Saiga 20 3-Gun

I got my three 20 ga. shotguns ready to rock .

Saiga 20 , Mossberg Turkey Thug , and the H&R/NewEngland Pardner Pump .

The extended mag tube on the H&R ( 8 + 1 ) is made for the Turkey Thug but fit on the H&R mag tube .

But the follower that came with the gun is slightly bigger then the other cloned pieces and the Remington 88 and all the other

follower cups slip right thru the H&R's pipe ......... I need a custom made "fat " follower plug for my H&R.

The Thug is going to have to run on expensive Buckshot or it will stovepipe on any cheap shells .

The Saiga is all dolled up with 2 piece stock set in light Maple with  a nice threaded  compensator and (4) Csspecs 10 round mags .

It will run fine on 3" shells but gets to jamming with the 2 3/4" crap .

The Turkey Nitro 3" works great on the gas block # 1 setting ; the cheap shells wont work on # 2 .

All three guns kick too hard - the Thug is big letdown as it kicks like hell in a semi auto,

the Saiga needs a recoil pad .

So far the pump Pardner is the best !   the other two seem to have too many issues that cause non- cycling

• 2 weeks later...

No , at least if by 3 you mean 3" shells . I'm back from the farm and the results with my Saiga 20 were poor . I could not get the mags to seat at the right angle in the gun to make them perform . I have decided that for a gun designed to be a battlefield weapon - mine is far too finicky and temperamental to rely on . I'm selling it

I know from playing with a number of them with a little attention to the right areas the Saiga 20 can be made to run about flawlessly with even cheap low brass ammo. In one case I did have to take the gas block off and add a hole but generally it was just changing out the front spring and maybe a tighter puck.

Haven't seen a Mossberg Thug but they're guns are usually pretty good so again you should be able to get about 100% reliability with some TLC on it, if it's a gas gun again it's ports but getting it to run low brass birdshot may make it beat hell out of itself with shooting the stuff it was made for. Bigger ports will make that bolt come back harder and faster good for cycling low brass stuff but maybe not good for the gun.