russian sanctions hitting closer to home?

"An AK talks, and bullshit runs..."

Russian firearms have been banned for the entire duration of the Barry/Hitlary "dynasty". This shit is going to stick. We should all be thankful we got in when we did no matter what we paid. I just wish I had the funds to get a VEPR x54R on the way today. I'm glad there are vandors like R&R and Cssspecs to kept us in parts and mags for the foreseeable future.

Not everyone's taste, but...

"Freedom got an AK!"

RIP AK, RIP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvR-comjpJI

and yes... I've listened to both of these songs with my AK platforms on my lap...

Sent this to my congressman,,,

"The executive order recently passed down by the president vastly cripples the freedom of the people in Indiana to purchase firearms of Russian manufacture. Obama's recent sanctions again Russia do little more than annoy Putin and further advance his anti-gun agenda that has been crystal clear during his second term.

I expect a wide spread congressional outrage over these events and I hope that you lead the charge,"
Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont really see it as a push against Russia, but rather an excuse to put sanctions against the 2nd Amendment. We should have seen this coming with the 5.45 ban.

Look over here at a television full of images showing death and airplanes flying over contested territory on the east side of Ukraine. While you're busy, we will be taking away your rights. Don't pay

I will proceed on the assumption that Russian ammo is included in the ban. If it isn't then it's a stroke of the pen to "fix" that (from the emperor's point of view).   And if I'm completely wrong

So does anyone think this will affect the Molot and the Vepr line??

I have more detail on the language of the sanctions:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/07/foghorn/breaking-obama-administration-bans-import-izhmash-kalashnikov-saiga-firearms/

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20140716.aspx

All I am seeing is the Kalashnikov Concern by name, and other Izhmash research companies.

Thoughts?

It will likely be ALL of them.

I don't know guys, I can't find ANYTHING to suggest anything other than Izhmash related businesses. Also TheTruthAboutGuns reported in March about the sanctions then meant the end of imported Russian small arms etc and it did just shit besides create another panick buy.

The more I read, the less it looks like anything besides the Saigas

It is possible that they will go bankrupt after the situation in Ukraine calms down, and then rename themselves something else.

The import of firearms was not banned. It was the dealings with this one company by name.

Hard to say how this will wash out. But I am aware of a couple companies working on semi auto box mag shotguns, which would be nice since the Russian imports rise and dip like a dinghy in a hurricane.

Dang. Was planning on picking up a couple of saiga x39's from Atlantic and just went on their website. The 47's and 74's are. Gone. This sucks.

Can't seem to edit my posts from my iPhone for some reason- also the vepr 12's are gone. As in, not even an option

I normally say something non-comforting like "today IS the good ole days"....

It seems today that, the day before yesterday, was the good ole days of Russian fun stuff - at least for a while.

But just think. I was in my mid 20's in 1989 when the Berlin wall came down and watched Russia emerge a year later from the ashes of the USSR.  Before 1991, there was NOTHING in this country made in Russia before 1917 that wasn't captured, contraband or government owned.  No Stoli.  No Saigas, No Wolf, No VEPR's, No Molot, NADA - NIX - Zero.  Even eating beets was considered an anti-American activity.

I view this as a temporary (albeit of unknown duration) problem.

If you have it - hold onto it.  If you want it now, get it while you can.  But if you are patient, things will probably come around again.

[FWIW - In 1988, I bought an Action Arms, IMI Galil ARM, NIB, with all accessories and 3 - 35 rounders and 2 - 50 rounders for $750 OTD after I sold a fixed stock FNC for $450.  At the time, NO ONE saw an import ban or assault weapons ban on the horizon - including me.  And who knew the Israeli's would quit making the Galil in the meantime?  I never imagined how valuable that rifle (or the FNC) would become.  I sold the Galil after a job loss in 2010 and made several times my initial investment, but it is one of one I regret selling - even considering the situation.  I'll never be able to replace it at the value point I had for it then.  My point?  Get good, quality, desirable stuff and hold onto it as long as you can.]

Macbeau sends...

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 2

even if they do ban import all it will do is create domestic manufacturing. 

Of what? Overpriced and unreliable AKs? US so far has the worst track record as far as reliability of any mass-produced AKs. Look at Waffen Screws ... BHA... and the list goes on. Out of spec recievers, barrels, crap metal etc. etc. Corners cut everywhere.

I do not know what it is about the AK building in US but they mostly turn into crap (over-thinking, "improving" it? who knows) or cost an arm and a leg. While it looks like cave-dwelling Pakistani Taliban can make a functional AK out of a shovel and it works...go figure.

Not holding my breath for a QUALITY and CHEAP($300-500) USA AK like ex-iron curtain countries provided (including Yugo/Serbia).

Any time competition is forced out of the playing field... it is bad for the consumer no other way around it.

And on the mentioned above... Kalashnikov factory deal fell through because it was forced down on this side by imminent sanctions. Why open a daughter company and waste resources just to be pressured to close?

Edited by HappYBallZ

Well now that russia is lighting off a new cold war, and a pretty hot one in ukraine.

Im much less interested in supporting their military industrial complex.

The sanctions also apply to the manufacturers of the SAM missles, like the one just used to bring down an airliner.

I can do without any new guns from them

• Like 1

Screw that... we should be marching hand in hand with our Russian brethren to eliminate the Jihadist threat WORLDWIDE! I would sooner follow Putin than the living farce we have in The White House. The Banksters and The global corporate regime run all the Worlds nations anyway, perceived differences between political systems are just sheer illusions IMHO.....

Some banks on that list, too; so even if a weapon company isn't specifically mentioned, if that company uses that bank, we probably still can't import them.

The companies, and I saw Izmash and Izhevsk on the list, haven't done anything wrong; so I have no problem with their products.

Those companies are just major trading partners with us, so to hit Russia in the wallet we sanctioned them.

If folks suddenly have moral objections because of the actions of some of the people who use their products, then they should have been opposed to the companies all along when AK's were being used by every group in the Middle East to kill American soldiers.

If Izhmash products were okay yesterday, nothing that's happened today should change anyone's opinion.

And if we could kill the Jews that wouldn't bother you either I bet.

See a Nazi behind every bush do you? Go ahead and live in your little fantasy world of moral relativism, until the local PD pulls up to your house for a SWAT hit and you discover those "fellow Americans" down at the police station have more in common with the Sicherheitsdienst than your intellect ever allowed you to begin to imagine...

• Like 1

And if we could kill the Jews that wouldn't bother you either I bet.

See a Nazi behind every bush do you? Go ahead and live in your little fantasy world of moral relativism, until the local PD pulls up to your house for a SWAT hit and you discover those "fellow Americans" down at the police station have more in common with the Sicherheitsdienst than your intellect ever allowed you to begin to imagine...

Ha..heydrich (SD) would have forwarded that to mueller (gestapo)..it is quite interesting how heydrich ended up at himmlers chicken ranch (his wife unit of all people)..heydrich drafted up the SD in 20 minutes which is all the time himmler allowed during the interview and himmler liked what he read..if you tried you could not set this stuff up..ruskies down an aircraft hours before the Izzy's invade gaza..how is that for timing-god speed

ps: no issue on ruski com bloc stuff..i never got a case of CLP with any com bloc gun..buy merican it was tossed in for free to get the damn gun to function properly 

ps: you should heave been smart enuff to see this coming months if not several years before yesterday..its your own damn fault if you did not buy at least 1 saiga by now..cdnn had saigas at $250ish 10/11 years ago..so go bang your head against a tree..its your own damn fault and quite your bitchin

Edited by snooter