russian sanctions hitting closer to home?

Personally I think this is sort of the last straw for me, and I'm more or less done with Russian-caliber firearms. If the M21/M90 becomes available, I'll probably buy one, but at this point if I buy more military rifles it will probably be AR type or those from friendly European nations - I have always wanted a nice SIG 556 with the QC issues wrapped up.

I think I may wait it out, see if the M21 ever shows. If it does I'll put the money I would have put into a 5.45 into an M21 and some 30 round mags, as I already have a good supply of 5.56/.223 for my AR. Maybe trade the 5.45 can I currently have for another in 7.62...whole situation just makes me unsure where I wanna go, such a mess

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont really see it as a push against Russia, but rather an excuse to put sanctions against the 2nd Amendment. We should have seen this coming with the 5.45 ban.

Look over here at a television full of images showing death and airplanes flying over contested territory on the east side of Ukraine. While you're busy, we will be taking away your rights. Don't pay

I will proceed on the assumption that Russian ammo is included in the ban. If it isn't then it's a stroke of the pen to "fix" that (from the emperor's point of view).   And if I'm completely wrong

Like just about everyone else who has an interest in hunting, sport shooting, firearm collecting, etc., I don't put anything past this administration at this point. But this is also an area they have to tread very carefully in, so the scope is going to be very narrow at this point and explained (politically anyway) as being unrelated to anti-firearm regulation...though none of us need poli-sci degrees to figure out the truth of it.

To the point of your additional info, that explains why I didn't find them. I looked them up as FEDERAL STATE ENTERPRISE, which is how they list the company name on the Russian Golden Tiger website. I appreciate the info, but I wish I hadn't been wrong on this one.

Now wait a second guys.

Step back for a minute.  As listed on page 281 it is listed as "

FEDERAL STATE UNITARY ENTERPRISE STATE RESEARCH AND PRODUCTION ENTERPRISE BAZALT ".

Golden tiger website lists their name as "Federal state enterprise Vympel"

Are we sure this is the same entity?

The ammunition plant may not actually be on the sanctions list.

It seems a pretty thin straw you're grasping but I hope you're right.

I'm not sure its really that thin. If you look up federal state enterprise bazalt it you find a separate website for the bazalt company with is a weapons and technology group based out of Moscow I think.

Here is a link.

http://bazalt.ru//

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 1

Chevyman I sure hope your right. But sadly, darth is usually up on his stuff- I sure hope he's wrong. If he is right- I've ordered enough GT to pay for the addition on my house ( I am embellishing. A little. ) if not at the very least I've paid for sams kids first semester of college.

Just a thought, I'm sure they're busy as hell but has anyone sent an email to sg? They seem the biggest importer of GT that I know of. I'm wondering what their input is.

I will proceed on the assumption that Russian ammo is included in the ban. If it isn't then it's a stroke of the pen to "fix" that (from the emperor's point of view).

And if I'm completely wrong and imported ammo keeps flowing like the great flood of Noah until the end of time then I guess I was foolish to stock up.

Then again, history shows it's never foolish to stock up.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 3

Well, i decided to double down and snag a case of wolf 125gr soft point, may as well make sure i can feed what i have for the time being before adding an ar to the family. It was a heated debate in my mind for the golden tiger vs soft point but i guess for me it boiled down to a cheap round i could also use to hunt with.

Look over here at a television full of images showing death and airplanes flying over contested territory on the east side of Ukraine. While you're busy, we will be taking away your rights. Don't pay attention to your own problems, get fixated on shit that's staged on the other side of the world. The goverment is here to serve you.

• Like 3

I will proceed on the assumption that Russian ammo is included in the ban. If it isn't then it's a stroke of the pen to "fix" that (from the emperor's point of view).

And if I'm completely wrong and imported ammo keeps flowing like the great flood of Noah until the end of time then I guess I was foolish to stock up.

Then again, history shows it's never foolish to stock up.

+1

And I jumped on the hoarding bandwagon with you this weekend as well. Picked up more 7.62x39, which included some brass rounds this time...along with the dies & such to start putting the brass stuff back together should it come down to that.

I just wish I had the funds to get a VEPR x54R on the way today.

I was really wanting one of these also. And a saiga 223

Personally, I won't buy another Russian firearm for a LOOOONG time... This will effect the already shitty parts supply situation too. I wanted a street swepper bad, the S-12 was better and vastly more affordable, so I bought one. I'm good.

So.. Bring the ARs that I never cared much about!

And if we could kill the Jews that wouldn't bother you either I bet.

Da Fuck, Darth? You got off the rails, homes....

Shit does happen.... Catamount Fury is looking like a winner now. I never thought I'd say that, but here we are. Maybe US companies can offer parts and products that will make it worth having.

I don't think so, Anthony... Given this swipe of a pen ban, just why in the fuck would I want to by an already inferior to the S-12, never mind VEPR-12, firearm from another overseas supplier? I'm thinking the Firebird USA made MKA-1919 is the winner. Just gotta pony up that cash! Given this turn of events, that's where my mind is heading. I've had a bad feeling about imported arms for awhile now. Hitlary is going to really fuck it up bad and you know she's the next cancerous tumor to the US.

Fortunately I have some pals like you and Cobra (and even Tony Rumore to a much lesser extent, we're cool, just not pals) to keep my S-12 running like a scalded dog for awhile to come. That isn't meant to minimize the friendships I've built with you and Shannon, we're good if you never touch my gun. I'm just confident that it can't be too fucked for you guys to fix.

--------------------

All of you guys should be beating the shit out of your congressman about this travesty. I have! Get on it! We're not pussies and we're certainly not afraid of a few phone calls and emails!

Barack straight up banned the "AK" again to hurt *US*, not Russia... This is some shit and we can fix it if we rally... Posse up!

Edited by Maxwelhse

So about brass, there are u.s. manufacturers for it right? Im pretty sure there are but i want a double check as i already have reloading dies etc.

Yes, but for the price of it, I would pay a little extra and pick up the Red Army brass cased, boxer primed ammo. It's made in Bosnia by Ingman, so it should be around for a while and it's not too much more than the "cheap" Winchester bulk brass. It'll cost you about 8-10¢/round extra, but you get some range time with some quality factory ammo cheaper than you can load bulk brass and reloadable, once-fired cases to take home afterwards.

SG Ammo has it in stock.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up--ill probably pick some of that up after next paycheck. I expect after i run through the steel case i have alotted to shoot i will start getting very serious about reloading for the ak.

And i agree max with the sentiment but lets face it, its not like obummer gives two shits what any congressman says or what their constituency thinks. At bare minimum we are stuck with this shit for 2 years. The best that we can hope for is that the flow of cheap 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 aren't impacted any more than they already have been under this administration. Oh, and that aks from other countries arent somehow affected either.