Thinking....the unthinkable...

Call me crazy...a hypochondriac...whatever you will.

But with all that is going on lately im seriously just thinking about dumping my VEPR-12. I cant get the thought out of my head about parts, parts, parts. There really isnt an abundance of replacement parts to begin with, never has been. Russian parts that is.

Will Saiga springs and pins work on the Vepr? I was thinking they probably would but i know there are small differences in the two rifles.

I just think some times, why even bother? Why have a gun im going to be constantly worried to shoot and risk breaking/wearing out a part?

With all the new import bans it seems our availability for parts will just get even worse.

Some one slap me and bring me back to senses.

• Like 1

SLAAAAP! Stop this none sense.

If you don't go out there and do senseless mag dump after mag dump ( yes I know it's fun!) these things are built like tanks. They will last you a long time worst comes to worst, you can buy a cheap Chinese clone and beat that to shit.

Haha, thanks. Ya they are known for their durability for a reason right!  Im just really feeling the gloom and doom set in a guess from the last week of events. It saddens me that our gun loving culture in this Country is being torn down by these tyrants. It will take so long to undo this trash our grandkids will probably still be dealing with it for generations.

From what ive been looking into the last few days im pretty sure most the S12 springs and minor things like firing pins, extractors and what not will work on the VEPR as well. So it is starting to relieve some worries.

Saiga 12 bolts and carriers are directly interchangeable with Vepr 12 bolts and carriers. Pins are easily fabricated and replaced. The only real difference is the op rod, unless you compare a Saiga IZ-433, in which case the op rods are also identical.

Mike

• Like 5

GUYS,

WE ALREADY MAKE AK RIFLES AND PISTOLS, BOTH MILLED AND STAMPED, AND ALL THEIR PARTS AND PIECES, RIGHT HERE IN THE STATES, RIGHT?

HOW HARD WOULD IT BE TO MAKE THE HEAVIER RPK (VEPR) TYPE RECIEVERS, IF, SOMEONE ISN'T DOING IT ALREADY?

AND MAKING AN S/V-12 WOULD TAKE WHAT, MILLING THE MAGWELL OUT BIGGER, MAYBE A DIFFERENT MAG CATCH, MAYBE A BIGGER HOLE IN THE TRUNNION FOR THE SHOTGUN BARREL?

HOW MANY OF THE SMALL PARTS WON'T INTERCHANGE BETWEEN THE RIFLE AND SHOTGUN; DOESN'T R&R ALREADY MAKE BOLT CARRIERS?

TAKE HEART, HAPPY WARRIORS, LET'S SEE SOME OF THAT AMERICAN "CAN-DO" SPIRIT, NOT "OH-WOE", BECAUSE THAT IS EXACTLY HOW 'TANG WANTS YOU TO FEEL.

HE AND HIS ACOLYTES WANT YOU TO FEEL LIKE A DOG THAT'S BEEN BEATEN AND STARVED UNMERCIFULLY, AND IS BALLED UP IN A CORNER WITH NO HOPE, QUIVERING, WITH ITS TAIL BETWEEN ITS LEGS.

WELL FUCK HIM, AND ALL THAT RIDE WITH HIM!

DENY HIM THAT SATISFACTION!

NOW, TODAY, IS THE TIME FOR EVERYONE THAT'S IN THE AK BIDNESS, LARGE AND SMALL, TO BEGIN NETWORKING.

SEE WHO CAN BUILD WHAT, AND HOW MUCH.

ONE THING IS VITAL, FOR THIS TO WORK, EVERYONE HAS TO BE SINGING OFF THE SAME "SHEET OF MUSIC", IE, A STANDARD SET OF PRINTS, DIMENSIONS, SPECIFICATIONS, ETC.

THERE'S ENOUGH PEOPLE OUT THERE WITH CNC STUFF THAT IF WORKING OFF A STANDARDIZED SET OF PRINTS, AN AMERICAN MADE AK/SAIGA/VEPR SHOULD FALL RIGHT TOGETHER.

OK, YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE WITH THE CAPABILITY TO DO THIS, GET YOUR POINTY LITTLE HEADS TOGETHER AND GET THIS FIGURED OUT.

"CAN'T-DO", DOES NOT EXIST IN YOUR VOCABULARY, FROM THIS DAY FORWARD.

JESS1344

• Like 1

I'm on the same boat here. I really really really want to get another 500 S&W and all my VEPR has done the past few months is sit in my safe unused. I am seriously thinkin' of flippin' it off on gunbroker to some panic buyer and grabbing up one of the 10" Performance Center models. Was always sad I had to sale that monster hand cannon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Call me crazy...a hypochondriac...whatever you will.

But with all that is going on lately im seriously just thinking about dumping my VEPR-12. I cant get the thought out of my head about parts, parts, parts. There really isnt an abundance of replacement parts to begin with, never has been. Russian parts that is.

Will Saiga springs and pins work on the Vepr? I was thinking they probably would but i know there are small differences in the two rifles.

I just think some times, why even bother? Why have a gun im going to be constantly worried to shoot and risk breaking/wearing out a part?

With all the new import bans it seems our availability for parts will just get even worse.

Some one slap me and bring me back to senses.

I've actually been running the Saiga 12 recoil spring in my VEPR 12 since it's lighter with success. I would love to have a spare operating rod for parts in case anything ever happens though.