I HATE fucking thief's!  Something that was drummed into me by my father and reinforced in the Marines.  Both of their hands should be broken.  BTW...I wonder who's riding lawn mower that was in the back of their truck?

• Like 4

Good guys  1

Scumbags lowlifes 0

I can't help but wonder if they are going to get their asses waxed about the lawnmower. Hopefully, the owner reports it stolen. It would be highly unlikely those scrubs would own a mower like that. It is probably worth more than the truck. An aside, I got a good laugh out of the wifebeaters, lol.

• Like 1

I hate thieves more than just about anything on this planet. I'm glad you managed to catch them but its too bad its damaged. You'll probably NEVER get your money back from the repairs.

Thankfully you didn't have to pull on them. I once caught a guy trying to break into my truck, but long before the days of camera phones, and it was a similar deal. Scariest thing ever hoping that they didn't force my hand over $99 radio.

What are they gonna get 'em on?  Attempted theft?  Some sort of city salvage ordnance?  It's a misdamenar at best!

And some Biker he is!  He catches two guys trying to lift his bike from a lot and he starts with "Excuse me"...."Can I Help You"?

NOTHING will come of this - but I applaud his efforts!

Macbeau  sends...

And some Biker he is!  He catches two guys trying to lift his bike from a lot and he starts with "Excuse me"...."Can I Help You"?

I hope that was a joke... A he tells the story he did everything right from the situation he was in.

What are they gonna get 'em on?  Attempted theft?  Some sort of city salvage ordnance?  It's a misdamenar at best!

NOTHING will come of this - but I applaud his efforts!

Macbeau  sends...

Looks like your theory fell down. You can see their booking charges. Sure those will plead down, but they are going to be out of action for a while. More charges will probably be added when they track down owners of other stuff they had, per what the cops told me.

Also, I don't know where you got the idea I said that stuff. I took control, got public attention on the situation, got evidence locked down before they knew what was going on. I didn't do everything perfectly, but it did work out.

It's important not to corner a wolf unless you are a game warden with a few more wardens at your back. I intentionally gave them good reason to leave and a way to do it without escalating to violence. They panicked and left. I don't remember who I learned this from but the catch phrase is "always leave them an easy out."

p.s. why do you always sign your posts like that? 

I hate thieves more than just about anything on this planet. I'm glad you managed to catch them but its too bad its damaged. You'll probably NEVER get your money back from the repairs.

Thankfully you didn't have to pull on them. I once caught a guy trying to break into my truck, but long before the days of camera phones, and it was a similar deal. Scariest thing ever hoping that they didn't force my hand over $99 radio.

The windshield retails for about $180. Sometimes you can get the plastic part for $80-100, so I will get one sooner or later. I only use it for longer trips, but it was still on there from my trip on the 4th.

Azure had $1500 and a Wix card on him @ booking, but I don't expect to see any of that.

• Like 3

The windshield retails for about $180. Sometimes you can get the plastic part for $80-100, so I will get one sooner or later. I only use it for longer trips, but it was still on there from my trip on the 4th.

Azure had $1500 and a Wix card on him @ booking, but I don't expect to see any of that.

Anything is to much to pay for a criminal damaging your property. I just hate that crap. Obviously you've done a lot to maintain that bike, they don't fall out of the sky that nice most days, and some jackass comes along and busts your stuff up. It's almost more of an insult to your time and effort than the money. Money comes and goes all the time.

Does your county/state have complete criminal history online? If so, and he's been out of trouble for awhile, you may luck out and get your money back if you want to mess with chasing after them in court. You seem like just the guy to make that happen! :)

• Like 1

If I were doing it again, I would have stayed further back and taken a couple more pictures before I said anything. 

Some of it was doing stuff I decided to do a long time ago, i.e. keeping distance and whipping out the phone. I've talked down a couple threatening people before by letting them know I was taking pictures. It get's people off balance while they decide what to do. Buying time is almost always a good idea.

At the time I was wishing I had backed up over the curb so that I could use my car to jump into, but in retrospect, leaving it blocking traffic worked really well to cause a big scene. It was 5:01 pm on a main commute road. The whole thing was over by 5:02. I got the witness in the car behind me to write down her contact info, and looked up the picture of the license plate immediately after that. My phone says I called 911 with the plates at 5:03. There wasn't a lot of time to think this thing out as it was happening. These guys were not violent, but I was concerned that they might hit me or my bike as they fled. I was prepared to jump clear. My mind was definitely not prepped for a fight though. Not that my plan would be to fight it out if I had been thinking correctly in that respect.

I was actually at home cramming for the bar when the bike was taken. My neighbors were barbecuing within about 30 feet of where the bike was taken from, but didn't see it happen.

Does your county/state have complete criminal history online? If so, and he's been out of trouble for awhile, you may luck out and get your money back if you want to mess with chasing after them in court. You seem like just the guy to make that happen! smile.png

No. I think that some of that is actually illegal to put up, but can be requested as a public record search. The actual court records of bookings, charges, and disposition are all a matter of public record. Most counties in WA have websites that list every inmate in custody within a few hours of booking along with booking charges or any other charge they are held on. I used to enter that data, so I know it well. You don't see whatever out of county warrants they have on them though, so often if they bail on the stuff you can see, they just get shipped off to the next town in line that wants them.

• Like 1

I notice he was cited on a weapons charge - any info there? Was he carrying a firearm, did he have one in the vehicle or wherever he was when he was arrested? Is he a convicted felon? Says he has a prior weapons charge - interesting. You may've been in considerable danger.

I noticed that too. I honestly don't know. It could have been something in his truck or apartment when they busted him too, or possibly a deferred sentence that got reinstated. Obviously, it's something to think about. 

I know feelings aren't worth a lot as evidence, but I did not feel like it ever crossed their minds to fight. Their body language was all panic and back down. I've felt much more in danger from unarmed slightly drunk neighbor and his bull mastiff, because all his body language was classic pre-fight. (That guy might have thrown a punch or two and felt satisfied- his dog was what scared me. Nice dog, but it was queuing off of his aggression...) Fishing in Alaska tends to bring the crazies out, and I've seen people try to attack my father/us a few times. Also I worked in a jail for a while. I'm not a mind reader, but I just wasn't getting that vibe.

• Like 1

Well done GF.

Nice to see this crap stopped at the scene like that. Of all the times I've had stuff stolen, never a clue, let alone recovered property and charges filed.

Glad to see your not filling out insurance forms now too. Or trying to explain why you had to shoot two scumbags in the face over a motorcycle.

Don't think you could ask for a much better outcome considering.

• Like 2

Well GF looked like you handled the situation perfectly. While the keyboard kommandos always think they could have done better, you received results the rest of us only hope for. The suspects are in jail, you have your stuff and didn't get you knickers in a wad while doing so. Calm, emotionless response wins everytime. Hopefully this won't get pled down to a misdemeanor, but who knows with today's legal system.

• Like 1

You kept your cool, remembered to snap pics, and reported these thieves without a physical struggle.  And they got BUSTED.  You did good man.  Forget your CCW,  they're just lucky you didn't pull a blade!  Seen you handle them pretty impressively in a few of your review vids.

Thanks for the complement. However, I am a firm believer that if lethal force is justified anyone who grabs a knife when he has a gun is a fool. It really wasn't in my mind to go for anything. Worse, I was just driving for a short trip to the post office....

Sure I can get my knife out fast and put it away as smoothly, but I am not a knife fighter. I know a couple basic disarms, and some theory. I have had a few spot lessons from people who are supposed to be experts. Mostly what that has taught me is that both people in a knife fight usually lose. I don't ever want to put the theory to the test. I carry a knife as a tool, not a weapon. I suppose it is better than bare hands, but only a little.