found a fun way  to annoy them, as much as they annoy me. I figure what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

I have my computer on my desk along with my phone, and the computer is on all the time until I go to bed that is when I turn it off.

so having said that, bookmark a really annoying or fun song or anything you want. then when they call and it's a live person, open up that site and while they are still talking put the receiver close to the speaker hit play and when it's done hang up the phone

I cue up this song at  23 seconds and then hit the play icon

021.gif 021.gif 021.gif021.gif 021.gif 021.gif 021.gif 021.gif 021.gif 021.gif 021.gif 021.gif 021.gif 021.gif  

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

LOL. Yeah I hate those fuckers with every fiber of my being. I am supposedly on the "no call list" but still more than 80% of calls I get to my land line are from these obnoxious bastards. What's funny is they have even gotten more tricky lately and started using my friends' numbers (like the local gun shop I frequent) to try and trick me into answering. The caller ID shows "Sovereign Guns" right on the screen but I know it's that same dumb bitch from that place telling me blablabla about my credit card that needs attention or whatever. Pissed me off so bad I finally stopped answering my land line at all. If ya don't know my cell number then too fuckin bad you gotta talk to my machine. It opens with... Hello. Sorry but we are no longer answering the phone unless we recognize your number on the caller ID. You can thank the telemarketers for that. If you want to leave a message then press one for Shannon or....  Yep I get a nice giggle every damn time I see a stupid 1 (888) number or whatever come up on my TV or cordless phone and laugh as they get shut down... without having to do a damn thing...lol.  ;)

• Like 2

donotcall.gov does the trick for me. The fear that you can sue them for automatic damages of thousands of dollars is pretty effective to get you off of all the lists. I can't remember the last time I got a telemarketer.

That and don't sign up for stupid "contests" that are just giving your contact info away and giving permission to be on calling lists.

When my kids were little, I'd tell them to hang on and talk to my wife.  It took most of them a minute or two to figure out that they were talking to a 6 year old.  This made getting a telemarketing call an enjoyable, family experience.haha.gif

• Like 3

When they used to call I would just say " I am certainly interested and I want to know every single little detail. Give me the whole spiel"!!!!

These babbling fools would begin their oral diarrhea and I would just lay down the phone. In about 5 minutes come back and there would be a dial tone.

Or, I would say "I can't talk right now give me your number and I'll call you back". They would say we are not allowed to give out our number and I would say "exactly asshole" and hang up.

Edited by JAG
  • Like 2

Here's a fun fact: Most telemarketers get penalized if they hang up on you. Some don't but I suspect the majority do. In the past, I've actually had a couple beg me to just hang up. I've even had one bring their manager on to ask me to hang up. How do I do it?

I always let them start their spiel then I butt in and ask, "What are you wearing right now?". When they try to ignore that question I inform them that I'm not going to let them continue until they tell me and then I keep interrupting until they either tell me or make something up. If they choose to play along then I will let them get a few more sentences deep in their pitch and then escalate to if they are wearing underwear, if so what color they are, "do they make them feel sexy?". Some will try and tell you that they are married which then leads me to ask very personal questions about their sex life; "Have you ever let him put it in your ...."  and advice like "He probably needs to go down on you more."

Two days ago I actually had this girl with an Asian sounding accent tell me she was wearing pink underwear and agree that it was in fact sexy. I rewarded her with 3 more minutes of sales pitch for that "quid-pro-quo" before I interrupted for the final time with, "Hey, is it cool if I take my dick out while we talk?"................CLICK....CLICK......TONE................

Every once in a while you will get a stubborn one that won't hang up. At this point I'll start looking up disgusting sex stuff up on Urban Dictionary to ask them about.

Edited by Vermiform
  • Like 5

I use to have an answering machine that you could record two different out going messages. I would call the fax number on a random buisness card, record that for my second greeting. As soon as telemarketers started calling, I would switch to the fax recording.  It wouldn't take long for them to stop.haha.gif

• Like 1

At the shop, I've asked them to hold on for a few minutes that my secretary was on her knees in front of me blowing the head off my dick, most hang up, some have asked me if I was married, and I said, Yes, she's holding my dick for her.....CLICK.  Now about all we get is those damn Robo calls, and like Cobra, if I don't recognize the #, I don't answer it anymore.

Most now are trying to make their #'s look like a cell phone #.

I do the caller ID, mostly ignore them, but sometimes I pick up and do not make a sound - most robo dialers are voice activated. After 3 seconds of silence they disconnect and drop your number from rotation.

• Like 1

I actually ENJOY telemarketers...  I ALWAYS get them to hang up on me!!!!!  SKILZ!!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Once I was told I could get a hundred dollars cash if I signed up for some satellite company... blah blah blah... I interrupted the pitch to ask if I could use the hundred dollars for a hooker... The man asked " what did you just say?" so SLOWER AND LOUDER I asked again... CAN I USE THE HUNDRED DOLLARS TO BUY A HOOKER?!?  click.... LOL!

another one I love is the ones offering me a new auto warranty... 

I get all excited and explain parts for my car are expensive.. .they BITE...  when they ask me what I drive...  why an '87 Ferrari 308 GTS of course...  CLICK!!!

I actually had one lady get excited too! She explained they couldnt help with warranty for THAT particular vehicle... but she was all wet in the pants over that car, I spent 5 minutes bullshitting her on all kinds of fun ferrari fantasy.... It was actually fun!!! I bet if I asked where she worked, she would have let me pick her up in the ferrari!!!!!! ROFL!!!  I think she had a really good day at work too!! ROFL!!!

I also get some spanish bullshit... I know if I click ONE I get a human!, so I do, and wait... sure enough!!! as soon as they say HOLA! I respond HOLA PENDEJO!!!!!  and start to insult their mother in spanish thereafter...  CLICK!

I LOVE WHEN THEY CALL!!! It just makes my day!!!!!  HAHAHAHAH

:smoke:

I just love the scam callers.  Even had the one from the Federal Consumer Protection Agency.  Had one of those dumb bastards call from a chicken coop with a rooster crowing in the background.

Finally, we started giving them the number of the police department's fraud investigation line.