street and see a bunch of people at some point you've got to figure who you want to be around over a period of years. Any and all neighborhoods have cycles of people moving in and out but when they get to a low point it tends to gets worse before it gets better. Depending on your property value now in town you might be able to sell and get a pretty nice spot out of town and be money ahead. That's why people sell up north and move south to retire the big differences in the cost of buying. Any way good luck with it.

I don't want to see EITHER crowd... ALL people are problems waiting to happen. My life goal is to retire on 30 acres or more. I'm hoping I can literally BUY a peaceful life and its a sad statement in this country that you pretty much have to do just that.

As far as the talks of nakedness and snakes and shotguns... Don't get confused!

• Like 3

Yeah I guess chickens can come home to roost in different ways, so at this point I would like to offer all of you folks that I told to "move the hell out" an apology, it just isn't so easy to do that. Big John, and you folks up in New York.....I get it, and I'm sorry for all the shit I gave you. Sue and I are too far invested in our jobs/careers, and too old now, to start thinking about leaving Virginia, besides it's still VERY gun friendly here. What sucks is that we/I have so much invested in this property we live on, it's a little oasis in the city, I could never do it again. Retirement years are coming for us and we have always planned to spend those years on our little oasis here, that will now be reevaluated. The fucked up thing about this is that people move into this neighborhood to get away from the madness they live in, and the madness follows them, or their kids just grow up. It will be interesting to hear what Sue has to say about it this weekend, I'll be sure to fill y'all in laugh.png   I do realize that there comes a point where you just have no choice but to cut and run, we all have to decide where that point is for ourselves.

No worries AA.

I don't really look at it as cutting and running.  You may find come retirement time that a change of scenery is a good thing.  Selling your "oasis" may put a chunk of change in your pocket as well.

Either way, I'm guessing you haven't hit the time that a critical decision needs to be made in a hurry.  Make sure yourself and Sue stay safe and if it comes time to hit the road, you'll be sick enough of the BS that you'll actually welcome it.

• Like 1

AA, if the gun is sitting on the table, that's your first mistake. Mine gets put in my holster, on my waist when I get up, and does not come off, until I take a shower at night, and then, it's within reach, after that, it's siting on the arm of my recliner. Bed time, it's tucked right beside me, between the water bed mattress and the side board. Oh, did I forget the G19 in the head board, the double barrel 20 gauge beside the head board, and the wife's Judge on her side. It's a fucking SHAME that you have to be like this in your own home, but these damn thugs have more rights than we do, I WORKED AND PAID FOR MY STUFF, I DIDN'T STEAL SHIT FROM ANYONE, but to hear Barry say it, "you didn't build that".

Stay safe my friend, protect you and yours at all cost, because nobody will do it for you, they'll only take it away from you.

The old saying "when seconds count, the cops are minutes away",  HERE, when seconds count, the cops are about an hour away. We just need a Duncan Donuts near here.  :)

And it seems like only a couple years ago you were saying I should move......bad_smile.gif

Crow tastes like shit wacko.png......See post #14.

Most cities have these sort of problems now, but for now we still have our "unregistered Assault Weapons" and "High Capacity Mags".....For now.

And it seems like only a couple years ago you were saying I should move......bad_smile.gif

Crow tastes like shit wacko.png......See post #14.

Most cities have these sort of problems now, but for now we still have our "unregistered Assault Weapons" and "High Capacity Mags".....For now.

Shhhhh.... .*whispers* So don't we.

As I'm reading this, a suspicious vehicle rolls up and parks across the street, turns his lights off, and engine off but, lucky for him (it would have made it more suspicious), stayed in the vehicle. Totally out of the norm, for my neighborhood at 10:00 PM.

I went inside, loaded my .45 and left it on the kitchen table.

Finally found the number for the local sheriff's dept. when I came back out to see if he was still there, he left, after sitting for almost 40 minutes. I didn't see any lights or activity inside (maybe he was getting a BJ, I hope).

Being a smoker, I can identify 95% of the vehicles that drive by my house and where they belong.

I AM the "neighborhood watch" for my street.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 2

We've had some minor trouble in our neighborhood, mostly "youths" that have strayed from their hood over to ours.

No shots fired yet. It happens a mile or two away though. Just dreading the day that crap starts up around here.

My neighbor across the street and I watch things pretty close. I think the cops get tired of me calling, I call probably

three times a year or so it seems. It's always for valid stuff though, not for BS reasons.

Last time It was several "youths" wearing ID badges around their necks (I'm guessing fake) in a mini-van with no plates

going around casing the block. Couple of them walking up to the houses. The one took off running when he saw me on

the phone through the window blinds. What exactly was he trying to sell if he runs when he sees a potential sale?

None of them had clip boards or order pads either. The "youths" got spooked and flagged down the mini-van driver and

they left quickly. Called the cops again and gave their direction. Deputies arrived 20 minutes later, told them the story.

The young deputies shrugged it off, asked me to call the non emergency number for "solicitor calls" and left. Nice.

This after a series of minor burglaries in our neighborhood. This is not good if there is little to no police interest when

we call them on this stuff. The deputies were only a little more interested when I called that I was watching a guy break

into my neighbors house at 3am. Only took them 9 minutes to get there that time. Still too late. Neighbor lost $400 cash

and had a broken window. I'll still keep calling when I see things.

We have to keep watch and make it as uncomfortable as possible for the thugs and "youths" when "they in our hood".

Hopefully things quiet down in your hood AA.

As I'm reading this, a suspicious vehicle rolls up and parks across the street, turns his lights off, and engine off but, lucky for him (it would have made it more suspicious), stayed in the vehicle. Totally out of the norm, for my neighborhood at 10:00 PM.

I went inside, loaded my .45 and left it on the kitchen table.

Why is your gun not loaded?  Why the kitchen table and not on your person?

The time it took for you to load could have ended poorly for you had they noticed you were watching and decided you were gonna be the home invasion target.

Same for the kitchen table.  If you think you can get from the couch to the table in time right after the door is broken in, you are sorely mistaken sir.

I live in a "door unlocked" type of neighborhood and I'm still not comfortable without it.  Once my gun is holstered in the morning, I don't even know it's there.  It's with me whether I'm going to the store, or sitting and watching tv.

• Like 1