hey guys, I picked up the 9mm PPS43 from my FFL yesterday, (100 percent made at the RADOM factory in Poland) the only issue I had with it was when I opened up the accessory box, it had a oiler and the cleaning rod, the handle of it is a elevation tool for the front sight, but no mags,  suppose to come with 2, which are modified by adding a spacer inside  to take up the extra space for the 9x19.

oh well, stuff happens,  just gave a call to IO and the customer service guy apologized and said they will be  sending me the mags

it's nicely blue, nicely riveted and parts are all new, has the modified full auto  bolt for semi auto only function, and semi auto trigger group like my 7.62x25 PPS

well, I do have standard 7.62 mags, so I figure let me try these with the 9mm ammo. so I got out my PPS-43 stripper clip  speed loader smile.png  a few clips of 9mm and loaded it up. inserted it into the pistol, and fired it.

it feed and ejected great, even without the spacer,  and since I was shooting on private property, I rapid fire it, pulling the trigger as fast as I could, now I was expecting it to jam up or misfeed etc.. BUT IT DIDN'T.  ok, let me try this again, so I loaded up the mag again, and right from the start rapid fired this baby. and got the same result, no jams,  misfeeds  etc. smile.png

so now that I know this puppy functions great, next I went to see how accurate this shoots. now holding and aiming this "pistol" sucks big time, just like all "evil pistols", but taking careful aim at a target out to around 50 yard - a TICKLE ME ELMO doll I picked up at a garage sale for 50 cents, took aim and fired. I'm here to tell you  ELMO won't be needing any more tickling , front sight didn't need any adjustment, it was dead nuts on.....dead nuts ELMO on021.gif. ELMO should have been wearing body armor.021.gif

so all in all, this is a great gun!!!!!!! and for 314 bucks shipped (bought it when ROYAL TIGER had them on sale for 299.95)  plus 20 dollar transfer fee, for 334 bucks I am going to pull them trigger and submit the 200 dollar tax for SBR.

my original intent was to take the barrel out, have it swapped out with the 7.62 barrel in my already SBR'd 43, when my x25 ammo runs out, and use the rest as spare parts. but this puppy would be worth the tax stamp to have all the original parts with it.  I can always sell my x25 43  to one of you rich folks who can afford to buy 7.62x25 ammo. laugh.png  

I just about have my 70 round 9mm PPS-43 drum near completion, just have to call up my buddy sometime next week, who's a welder to have the feed tower welded on the SUMOI drum. smile.png

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Those are pretty cool guns.

I wantbig_smile.gif

yes they are. get one it's only money so you might as well enjoy life with the things you want. well, that's my philosophy anyways.

and now chambered in 9mm, it's not dependent on foreign ammo imports!!!!!!! which is a SUPER PLUS!!!!!!!!!  the next best thing is it isn't all that hard or very difficult to make the stock functional after getting the ATF approval. it took me like 1/2 hour or less when I did my 7.62x25 PPS 43. 

with a stock it makes the gun A LOT MORE pleasurable and enjoyable  to shoot

• Like 2

so now that I know this puppy functions great, next I went to see how accurate this shoots. now holding and aiming this "pistol" sucks big time, just like all "evil pistols", but taking careful aim at a target out to around 50 yard - a TICKLE ME ELMO doll I picked up at a garage sale for 50 cents, took aim and fired. I'm here to tell you  ELMO won't be needing any more tickling , front sight didn't need any adjustment, it was dead nuts on.....dead nuts ELMO on:lolol:. ELMO should have been wearing body armor.:lolol:

. :)

Speaking of Elmo and nuts,

What was the last thing Tickle me Elmo got before he left the factory?

Test Tickles (testicles) :)

Congrats on killing the Tickle Me Elmo doll.

I always wanted to get a bunch of Furbys and put them out @ 100-300yds as rifle targets. Shoot one, and the rest start yammering, then shoot the next one that yammers. THAT would be GREAT fun!

• Like 1

I always wanted to get a bunch of Furbys and put them out @ 100-300yds as rifle targets. Shoot one, and the rest start yammering, then shoot the next one that yammers. THAT would be GREAT fun!

Not to jack the thread but the ultimate would be "it's a small world" disneyworld. Target rich environment.

Now back to Sudayev's pistol.

How are the sights at 100 yds. for MOE? (Minute of Elmo) smile.png

haven't tried at 100 yards, the land I was shooting on was limited to like 50 yards maybe a bit less,  that had a small hill as a backstop. I went there with the sole  intention  to check the function of the gun, in case something was wrong I can send it back ASAP for repair, it was just a happy surprise that the regular PPS43 mag worked for 9mm. which is a big cost saver there if you plan on buying one and want more then the 2 modified mags  that comes with it, as it cost just about double what their standard  43 mags sell for 15 bucks Vs. 28 or so bucks (at ROYAL TIGER).

course for me, if the mag didn't work for 9mm, I would have just modified a few of my regular mags, instead of buying them,  by adding a thick plastic spacer to them, and cutting the follower shorter, I'm all about modifying things for myself to what I need. smile.png  

I don't think that at 100 yards you could hit something that small as a ELMO doll, with just  one round of 9mm.  well, maybe you could.

now,  there would be no doubt for me that if you "pepper" the area I am 100 percent sure you can hit it then. which would be more fun then taking careful aim laugh.png  

Imagining the Furby's disappearing in a cloud of fur reminds me of the movie Critters...

They have weapons!

So what?

*BLAM*

OH FUCK!!

The only F-word used in the whole movie, and the entire theater was laughing their asses off!  :D

The Norinco 9mm barrels for the 7.62x25 TT pistols used the same mag for both calibers.. I don't see why it should be any different here. If you can load a full stack into the mag, it should run fine, as you already discovered.

This is a cool deal but the PPS has never really done anything for me.

The Norinco 9mm barrels for the 7.62x25 TT pistols used the same mag for both calibers.. I don't see why it should be any different here. If you can load a full stack into the mag, it should run fine, as you already discovered.

This is a cool deal but the PPS has never really done anything for me.

Not entirely true - the Norinco 213 uses the same frame in 7.62x25 or 9x19, but there is a steel spacer and a proprietary 9mm magazine. The full 9mm conversion kit also came with a spacer and 9mm magazine. The 9mm factory model also uses a different slide with a smaller ejection port. You can get away with not using the spacer and special magazine, but it won't always feed right. I had an occasional malfunction with 115-grain ammo feeding from 7.62x25 mags. The 9mm barrels for the cz. 52 however, are just that - a barrel and nothing else. No real choice but to use mags intended for 7.62x25 - they seem to feed pretty reliably.

Those are pretty cool guns.

I wantbig_smile.gif

and now chambered in 9mm, it's not dependent on foreign ammo imports!!!!!!! which is a SUPER PLUS!!!!!!!!! 

If you have the patience to repeatedly run your brass through dies and trim it back, you can form 7.62x25 cases from 5.56/.223 :D  US manufacturers produce appropriate projectiles - no need for foreign imports.

The rifle that saved my wife's country from the Nazi scum.

This is Kremnica, Slovakia. Home of one of the world's oldest and still operating mints.

post-24315-0-41264300-1405955782_thumb.jpg

Borrowed from http://ww2rustc.www5.50megs.com/weapons.html

PPSh-41 submachine gun

When you think of an American GI during WW2, you always imagine him with an M1 Garand rifle. You always imagine a German WW2 soldier with an MP40 submachine gun, even though there were much more of them armed with a Mauser rifle. The weapon that undoubtedly symbolizes a Soviet soldier during WW2 is a PPSh-41 submachine gun. The Russians called it PPSh (peh-peh-shah). It is a Russian abbreviation for "Pistolet-Pulemyot Shpagina" - "Submachine Gun of Shpagin". Georgy Shpagin was a designer of this great weapon. The PPSh had some excellent predecessors: Fyodorov's "avtomat" - automatic rifle - of 1915, that saw some very limited use in the Russian Imperial Army during WW1; Finnish "Suomi" submachine gun, that the Rusians experienced during the Winter War; and, finally, Degtyarev's PPD-40 submachine gun. But PPSh was clearly the peak of submachine gun developement at that time. It was unique in its simplicity, ruggedness and reliability, that Russian small arms are to this day still famous for. But some of the most important features were that there was no screws at all required for its assembly, and all the parts were made by cold stamping. So every tin can factory could manufacture these guns in large quantities, and Russians made over 5 millions of them during the war. The Soviet army was probably the only army during WW2 that was armed almost exclusively with automatic weapons - PPSh-41. The only maintanance these guns needed was to keep them dry - free of any lubrication. Remarkably, despite its simplicity, it had higher rate of fire and accuracy than any other submachine gun used by anybody in WW2. This weapon was also the weapon of choice for the German soldiers. They captured a lot of them in course of the war and loved their reliability, accuracy and 71 rounds drum magazines. The Germans even rechambered it for their standard 9 mm round and used their standard 32 rounds box magazines with it. But the front line soldiers really prefered the original PPSh with the original drum. The details about this great weapon can be found here. Also, take a look at the Russian poster on this site. If you click on different areas of this poster, it will show you the English translation.

Technical data:
Cartridge: 7.62x25 (interchangeable with 7.63 Mauser; aka- .30 Mauser)
Type of Operation: Blowback
Cyclic rate: 900 rpm
Muzzle velocity: c.1600fps (488mps)
Type of Fire: Selective: full-automatic and semi-automatic
Length: 33.10 in. (828mm)
Barrel: 4 grooves, right-hand twist
Barrel Length: 10.60 in (265mm)
Weight unloaded: 8 lbs. (3.64 kg), with drum 12 lbs. (5.40 kg)
Type of Feed Mechanism: Single position feed, stamped sheet-metal, curved box magazine. Also, a
drum magazine similar to the PPD type, but possessing two feed lips.
Magazine capacity: 35 round detachable box or 71 round drum
Note: 71 round drum was more common and should be used in this game
Weight of Loaded Magazines: 1.5 lbs, box type (.680 kg), 4 lbs. drum type (1.840 kg)
Sights: Tangent with open "U" notch, adjustable from 50 to 500 meters. On the later models, there is an
open "U" notch "L" flip rear sight set for 100 and 200 meters.

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 1

Soviet soldiers raising the Soviet flag on top of the Reichstag. both subguns PPSH,  and PPS-43 present

note; that song is NOT called the "Russian revolution", it's call FARWELL SLAVIANKA

if you're interested here is the English subtitle of the song,

• Like 1

MATT,

JUST CURIOUS, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE I.D. OF THE 7.62X25 BARRELS ON THESE GUNS ARE; IS IT .308, OR .311?

THANKS,

JESS1344

I would say it would be .311, like the bore diameter of the TT33.  fact is all 7.62mm Russian guns have that bore diameter, so I don't see why that would be any different

• Like 1

MATT,

JUST CURIOUS, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE I.D. OF THE 7.62X25 BARRELS ON THESE GUNS ARE; IS IT .308, OR .311?

THANKS,

JESS1344

I would say it would be .311, like the bore diameter of the TT33.  fact is all 7.62mm Russian guns have that bore diameter, so I don't see why that would be any different.

MATT,

YOU KNOW, STUPID ME, I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE AK KITS THAT COME OVER HERE WITHOUT BARRELS, AND THEN HAVE TO HAVE U.S. BARRELS PUT IN THEM.

SO THESE COME FROM RADOM AS COMPLETE GUNS, I TAKE IT?

THANKS,

JESS1344

SO THESE COME FROM RADOM AS COMPLETE GUNS, I TAKE IT?

THANKS,

JESS1344

yes, these are made 100 percent in RADOM PLANT in  Poland

when I get my PPS43 9mm drum done, I'll post it on YOUTUBE and link it on this thread. :)

• Like 2

Sadly, for the liberated countries of eastern europe, they were forced into Russian communism after being screwed over by the Nazi and fighting them with all their might. The Russians rolled in with American supplies and an already weakened Nazi force. They stole whatever they wanted, claimed my wife's family farm and sent Sloaks to the farm to work as a commune for the state and sent the good shit to russia and the army first. They were a Republic before the Nazi, strong armed into fascist nazi control and then liberated by communists who gave two shits about the people. They raped the Slovak women, killed the opposition and took whatever they wanted. To this day, a Slovak hates the Germans and Russians to the core.

• Like 1

the original "proshanie slavianki" dosen't have word's, it's a marsh,  but this song is most known(video that i have posted), the video posted  before is "unknown" handmade with "pop" russian film actors, like if "The Bonnie Blue Flag" would be singing by Tom Kruse

a little correction, first posted before video is USSR marsh-song in WWII, second video posted before is as i sad on top of this post

Edited by Z_Felix