I made this same prediction, that I stole from a youtube comment, about a week ago and I believe you are correct. smile.png

I've pretty much decided to leave foreign firearms alone from now on. I still like them and still want more, but its just not going to be worth the cost or hassle to get them. Never mind that spare parts in some cases were nearly unobtainable BEFORE the new "ban". I'll keep what I have and be happy to own them and hope for the best as far as keeping them running. I'm not TOO scared about parts availability.

It's going to make the classic AK vs. AR debate a no brainer for most people from now on.

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1

Ive said it and ill say it again. WHile its frustrating im sure seeing things snatched up. Its not exactly Panic buying if the threat is real.  There will not be anymore Russian weapons imported. So if some one wants them they have to get it now.

Dont be so quick to jump on people about this on.

• Like 2

this no way compares to to 89 ban (some of you may have still been a loose sperm in your daddys sack back then)..nuetered red army stuff while good for the most part requires some kewlness assembly by the owner (some additional cash outlaw to a bunch)..heck i dunno but for the most part we are talking cheap smoothbores that were really fun to modify and were very capable (yea it sucks),,personally i dont see a lot of the home modified S12's being overly desirable in the long term..reputable conversions should hold value (tony rumors stuff etc but look for NFA restriction like the POS street sweeper of old) the spas 12 which was listed on the 89 ban was not exactly high dollar even after the 89 ban and were not difficult to locate (spas 15 is a whole nuther deal though..those were truly rare)..valmets as an another example really have not moved higher since early 90's from what i remember..reason being parts and mags are a bitch to locate and expensive when they come up (my experience and i do have luv for the valmets-fondeled many but non in the stable)

-i think the end game is severe caliber restriction on ammo..id buy a few boxes of this and that and get what you shoot..if the nazi left ever gets its paws on ammo restriction it renders your gun as useful as a square wheel on a wheel barrow..

-I have some misgivings on a mag fed 12 guage and pistol grips on smooth bores,.i prefer sassy gingers with big cans so thats what i married but if you have other preference well more power to you...but yea this whole thing really pisses me off and like bush 1 in 89 you can grab your ass and kiss cheap red army imports gone for good.

-god speed

Edited by snooter

actually, I'm not mad at us, the general consumers. It's the GREEDY gun store owners trying to cash in on it.

My new least favorite person now is an arms dealer.  But I guess if some fool is willing to pay 10 times more for

something just to have it, what do I care..right. I bet the gun show merchants are chomp'n at the bit for the next show. 

Oh, buy the way, I have a brand new fully accessorized M-92 for sale for $3000 biggrin.png

I love the greedy gun store owners. They are following the rules of the free market. They have a product that is in demand and they are selling it on the open market for a price someone is willing to pay.

Those that don't want to pay the price... Don't. Could this be any simpler?

• Like 3

You are probably correct, since I'm finally going to start collecting parts to build my very first AR. Going for a 20" service rifle build. I will probably collect a couple extra lowers to eventually build one for my son when he gets older.

actually, I'm not mad at us, the general consumers. It's the GREEDY gun store owners trying to cash in on it.

My new least favorite person now is an arms dealer.  But I guess if some fool is willing to pay 10 times more for

something just to have it, what do I care..right. I bet the gun show merchants are chomp'n at the bit for the next show. 

Oh, buy the way, I have a brand new fully accessorized M-92 for sale for $3000 biggrin.png

been through all the panics so far

not really the gun store guys gouging

the gun show crowd were the ripoff guys  AR pmags for $125.00

Or primers for $100.00 per thousand

when all one needed to do was wait a little while

Marking up a product that can not ever be replaced is sound business.

in fact they have little choice a 2 or 3 hundred $mark up is one thing

A $2000.00 mark up is another.

but let the market decide,

• Like 1

Ive said it and ill say it again. WHile its frustrating im sure seeing things snatched up. Its not exactly Panic buying if the threat is real.  There will not be anymore Russian weapons imported. So if some one wants them they have to get it now.

Panic created by real circumstances is a more valid panic than a panic caused by unfounded fears.

It's still a "panic." It's not a "retard panic."

• Like 1

Panic created by real circumstances is a more valid panic than a panic caused by unfounded fears.

It's still a "panic." It's not a "retard panic."

Fair enough, we will call the ammo panics retard panics. And the  Russian weapons panic the logical panic. haha

• Like 1

At this point there is no reason for any kind of panic.  Panic means paying inflated prices and prices for ammo and most AKs are stable.  Panic buying a Saiga or Vepr now is pointless.

Buy a Yugo or a Romie or a Bulgie for a regular price and buy as much ammo and mags as you can, now before the next shoe drops.  That's not panic.  That's preparation.

• Like 2

At this point there is no reason for any kind of panic.  Panic means paying inflated prices and prices for ammo and most AKs are stable.  Panic buying a Saiga or Vepr now is pointless.

Buy a Yugo or a Romie or a Bulgie for a regular price and buy as much ammo and mags as you can, now before the next shoe drops.  That's not panic.  That's preparation.

The only problem with that is the fact that NO MORE Saiga or veprs are coming. People are completely justified in paying whatever they believe it worth it for them to get one. Sad fact is it you dont get one now, you may never.

• Like 1

Russia will find a way. Send there rifles to another country for import under a new name, or start selling VEPR and Saiga "kits"

That is more complicated than it is said. They could also just change the company name or ownership. But its not that simple.  The sanctions extend to financial groups and also state that the listed companies can not have any benefit or relations directly with the US. So basically exporting them to another Country or imported would not exactly fix the problem. From the way I read it, it appears that if the listed companies benefit in any way from the end result of the sale, its still banned. So exporting it to another country then importing it into the US would still be in violation of the Sanction, seeing as they still profit in the end.

Edited by Chevyman097

The only problem with that is the fact that NO MORE Saiga or veprs are coming. People are completely justified in paying whatever they believe it worth it for them to get one. Sad fact is it you dont get one now, you may never.

There are a lot of things I will never have or really ever need, I'll just add Saigas to that list.

Sad fact is it you dont get one now, you may never.

Yes it's a sad fact. It's a sad fact that I didn't buy a Polytech. It's a sad fact that I sold my SAR2 and an assload of bakelite AK74 mags. Life is full of sad facts.

And paying panic prices to get a Saiga or Vepr now would be a sad fact. If all AK imports were banned, and I had ignored every opportunity to buy one before now, then I might "panic" one.

As I said before, Mark and Tony and the other custom AK guys are way more impacted by this than you or I. But I believe they'll adapt and carry on. Cause that's what they do.

• Like 1

It seems to me 90% of America has no geographical knowledge whatsoever, and think that all foreign aks are on the chopping block. Fuckin a, people!

And that is where the "panic" in market prices that some of us are predicting is gonna come from.... To be fair to the ignorant hordes, ANY import can be stopped tomorrow from anywhere for no reason. There is some sound logic in getting on the ball pretty quick if you want an AK, or whatever, from where ever. Barack didn't go after K Concern to cripple Russia, he did it to ham string us and if he gets away with it once he'll do it again.

Edited by Maxwelhse

Panic buying?

Panic buying, hoarding & speculation, yep sure as shit it happens.

But my grabbing some parts & ammo, panic?  Nope just prudent purchases & investments brought about by current events.

If I had the mad money, hell yeah, I'd be ordering another Saiga 7.62x39 as a parts rifle and a Vepr12 just to have one.

If that's panic, a fucker I be.

• Like 3

With the resignation of the Ukrainian PM and parliament, shit is rolling downhill fast. Russia has begun shelling targets inland of eastern Ukraine.

Shit's heading this way. From here on out I'm actually collecting steel cases.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/07/24/russian-artillery-fired-eastern-ukraine/13108615/

I bought a Vepr 12 the day after sanctions for $929, a week prior they were $799. Did I "panic buy," No, I bought it because it may be my last call chance to buy a weapon that I consider to be fantastic. The dealers have every right to sell their products at whatever price they want even if it seems ridiculous to you, simply don't buy and when enough people don't buy then we will see the dealer drop prices. I wish people didn't line up at Walmart every day so I could freely walk up and buy some 22 ammo, am I mad they do it? No, they want to get it more than me so they got it. We shouldn't be upset at the market, we should be upset at our leaders that are constantly attacking our freedoms.