No more SGM drum pre-orders? Have they been canceled?!?

Hi guys,

I've noticed that Centerfire Systems is no longer doing the pre-orders for these. In addition, they removed the ETA date from the product page, as well as product pages for the SGM stick mags. I don't like this! I really hope that SMG is not canceling the production of these drums (or their Vepr 54R 20 rounders) in lieu of the importation ban.I would think that, considering that they must be late into the R&D process at this point and the number of Vepr-12s already in the country, that they would at least do a limited production run. However, I don't know what's involved in manufacturing and getting them out to the market. The stick mags seems to be sold out everywhere. Is this the result of the ban (many new owners needing mags )or have they been out-of-stock before the ban news? Thought?

I called them earlier today regarding this and their response was " we have changed the expected date of arrival from Feb 2014 to March then April then July and just last Saturday to August, since we are not sure exactly when they are coming and there is a huge demand we have stopped taking them." Apparently they do themselves do not know when they are coming. Carolina Shooter a Supply got then 12 rounders back in stock. Get some of those in the mean time.

Scratch that, I double checked and they are sold out as well. good thing I bought them fast.

Making a drum magazine of this caliber is very complicated. There is no conspiracy.  They are just trying to perfect it before releasing it. And it they cant prefect it in a costly manner, so be it. Shit happens. Pray for its perfection and be patient.

• Like 1

They are available for back order again

It is possible with the new sanctions that the vendors had a influx of pre orders and removed it shortly until they could verify if "said amount" would be available.  Maybe it was just a precaution. Very likely. It would have been a smart move. regardless of the fact that its not an imported part. People panic in strange ways.

Sanction or not, these drums have a high demand. What is probably going on is that after the sanction there has been hundreds if not thousands of new VEPR 12 owners that have their eyes on the drum, thus causing an even higher demand. When I talked to Centerfire they mention the issue was with production, they are available for back order one. I pulled the trigger this time around, but it might not arrive on the said August expected timeframe. According to the representative I talked to it has been pushed back numerous times, so in actuality they might arrive in a later date.

Sanction or not, these drums have a high demand. What is probably going on is that after the sanction there has been hundreds if not thousands of new VEPR 12 owners that have their eyes on the drum, thus causing an even higher demand. When I talked to Centerfire they mention the issue was with production, they are available for back order one. I pulled the trigger this time around, but it might not arrive on the said August expected timeframe. According to the representative I talked to it has been pushed back numerous times, so in actuality they might arrive in a later date.

Does/did Centerfire charge your card now for the preorder, or will they do that when the drums actually ship? 

I wouldn't mind reserving a place in line, just don't want to pay for something that I don't have any idea when it will ship... 

• Like 1

It has been over 5 days and it has not been charged to my account, I asked that same time when I called them and they said they won't charge your card until they ship the item. I am ok with being on a wait list and it's awesome that they won't charge until it ships, it inclined me to do it.