Army Looking to Replace M9 With More "Knock Down Power"

Give a SOCOM a sharpened stick and he'll find a way to kill the enemy with it.  If you ask a real operator (which excludes everybody on the internet) how many shots he'll fire on a single target with a 9mm I'm betting the answer is never less than 3.  I'm also betting he'll ask you why he can't use his rifle.  And with his rifle he's probably going to use a double tap.

The most likely user for a handgun is a pogue.  They're not going to train with their sidearm enough to make even 1 reliable hit, much less triple taps.  They also won't learn to clear malfunctions, or even clean it.  So we need a handgun that aims and fires itself, stops in 1 hit every time, has no recoil, and never needs cleaning.  Simple.

I would still bet we don't go away from 9mm NATO. You former Military guys remember being taught about NATO headstamps on ammo? I think that is the main reason we will stick with it. Just like why our former Eastern Bloc NATO allies are running 5.56 AKMs. NATO supply chain!

Weapons training in today's Military is far better than what you are referring to Darth, even for the Pouges. A controlled pair is the standard today fyi with both pistols and long guns. .40 and .45 are not necessarily one shot stop calibers either. Any agency using those calibers are training controlled pairs and failure to stop drills. They are pistol not rifle calibers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want what ever will give our boys the best advantage.

Seems to me it's a helluva lot more patriotic to give our troops the best available, no matter where it's made.   Obviously we need to trust the country we're buying from so china or iran aren't goi

The caliber should start with a 4........

Posted Images

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/army-handgun-weapon-criminals-162100885.html

This "news story" is a stunning collection of half-truths and anti-gun propaganda.

There’s a new semi-automatic handgun on the horizon for the Army that U.S. consumers may have access to almost immediately. When that happens, America’s emergency rooms better be prepared for the carnage that’s likely to follow.

Evidently the Army is going to adopt armor-piercing explosive incendiary homing projectiles for the new pistol and we're going to get them too.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/army-handgun-weapon-criminals-162100885.html

This "news story" is a stunning collection of half-truths and anti-gun propaganda.

There’s a new semi-automatic handgun on the horizon for the Army that U.S. consumers may have access to almost immediately. When that happens, America’s emergency rooms better be prepared for the carnage that’s likely to follow.

Evidently the Army is going to adopt armor-piercing explosive incendiary homing projectiles for the new pistol and we're going to get them too.

Does she get any slack or points for being pokeable? unsure.png

post-88-0-07009000-1406674658.jpg