Well I left the 'fold' in 2009 for the 'AR' demons.. Got a VEPR 54R for abit, and got rid of that in 2012 for $1400 all decked out..

Got a good deal on the Yugo M70AB2 UF for $525 with 6 mags NIB..

Pics tomorrow.. me and buddy ordered 2 of them.. I get to pick mine 1st..  smile.png

Small rebuild/mods coming.. stay tuned..

Yes. CAI.. Stiff and just a hair off..

The sights are straight..

Just shot 80 rounds with it.. no FTF.. just a 'hair' low and left from the factory..

Shot 2 rounds with 'grenade sight' up to cut off the gas.. makes it a single shot.. worked well also..

Sight tool is inbound for Friday..   smile.png

Edited by YWHIC

Well I scored the other Yugo mag from my buddy and gave him 1 Romanian.

So 2 Yugo, 1 Tapco (rought side), 4 Tapco (slabs), 3 Romanian surplus.. total of 10..

I didn't know the factory grip was going to be big.. I thought a 'popsicle stick' was coming.. so I ordered the MagPul one when I ordered the rifle..

Better shot of the Formby's 'Tung Oil' shine...

shiny.jpg

Sight adjustment tool came in the mail today as well.. woot woot..  LoL

I've found my CAI gun to be really nice. I think time have changed or at least their yugos are nice!

Your furniture is looking DOPE!

I straighted my folder by locking the butt end between by feet and twisting it until I liked it. Worked like a charm. No more rubbing when folded!

FWIW.... I have a yugo bayonet I may like to sell if you may like to buy it. PM me.

Edited by Maxwelhse

from everything I have read over the years, the Century Yugos have always been great.. I believe they contracted the building out to Two Rivers Arms, who are pretty well known for their Yugo builds.

• Like 1

from everything I have read over the years, the Century Yugos have always been great.. I believe they contracted the building out to Two Rivers Arms, who are pretty well known for their Yugo builds.

Only a small number of them. 200 if memory serves. Iirc century went another direction. I searched high and low trying to get my hands on one. To no avail might I add.

FWIW, I wouldn't hesitate to buy my CAI Yugo again in a heartbeat for a "normal" price. If you want one, go for it.The fit and finish on mine isn't quite as good as my Saiga (and I say that knowing that you don't get into AKs for fit and finish, but I think the Saiga is pretty dang good for an AK), but is WAAAY better than any WASR type gun I've ever seen and its on par or better than most of the AKs I've handled (which isn't loads and loads...). Rivets are good, gas block is dead straight, folder is tight and locks up like a vise, G2 feels good in it, bolt operates like it should, paint is "good" but about what you would expect for a $500 kit gun. Came with 2 decent looking surplus Yugo mags (coulda cashed those out once or twice). Not much to complain about with it. I seriously doubt its one of the 200 built by that company.

Have you looked at the CAI Yugos in the store and found them to be off in some way? Maybe my standards are too low?

If you have seen a specific thing I can check mine over and shoot some pics if you like. I've owned it, new, since 2009/2010... Somewhere in there.

Edited by Maxwelhse