Saiga 308 Grip Hole Location

Was wondering if anybody has a source for specific dimensions on where the pistol grip nut hole is supposed to be located on the .308? I know often times you guys say that "there's plenty of info on conversions...etc.", but not necessarily true (from what I've found) on the .308 platform. At most, I've only ever located perhaps 2 .308 specific conversion videos, and the only one I remember, the guy used a DIY trigger guard with a built in PG nut. I've even tried searching these forums for conversion info specific to the .308, and not too much turns up. Anyways, if anybody has any information, that'd be great and much appreciated, but I ask that you verify the information to be true before posting. Don't want to cut the wrong area. That'd suck. Pictures definitely helpful, too. Thanks a ton!

~Forsaken

big_smile.gif

Well, I haven't actually got the rifle yet. Should be here today. I'm just trying to get together information in case I need to for when I get ready to convert it. I will probably hold off on the conversion for just a little bit in case anything malfunctions due to factory error and it needs returned, but again, just gathering information. My last .308 did not have the grip hole cut, but I believe it was test fired back in 07, so who knows, they might have started cutting them since then?

You should just buy the trigger guard with integrated pg nut from Dinzag, its 22 bucks and that way you wont have to cut your receiver. Or better yet just get the Dinzag .308 conversion kit and it will be included.

This is the route I took with mine, it was very simple and I've changed the grip three times with no problems'. It has the Hogue grip on it right now 000.gif

I highly recommend the Dinzag kit, I've done three conversions with his kits and never had a problem.

Haha! Just got my first look at it. Already has the cut. This will be the easiest conversion ever. The only thing to do beforehand is send some rounds down range, make sure everything's alright, then it's off to the garage with it. big_smile.gif