russian sanctions hitting closer to home?

Hoping this isn't true as it may affect us all here. Anyone see anything to corroborate what cnn is saying in regards to the ruskie small arms companies?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/16/politics/ukraine-russia-sanctions/

"In addition, the new sanctions freeze any U.S. assets and prohibit American business contacts for eight Russian arms companies that make weapons, including small arms, mortars and surface-to-air missiles. Also covered is the Kalashnikov Concern, maker of the AK-47 and other arms."

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont really see it as a push against Russia, but rather an excuse to put sanctions against the 2nd Amendment. We should have seen this coming with the 5.45 ban.

Look over here at a television full of images showing death and airplanes flying over contested territory on the east side of Ukraine. While you're busy, we will be taking away your rights. Don't pay

I will proceed on the assumption that Russian ammo is included in the ban. If it isn't then it's a stroke of the pen to "fix" that (from the emperor's point of view).   And if I'm completely wrong

Putin seems to understand more about our political situation than most Americans...

At a news conference in Brazil, Putin said through a translator: "They are undermining the positions of their energy companies." He said, "They made one mistake, and now they insist on making another one."

Sooo... Putin isn't a pussy and isn't going to be backing down. I officially call for the beginning of this round of panic buying!

Also, King Barry could pretty easily remove all of these sanctions at a later date, EXCEPT the firearms companies, and never hear boo about it.

Edited by Maxwelhse

No crystal ball. However, when events reach a certain stage and level and if the August Administration can kill two or more Constitutional issues with one stroke of his evil pen, he may do so. The timing may not be quite right yet. Soon enough the time will be correct and ALL military type imports from Russia AND EUROPE may be frozen and stopped. Just my read. HB of CJ (old coot)

What that will do to the value of in country Saigas and other AK type rifles, plus Russian ammo and accessories is anybodys guess. sad.pngsad.png

prohibit American business contacts for eight Russian arms companies that make weapons, including small arms, mortars and surface-to-air missiles

ah, boys you do realize  that TULA, manufacturer of WOLF ....  isn't just a ammunition manufacturer, at least I hope you didn't , but they also make small arms etc....

what's that mean boys?  lets hear it, let the panic buying begin

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

I officially call for the beginning of this round of panic buying!

Buddy you're already eating my dust. Why did I just buy another AK and 2600 rounds of ammo and rifle mags and pistol mags and another drum?

Cause it's a buyer's market and I don't think it will be much longer.

• Like 2

I officially call for the beginning of this round of panic buying!

Buddy you're already eating my dust. Why did I just buy another AK and 2600 rounds of ammo and rifle mags and pistol mags and another drum?

Cause it's a buyer's market and I don't think it will be much longer.

What you're doing is the opposite of panic buying. THIS will start the panic. :)

Russia doesnt give a shit what our government idiots do to sanction them and they dont give a shit if they import anything to USA.  We the consumers will be the ones hurt. Along with our own economy. The world is laughing while we do nothing but throw words that mean nothing.

• Like 1

Well that sucks..

Guess these Saiga .308/12 gauge mags will be hanging around longer than expected. Same goes for the Vepr stuff.

Looks like I've got some months/years of worrying ahead of me.

So does anyone think this will affect the Molot and the Vepr line??

I have more detail on the language of the sanctions:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/07/foghorn/breaking-obama-administration-bans-import-izhmash-kalashnikov-saiga-firearms/

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20140716.aspx

All I am seeing is the Kalashnikov Concern by name, and other Izhmash research companies.

Thoughts?

So does anyone think this will affect the Molot and the Vepr line??

I have more detail on the language of the sanctions:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/07/foghorn/breaking-obama-administration-bans-import-izhmash-kalashnikov-saiga-firearms/

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20140716.aspx

All I am seeing is the Kalashnikov Concern by name, and other Izhmash research companies.

Thoughts?

It will likely be ALL of them.

Well that sucks..

Guess these Saiga .308/12 gauge mags will be hanging around longer than expected. Same goes for the Vepr stuff.

Looks like I've got some months/years of worrying ahead of me.

Well, I'll be buying a 308 mag or two sometime in the future... Been meaning to ask, though, what made you decide on 8rd. mags for the 12? The 10 rounders go fast enough as it is... Just wonderin'.. big_smile.gif

Well, I'll be buying a 308 mag or two sometime in the future... Been meaning to ask, though, what made you decide on 8rd. mags for the 12? The 10 rounders go fast enough as it is... Just wonderin'.. big_smile.gif

Stamping force. 10 rd had been 1-2% past max safe operating pressure on the old press. Currently I can form both sides of a 10 rd at the same time, but the press is still being converted to our tolerances and bolt patterns.

Izhmash had their chance to open up a US factory and didn't. Oh well.

the politics of guns swings so wildly here in this country, that I don't blame them one bit for not opening a factory here.

what could be good to go one year ( selling "evil guns") in a few years may not be. then where will they be? a  factory with  products  they won't be able to  sell.  unlike other gun manufacturers here who can fall back on selling  their products to LE, Gov't entities, etc...  none of those agencies  will be buying AKs.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Going to hug my pre 08 S12 tonight. I presume that mag availability will take a temporary dip with the panic then stabilize, since we have many domestic manufacturers now, and I'm imagining a replacement parts industry to get under way if this lasts for any length of time. 

• Like 1

Going to hug my pre 08 S12 tonight. I presume that mag availability will take a temporary dip with the panic then stabilize, since we have many domestic manufacturers now, and I'm imagining a replacement parts industry to get under way if this lasts for any length of time.

This could actually have a positive impact on domestic manufacturing.

• Like 1