Im thinking about switching from a j frame to a colt cobra for my carry piece. My biggest concern is that being trained and having used most nothing but smith and Wesson wheel guns im worried id be pushing the cylinder release instead of pulling.

Has anyone owned a colt cobra? I was liking at a2" barrel one. Also it has a full length extractor id like that. And it's one extra round so that's also nice.

What are you thoughts?

dumbest thing I ever did was give my sister my Colt Cobra, now I have to out live her to get it back.

I always kind of wished I hadn't sanded the grip to get the speed loaders to work but if I get the gun back I'll buy a new set.

this is my old gun it is a 2nd generation Cobra with the shroud, 1st gen like Jack Ruby's didn't have it.

post-26137-0-09919000-1405968474_thumb.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor

The only comment I can really make is that the 10-12 Colt wheel guns I've fired have been outstanding. I'm sure they make junk from time to time, but I haven't seen it.

As far as your training concern, it's just that: training. Train with it until you get it down cold and don't carry a S&W anymore once you've built that muscle memory.