hi guys! I was offline here and there and not keeping up with the trends in the gun biz...

is there another panick for Saiga shotguns going on?

guess its that time of year. let's hope I'm not wrong on this one being bullshit like the 5.45.... that was messed up.

No panic. There has been a ban implemented on Russian weapons imports. And its not bullshit.

Well, SHIT! That asshole do some exec action or was it related to their black ops in Ukraine to force the EU and US oil interestes in their unfracked oil fields? Fucking Obama is the worst commie ever.

There are many threads open about it. ON many firearms boards lol many many threads.

Basically Commie Ozombie wrote an EO that sanctions/bans the imports from companies in Russian that deal with exporting and manufacture of the Russian weaponry we love so much. Sad week for us all.  Many other Sanctions were involved.

hi guys! I was offline here and there and not keeping up with the trends in the gun biz...

is there another panick for Saiga shotguns going on?

guess its that time of year. let's hope I'm not wrong on this one being bullshit like the 5.45.... that was messed up.

No panic. There has been a ban implemented on Russian weapons imports. And its not bullshit.

Well, SHIT! That asshole do some exec action or was it related to their black ops in Ukraine to force the EU and US oil interestes in their unfracked oil fields? Fucking Obama is the worst commie ever.

There are many threads open about it. ON many firearms boards lol many many threads.

Basically Commie Ozombie wrote an EO that sanctions/bans the imports from companies in Russian that deal with exporting and manufacture of the Russian weaponry we love so much. Sad week for us all.  Many other Sanctions were involved.

an executive action or an EXECUTIVE ORDER. huge fucking difference in the two. one goes away with the administration. the order does not.

thanks for the info. looking it up now.

Edited by Stryker0946

Those that bought their Saiga 12 for $799 can now probably get $1000 or more. There is a panic buyer around every corner.021.gif

If it is of a type that can be replaced or even upgraded then absolutely.

x39 AKs are common and plenty of good ones around.

223 is just simple stupid.

308 can also be replaced with a GOOD FAL, no problem at all with those.

But the shotguns, there really isnt anything else to compare with the Russians. Those I would not sell.

cough, cough……MKA, BORRA, FIREBIRD, and many more soon to follow.

Personally, I think this Russian ban is great, maybe it will get us Americans off our lazy asses and start making shit here in America again.

I would love to see an importation ban on China and the rest of the world for that matter.

From what I have seen those are fairly pricey options.

Can not really see getting out of a Saiga 12 with the cash to do it, maybe that will change.

The MKA has pretty much always been a cheaper alternative than a Saiga  or Vepr, whether your talking factory stock or full race gun.

Well piss. Apparently since this is an executive order it has staying power until some president down the line lifts it, correct? Fuckin' a, this sucks ass.

yep. not to be a debbie downer. But some of us may never see this lifted in our life time. This is something our children will probably have to undo...

On a side note. Russia is being super douchers and need to chill the Eff out. But it was just a chance Oman wouldnt pass up. He did not do it to hurt Russia. He will do anything to further his gun control agenda.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 2

Well piss. Apparently since this is an executive order it has staying power until some president down the line lifts it, correct? Fuckin' a, this sucks ass.

yep. not to be a debbie downer. But some of us may never see this lifted in our life time. This is something our children will probably have to undo...

On a side note. Russia is being super douchers and need to chill the Eff out. But it was just a chance Oman wouldnt pass up. He did not do it to hurt Russia. He will do anything to further his gun control agenda.

"our children undo" I wonder if that's what gun folks thought in 1934. This is bull shit and the government doesn't go back on these things. It pisses me off so bad. Maybe russia will get smart and set up a shell company in another country and change the name and keep selling them. That's our only hope really.

Its only a panic if its not real. The ban is indeed real. If you sell it, you will likely not be able to replace it for a VERY long time.

Those that are "panic" buying up all the saigas are smart. Its not really panic buying in my book. They are just buying up the last of what isnt going to be here much longer.

True, Ill never sell my vepr12. But I can get a us made equivalent of my s308 in.the form or an ar10, 762 saiga? Any other ak is pretty much the same. Same.how's for 545 and 556. The scatter guns on the other hand are Perry much the only game in semi mag fed shotguns. So the vepr is mine forever.

traded a 21.8" s308 for a 12 this weekend. like ya say, can always get a 308 mbr, at least fo the time bein...

Is it possible that people are panic'd out and that this may not be as profitable as the last one?

I think people who sell guns are chomping at the bit for another panic and they will price most saigas so high they won't sell them.

Is it possible that people are panic'd out and that this may not be as profitable as the last one?

I think people who sell guns are chomping at the bit for another panic and they will price most saigas so high they won't sell them.

It's pretty obvious the Russians knew the ban was likely, and dumped everything they had at us all year - that's why the Vepr 12's  went down to $799 (you know they wanted those to stay at a premium price) -

I think this will be a funny situation - the Saiga's are better known than the Veprs, so I can already see Saiga's going for $1200 on backpage, while Veprs are available at online retailers for less than that.. 

Just from doing a little google-fu -Classic, Centerfire & Buds appear to have less than 1,000 Vepr 12's between them & available for sale (or preorder) today... 

so Vepr's take a month or so to sell out.. 

But Saiga's are pretty much gone (unless another shipment appears)..

If you know (and value) the difference, you dump the Saigas & buy a Vepr for the same $$$.. 

Except Vepr's don't currently have reasonably-priced drum mags available..  (unless you're willing to pop off the magwell & fabricate a tab so saiga mags will fit your Vepr)..     

Hopefully SGM follows through with the drum mag so you can have the best of both worlds.   

I replaced the S12 with a mossy 930. I like it better than the S12. Box magazine on a shotgun is just not a big deal to me.

jack! heard those recoil like a mo fo, count me out!

It does recoil more than the S12 but it weighs 2 pounds less.

Personal preference of course.

mine is going to just sit n the safe and cuddle with my polytechs..while never a huge saiga fan i do like it for home defense application...for a smoothbore it has its place in the safe hierarchy..when i am away i will let them safe storage occupants fight it out as to ranking..saiga should be able to hold its own

Edited by snooter